Am I able to use my Sandisk or Iriver MP3 player in the '06 TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 02:11 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I able to use my Sandisk or Iriver MP3 player in the '06 TSX?

New to Acura and new to this forum so bare with me if this has been answered or is just a dumb question.
I'm picking up my Black/Black tom, and although the tech is not why I'm getting the car, it is a nice bonus.

So my question is, can I use my non IPOD mp3 player in my new ride? I have seen the center consol and it has an AUX Jack (lighter hookup, i think) and another small input.

My current mp3 player has a small input that I connect to the player itself and then plug the USB portion into my computer and transfer files that way. With the hook up I see in the TSX...it doens't look like my stuff would work.

Is there a seperate wire connection that I need to buy or is that small input simply meant for IPODS?? Thus, meaning that I would have to buy a car connection kit to plug my player into the AUX jack to get my music to play??

And if this is the case...then the only way the steering mounted controls will work is with an IPOD.

Is this correct?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:40 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
The AUX jack will work with any player that has either a headphone or line-out jack. You will just need something like this:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

the AUX jack does NOT provide the ability to control any player through the stereo/steering wheel. That will be provided through the optional ipod interface.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:53 PM
8th Gear

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to pick up one of those.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Instructor

Hi,

Has any one tried using SanDisk in 05 TSX.

I don't have AUX Jack in my TSX..

Could any one pls provide me the list of things i need to buy inorder to set this up..

Thanks
mars
Old 12-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Instructor

Hi,

Could any one pls provide me the list of things i need to buy inorder to set this up..

Found an accessory at http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family

Thanks
mars
Old 12-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Instructor

Hi,

Found an accessory at http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family

but this is for e130/e140 Type Mp3 Players..!! I have an m240

Thanks
mars
Old 12-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Recovering SUV Addict...

mars...

You have 2 options.

1. The easy route...get an FM transmitter - you don't need to buy the Sandisk specific one...just any FM transmitter that has a 3.5mm jack (aka headphone), and it will work

2. You can get an adapter that goes to the back of the TSX factory system that adds aux inputs like this...
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/blitzhonauxdmxv2.html
Old 12-26-2006, 10:24 PM
in the 24th and a half...

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
I have the 4GB Sandisk (m260?) that I link with a Monster Cable connector from Best Buy. Works great...plug in the player, thread the cable up into the upper half of the center console via the hole in the front. Store the player in the console, to use, the cable will fit a cutout in the front of the console from the upper portion and sit in a cup holder.

With the Sandisk, the only annoyance is that the volume starts at 50% and you need to remember to turn it up when you fire it up...otherwise the quality is quite good on the crap standard speakers (as good as it's gonna get) with MP3's ripped at 192/cd quality.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Ronin317
mars...

You have 2 options.

1. The easy route...get an FM transmitter - you don't need to buy the Sandisk specific one...just any FM transmitter that has a 3.5mm jack (aka headphone), and it will work

2. You can get an adapter that goes to the back of the TSX factory system that adds aux inputs like this...
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/blitzhonauxdmxv2.html
Do those FM transmitter's work well in our TSX's? Does window tint effect the reception? I just got a Zune for X-Mas from my wife and was wondering how to hook it up to my '05 TSX without spending a bunch.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Littering and.....

Don't know when it comes out or if it will be compatible with Acura models, but here's something I found: http://www.imedock.com/
Old 12-27-2006, 06:35 PM
Goon!

Originally Posted by DuckDodgers
I have the 4GB Sandisk (m260?) that I link with a Monster Cable connector from Best Buy. Works great...plug in the player, thread the cable up into the upper half of the center console via the hole in the front. Store the player in the console, to use, the cable will fit a cutout in the front of the console from the upper portion and sit in a cup holder.

With the Sandisk, the only annoyance is that the volume starts at 50% and you need to remember to turn it up when you fire it up...otherwise the quality is quite good on the crap standard speakers (as good as it's gonna get) with MP3's ripped at 192/cd quality.
Are you saying that the TitsSX has crappy standard speakers?
Old 12-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Doesn't Rice His Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TodaSi
Do those FM transmitter's work well in our TSX's? Does window tint effect the reception? I just got a Zune for X-Mas from my wife and was wondering how to hook it up to my '05 TSX without spending a bunch.

I think you'll have to read the reviews on them. I'd say on average, they're decent. Every now and then you'll catch some static (depending on what you buy). I dunno if the 05 has an mp3 hookup in the console like the 06. If so, then stay with that because the sound quality will be a lot better with no static. If not, go with the FM transmitter for a cheap solution... and remember with most of those FM transmitters, you get what you pay for.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:17 PM
in the 24th and a half...

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by tits legendary
Are you saying that the TitsSX has crappy standard speakers?
Yep, they suck! They blow! They are cheap and offensive if you care about fidelity in music. Check the forums for the possible upgrade paths, mine will be upgraded at some point. For now, the sound isn't too offensive to my ears as I'm not cranking it up or playing a lot of classical music. Lets face it, your basic rock/pop/rap really doesn't deal in small nuances to a great extent.