age of the TSX buyer

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 10:42 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
age of the TSX buyer

Does anyone know who buys the tsx I am 48 this must be a mid-life crisis but I love this car.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:53 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: age of the TSX buyer

Well there's at least 4 more people your age that own a TSX: http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...&threadid=1448
Old 01-25-2004, 11:53 AM
The Voice of Reason

Act your age!

You should buy something that more reflects your age, maturity and station in life like a Harley-Davidson (average buyer's age 47) or a Porsche 911 (average buyer's age 52)!

Old 01-25-2004, 12:34 PM
More On

Re: Act your age!

Originally posted by bob shiftright
You should buy something that more reflects your age, maturity and station in life like a Harley-Davidson (average buyer's age 47) or a Porsche 911 (average buyer's age 52)!....
This Bob fellow sure is impressive, knows everything, doesn't he?
Too bad he doesn't know squat about politics or economics or anything like that.

Nothing personal, just thought maybe a little trash-talk might improve our viewership on those other threads.
Old 01-25-2004, 04:50 PM
The Voice of Reason

Bob is often wrong but rarely in doubt!

Ask the squirrels......

Well read, tho...

Old 01-25-2004, 05:18 PM
Cruisin' the Azine's

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...&threadid=2825
Old 02-01-2004, 10:57 AM
4th Gear

Has anyone used the VSA in their TSX, and how many people\
can ride in this car. Is it a good car to haul kids around since I
am a taxi service for games and birthday parties.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Got Milk???

this car is for passionate driving beasts, well, cant say it's as passionate as the BMW 325i, but it does rip the road a bit. The ride quality is exceptional, not too stiff (since it's got sports-tuned suspension), and not too soft. I took my tsx to the Angelina National Forest in the mountains yesterday and i was just blown away by how sticky this car grabbed the road. My opinion is, if you're purely gonna use this car for taxi'ing, I think it's a waste of money, you might as well spend less, save a couple grands and get the Accord EX 4cyl, the ride is softer, and the interior is not as refined as the TSX, but it's still very well appointed. TSX is a driver's car. Just a thought.

Kevin

satin silver metallic/ no navi / 5A
Old 02-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Racer

TSX for TAXI service?! no no no no no... bad ideal.. get a impala.. TSX too good for a TAXI.. But in Shanghai China, there is 50 brand new MB C 230 on the road for taxi'ing. BUt the rate are same compare to the other taxin'ing car.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:36 PM
Intermediate

Age of the TSX buyer

I suspect that the average age of the TSX buyer is higher than the averagae age of the people in this forum. People my age (46) are less inclined to get answers from technology or from people they don't know. In some ways, its more important who you know, not what you know.

I come here and get answers from people I don't know and have little idea as to their age, gender, background, or experience. Hey, some of the guys may even have an earring.

If you take a fifty year old guy in my firm, I suspect he would much rather get an answer from someone like him, than from someone much younger or considerably different. That's why forums like this work. You get answers from people who have experience, passion and know what they are talking about (most of the time).
Old 02-01-2004, 02:52 PM
STC
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Age of the TSX buyer

Originally posted by hjd73
I suspect that the average age of the TSX buyer is higher than the averagae age of the people in this forum. People my age (46) are less inclined to get answers from technology or from people they don't know. In some ways, its more important who you know, not what you know.

I come here and get answers from people I don't know and have little idea as to their age, gender, background, or experience. Hey, some of the guys may even have an earring.

If you take a fifty year old guy in my firm, I suspect he would much rather get an answer from someone like him, than from someone much younger or considerably different. That's why forums like this work. You get answers from people who have experience, passion and know what they are talking about (most of the time).
So in "real life" youre closed minded and wont listen to a younger, and probably smarter person than yourself?
Old 02-01-2004, 03:12 PM
Racer

terbert, I wouldn't use the TSX for taxi-ing. The passenger space is something like 93 cu ft, compared to like 105 or something like that for a 2003-2004 Accord (I recall that it varies by model). The back seat would be cramped for 2 adult males + 1 adult female, though probably fine for 3 kids or 3 females.

P.S. Don't listen to me-- I'm 22.

and probably smarter person than yourself
Now there's a great way to get someone to listen to you.
Old 02-01-2004, 04:06 PM
Intermediate

Re: Re: Age of the TSX buyer

Originally posted by STC
So in "real life" youre closed minded and wont listen to a younger, and probably smarter person than yourself?
STC

I don't think I was very clear in my post. I also think you may have read a little too much into it. If you are serious with your comment read on, if you were joking - nice shot.

If I was closed minded I would not be on this forum. I wouldn't ask questions looking for answers. I would just alk to the ACURA dealer, assuming that they are the "de jure" and "de facto" experts, beacuse they are "supposed to be".

The issue for me is finding the people with the information, who can help me with my problem in my context. Given my circumsatnces, most of the people from whom I look for advice, my wife, my kids, most of the people on this forum (excluding Larchmont of course), my staff and my coworkers are younger than me, some considerably so.

As to smarter, let's hope they are, because then I will be getting better advice.

So now, STC, what can you help me with?
Old 02-01-2004, 04:38 PM
STC
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Age of the TSX buyer

Originally posted by hjd73
STC

I don't think I was very clear in my post. I also think you may have read a little too much into it. If you are serious with your comment read on, if you were joking - nice shot.

Glad you caught that, i was messing around.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:05 PM
Intermediate

Geeeesh......all of this talk about age and what car you drive. Let me say that I'm one of the older dudes on this site and I drive an RSX Type S purely because I love fast well built cars in the 4 cyl. category. I'm also one considering a move up to a TSX simply for the room and the luxury. I think anyone of any age that is into cars will like the TSX. Please ...just because we are approaching the big 50 don't consider us out of the game of enjoying life.
Just a side note. I for one appreciate all of the knowledge you young whipper snappers have given me. I feel like I'm well equipped when it's my time to make a purchase. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:16 PM
Instructor

Re: age of the TSX buyer

Originally posted by terbert
Does anyone know who buys the tsx I am 48 this must be a mid-life crisis but I love this car.
Mid-life crisis? This is a 4-door sedan. Now, if you would have said you bought a Corvette....
Old 02-02-2004, 09:59 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think that with the TSX Acura targeted young (twenty-thirtysomething) professionals. What they got, judging by the posts on this board, was a much broader spectrum. I've seen 16-year olds to fiftysomethings. I've seen posters who bought a TSX cause they needed a beater car to posters who reached a bit beyond their means to get one. I think the one common denominator is value, bang-for-the-buck. The TSX's combination of performance with all its standard features is simply unbeateable for the price.