Am i paranoid ....

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 02:23 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am i paranoid ....

I got my NBP/ebony TSX ... so far enjoying it ...

I was browsing through the forums .. and saw lot of posts about paint problems ... esp the chips on the front ...

I dealer offered me some kinda paint protectant ..I declined it .. Will that help ? or is there a real necessary to put in a transparent bra ... Do most of u do it ?
Old 10-13-2004, 02:24 AM
Racer

i got paint protection and its not for chips its more of making the quality of the colour last afer a certain amount of years
Old 10-13-2004, 03:10 AM
Advanced

Any in dallas know a good place to do the paint protectant against acid,sun ... and do something for paint chips ...

Is it a good idea to do the paint proctect @ the dealer
Old 10-13-2004, 08:49 AM
Instructor

AndsX: The "transparent bra" is probably not something that most folks do, but if you do a lot of freeway driving, particularly if there are a lot of trucks in your area, I recommend it. I live in a seaport that's a major container port (Charleston, SC) and also a growing area with a lot of construction. The crap dropped by these trucks, and then shot at you by their tires is incredible.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:23 AM
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 61 Posts
I have seen some cars w/the clear bra on them & it looks terrible. I don't know if it is because of the type/manufacturer of the clear bra, or if it is just a common characteristic of it. The basically looked dull everywhere the bra was placed. Almost like someone took sandpaper to the paint in those areas. True, it will probably keep chips and dings away from flying debris, however is it really worth making your car look like crap just to stop a few chips???....I live in Southern California and there are a good number of trucks dropping rocks on the freeway...i simply do my best to avoid driving near them...

it's really a matter of personal preference...
Old 10-13-2004, 01:46 PM
Advanced

There isn't lot of trucks here ... so i'll ignore the bra stuff...

How about the paint protectant stuff to prevent UV, Acid from harming the paint ..

I do not want to lose the NBP shine after few years .. IS there some kinda proctectant coating which can take care of this for a long time .. apart from waxing the car once in tow months
Old 10-13-2004, 03:04 PM
Instructor

AndsX: If you want to maintain your car's finish the best thing to do is periodic waxing with a premium product like P21S or Zaino. I haven't used Zaino, but lot's of folks on this forum swear by it. I DO use P21S and I thinks it's a great product. It's also about the easiest wax to apply and remove that I've ever seen.

There's just no substitute for a little sweat now and then.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:29 PM
Racer

Skip the paint protection from the dealer.

If you read the fine print, they need to be renewed every year, usually, in order to maintain the warranty. The protection offered by those protection packages is no better than what you can get with a good quality wax or sealant. Just take care of the paint yourself, and you'll save a ton of money.

Oh yeah, and to agree with what's already been said, the paint protection from the dealer will do absolutely nothing to help rock chips. The only things that will help that are a clear bra, a regular bra, or keeping the car in the garage 24/7. Otherwise, get some touchup paint and learn how to touch up chips, or just live with them. That's about all you can do.

John
Old 10-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Advanced

Cool .. Since i live in an apt i can't to washing and waxning there .. i have to take it some good place once a week for wash and once a month for waxing ...

I got this car from dealer yesterday... Do the dealers wax the car before giving it
Old 10-14-2004, 08:14 AM
Instructor

AndsX: "Do the dealers wax..."

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Suuuure, they'll wax it - and call it a paint selant for $300.
Old 10-15-2004, 07:37 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jaobrien6
Skip the paint protection from the dealer.

If you read the fine print, they need to be renewed every year, usually, in order to maintain the warranty. The protection offered by those protection packages is no better than what you can get with a good quality wax or sealant. Just take care of the paint yourself, and you'll save a ton of money.

Oh yeah, and to agree with what's already been said, the paint protection from the dealer will do absolutely nothing to help rock chips. The only things that will help that are a clear bra, a regular bra, or keeping the car in the garage 24/7. Otherwise, get some touchup paint and learn how to touch up chips, or just live with them. That's about all you can do.

John