Any former Talon/Eclipse/Laser drivers own a TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any former Talon/Eclipse/Laser drivers own a TSX?

Hi all,

I'm a new TSX owner (3 weeks and counting ).

I love the car. But it is different than my old '92 Talon. I drove that beast into the ground and it was a blast to drive.

The TSX feels more solid, and certainly more refined. I was wondering if any of you have previously driven a Talon/Eclipse/Laser and what your general comments are on the differences in handling between the two cars.

As an example, I felt more in control in my Talon in winter driving. I had snows on my Talon as well as my TSX but it feel different. Perhaps it's just the new car thing, or VSA or something. I will be going to some snow covered parking lots early next Sunday morning to put the TSX through it's paces.

Steering on the TSX feels more precise as well. It also feels 'bigger' than my old Talon. Lastly the seating position is higher. Like I said..I love the TSX and I'm just going through the differences so that this car will fit me like a glove just like my old Talon did.

Any comments welcome!
Old 01-27-2004, 06:51 PM
Possessed with my Schemes

I drove a 90 Talon TSi AWD around for a few years. I felt much more like I was in a cockpit in the Talon, and the Talon was much quicker. Different category of car, 2 door sports car versus a 4 door sedan. I miss the AWD of the Talon (and the turbo), being able to rev it up to 5k, let out the clutch and have the care barely chirp. TSX is much more refined, but I do miss the Talon.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:39 AM
Advanced

Yep I agree with you completely...the Talon had a wrap around cockpit of a dash. Very nice indeed.

That is one reason why I like my TSX so much, not a cockpit, but still an amazing dash, and awesome instrument cluster.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:04 AM
Racer

My girlfriend and I shared her base model '92 Eclipse while living in NJ for a year. It was a fun little car to drive -- smooth performance and nice 5MT transmission. We drove that thing cross country 4 times, always filled to the brim with stuff, and never had a problem.

As already noted, the TSX has a much more upright, tall feel to it, which I appreciate at 6'4"

The Eclipse seemed lighter on its feet, but the TSX handles as well or better. At highway speeds, both make you feel like you're going slower than you actually are, and feel well buttoned-down. Our Eclipse didn't have power steering, and was a real bear to maneuver in parking lots. TSX has close to perfect steering feel. Hated the automatic shoulder harness seatbelts
Eclipse had great brakes, and could stop on a dime. I actually like the TSX brake feel (not super sensitive), but the Eclipse's were more effective.

That's about all I can think of. Eclipse was a great car, and we only sold it (@ 135,000 miles) 'cause she wanted A/C and could afford the new Accord coupe EX MT due to her promotion at work