Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alarm

i just got an 06 TSX and it doesnt beep when u unlock doors with the remote. The 04 does it for sure since my friend owns one but is there a way i can get that to happen too? I cant find my car when i go shopping. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Advanced

Haha I am looking for the same exact answer. I tried looking through the manual, but I didn't find anything on it. I need it to beep! Or else I can't find my car. =/
Old 01-23-2006, 07:35 PM
CG is the place to be...

Originally Posted by danishj
i just got an 06 TSX and it doesnt beep when u unlock doors with the remote. The 04 does it for sure since my friend owns one but is there a way i can get that to happen too? I cant find my car when i go shopping. Thanks.
it shouldn't beep when you unlock it... only when you lock it. At least the '05 does. Even so, in a parking lot the beep isn't going to do anything for you... the Panic button one the other hand will allow you to easily find you car in a parking lot.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Yui
Pro

rofl hitting panic button to find your car, that's kinda funny...
Old 01-23-2006, 07:44 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Press the lock button again within 5 seconds. Not rapidly, but pause maybe 1 second between presses. It'll beep. If not, check your manual to figure out how to turn it on. If you didn't find it the first time, check again, it's in there. I believe it's in the big section covering the MID and customizing the MID.
I'd go look it up for you, but that would require walking downstairs into the garage and getting my own manual... and I'm lazy.

*EDIT* Ooooh, beep on unlock. No, it doesn't beep. All you'll hear is the click of the doors unlocking.

I'd suggest memory training if you can't remember where you parked. I'm sorry, but using the 'panic' button to find your car in a parking lot just makes you look like an idiot.
Reminds me, I had one idiot salesman awhile ago talk about using the panic button for that purpose as if it were a feature... I just shook my head.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When you unlock, it doesnt beep. It just flashes the lights. Use the panic button to find the car if you must.

And you guys with the 05/06 are the lucky guys in my book because when you press the lock button twice, it makes the nice chirp noise unlike the noisy honk you get when I press the lock button twice on my 04 but thats not a big deal.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Sclass88
And you guys with the 05/06 are the lucky guys in my book because when you press the lock button twice, it makes the nice chirp noise unlike the noisy honk you get when I press the lock button twice on my 04 but thats not a big deal.
Yes! I love the beep...
Old 01-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Instructor

nooo

that tiny little beep i hear when i hit lock twice wouldnt even help superman's hearing find my car. malls have so many exits. im pretty sure im not the only one who cant find the car sometimes. there has to be a louder beep without hitting panic...
Old 01-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
that tiny little beep i hear when i hit lock twice wouldnt even help superman's hearing find my car. malls have so many exits. im pretty sure im not the only one who cant find the car sometimes. there has to be a louder beep without hitting panic...
:shakehead Nope, there isn't. Just learn to remember where you parked. Record it on your cell phone if you have to. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:59 AM
CG is the place to be...

Originally Posted by swirlie
I'd suggest memory training if you can't remember where you parked. I'm sorry, but using the 'panic' button to find your car in a parking lot just makes you look like an idiot.
I just suggested it... never said I used it. When I park my car, I remember where I leave it... I could understand forgetting where you parked if you drove a hyundai, but not a TSX
Old 01-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by knthornt
I just suggested it... never said I used it. When I park my car, I remember where I leave it... I could understand forgetting where you parked if you drove a hyundai, but not a TSX
werd.
i dont htink honda developers were thinking, "hey, lets make a loud beep so people can find their car".
finding a car in a parking lot isn't on their "TO DO" list. just remember where you park. or just use the panic button.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:10 AM
6MT or Death

The only issue I've had finding my TSX is a few days ago when I was in the Best Buy parking lot I walked up to a what looked like my car, but was someone's 04-05 tinted NHB TSX.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
How about you remember where you parked your cars,.........there is a thought.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Got Ramen?

Originally Posted by West6MT
How about you remember where you parked your cars,.........there is a thought.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Instructor

Im sorry dumbass, but most companies do consider making a beep so people can locate their cars. Maybe you should research the nonsense before saying it like you work in honda corporate.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Advanced

Hm..I thought most cars beep when you unlock the doors. Oh well I guess I just like to hear the car make that cool beep.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Racer

I always find my car because when I'm in a parking lot, I'm usually the only person in there with a TSX of my color. Its a beautiful thing when you're unique =D

And no, it doesnt beep when you unlock the doors, but pushing twice on the lock button makes it beep. The only thing useful about panic is when someone is about to get into the car beside yours, and you hit the panic button. They almost always jump ^___^ Just don't do it when theres an elderly couple, someone might die =/.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Got Ramen?

Im sorry dumbass, but most companies do consider making a beep so people can locate their cars. Maybe you should research the nonsense before saying it like you work in honda corporate.
tat beep isn't to locate your car, fool. it's a confirmation to let you know that your car is locked. get your facts straight next time before calling out names. why do you think you have to press it twice to hear it? and on hondas, it only functions for the lock mode only.

as for research? i don't necessarily work for honda corporate but i do work for an online automotive company (read: NON-dealership) that deals directly with all the automotive corporations and we prepare their new car data months before they're released to the public.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:12 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

If that's the case, it's news to me. I was always under the impression that the beep (on door lock) was an audible confirmation, in addition to the visual flashing of lights, that the doors were locked. This is in agreement with what the TSX manual states. Since it has no beep on unlock (none that I am aware of, at least), I can't speak for that case. But if there was a beep on unlock, I wouldn't want to be unlocking my car when it's not in plain sight.

I can see situations where remembering where you parked is more difficult. I remember my university days of multiple lots and classes all over campus, not to mention deciding to park in a different lot from the norm on a particular day. Even then, it only took a couple seconds pause to remember where I was parked. But given all that, I still think that the best solution is just to work on remembering where you parked in the first place.

I agree with spyguyTSX. I don't believe (my opinion danishj) that this "feature" is something high on Honda's list of priorities. If it was, it'd probably have been introduced already.

And now for something less "serious" and more humorous:
Originally Posted by knthornt
I know you were just suggesting it, but to which I reply: "If I drove a hyundai, I don't think I'd WANT to remember where I parked."

PS. I need to learn a few things about PWing. This could have been split into at least 5 different posts! PW-1
Old 01-25-2006, 07:55 AM
CG is the place to be...

Originally Posted by swirlie

I know you were just suggesting it, but to which I reply: "If I drove a hyundai, I don't think I'd WANT to remember where I parked."

Right... that works too. Thank you for the correction.