Ain't it a stinker...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Ain't it a stinker...

I recently had the chance to ride in a friend's 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. The car looks cheap inside considering how much he paid. Despite the apparent lack of material quality I did not notice any rattles! I could not discern even one. I cannot believe that a three year old Chevy is rattle free and my six month old Acura rattles like a child's toy.

I am not suggesting that anyone buy a Monte Carlo, but I am disappointed. This is the second time that I bought a first model year car. The first time it was a Ford. Both it and my Acura are/were good cars, but the fit and finish problems are very frustrating.

If anyone is reading this and thinking of buy a TSX or TL, please wait for the next model year. You are better off waiting. Acura refuses to accept responsiblity. They simply say, "Let the dealer handle it." If you ever have seen the movie Gung Ho with Michael Keaton, you will find Acura's statement ironic.

Regards,

Joe Kotran

P.S. It was about 30F on the way home tonight. My dashboard was creeking like my 90 year old grandmother's knees. The same creek that the dealer "could not replicate".
Old 01-06-2004, 10:31 PM
Instructor

Hey Joe...

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your TSX rattling.

I've been driving my TSX since May 2003 (14,000 kms on it) and haven't had any of the rattles that a lot of people have been experiencing.

And as far as the cold causing rattles, I'm not sure if that would be the cause...where I live (Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada), we had -47 Celcius (= F***ING COLD Farenheit) and I had no rattles at all.

Weird stuff...I wonder if it has something to do with certain build #'s or something.

Have patience!
Old 01-07-2004, 05:10 AM
Racer

Honda has released a "rattle fix" in japan. I'm sure we will get it next.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:47 PM
2004 TSX NAV 5AT MSM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I don't have a single rattle in my TSX. I got mine in April 2003. I drove my car home last night and it was under 19F here in Columbus Ohio. Still no rattles. (shrug)
Old 01-07-2004, 06:35 PM
A-TSX Driver...

Re: Ain't it a stinker...

Originally posted by jkotran
I recently had the chance to ride in a friend's 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. The car looks cheap inside considering how much he paid. Despite the apparent lack of material quality I did not notice any rattles!
Perhaps it's the rubber bands that hold the car's interior together...rubber doesn't rattle, it just goes BOING!
Old 01-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by ssm_tsx
Honda has released a "rattle fix" in japan. I'm sure we will get it next.
Really? This is good news! Do you have any details about it? I had bad windshield creaking for a while, though it seems to be getting better now that the car has some more miles on it.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:26 PM
YBA
Burning Brakes

It's -38 tonight and my car is rattle free... The only thing I hear is my tooth kncking quickly together...

Even of a 3 year old american car does not rattle, it would not be enough for me to consider an american car (or change my TSX)...

regards