Old 11-03-2003, 07:32 PM
CeD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acurasucks.com -- I don't understand

Old 11-03-2003, 07:42 PM
spc
Instructor

Nothing is perfect. No matter how good it was, there always has positive and negative comments. Just take it easy.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:47 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Acurasucks.com -- I don't understand

Originally posted by brerpie
Has anyone seen this site? I don't understand their reason for being. Me and my family have owned 7 Acura's so far. We have NEVER had a problem.

I think you mean:

"My family and I have owned 7 Acuras so far"

More seriously, I think for any car company, even one as reliable as Acura, there are going to be some small percentage of people who have problems. If you look the rates in Consumer Reports, you do have between 5% to 10% of all Acura drivers who have serious problems with their cars (which is one of the best problem rates in the industry). Multiple that number times hundreds of thousands of cars, and you can expect to see some number of malcontents.

Anyway, I hope you continue to enjoy good luck with your newest Acura!
Old 11-03-2003, 08:07 PM
Cruisin'

well, just like some other forums/websites against other brands, such as u go to BMW's, you'll read alots someone own MBs, Audi, or Jag complain or say BMW suck, I would say from some car forums, there are 4 kinds of people
1. own the brand, Honda/Acura here, and like or own other brand;
2. own the brand, but dislike others;
3. own other brand, but like others and
4. own others and dislike others.
we are in a freedom world, so we can say whatever we want (of course it should be legal), so why not ignore the no.2 and 4 when u feel offensive.
again this is my thought only, and of course u can against mine
Old 11-03-2003, 08:26 PM
Bound for Europe

I believe that a reputation like Acura/Honda has makes a small minority freak out when they experience unreliabilty.

For example:
Let's take the idiotic terms like "surgical strike" and "smart bomb" that have been pounded non-stop into our ears for the past decade or so. They lull us into a belief that war can be conducted with little or no harm to the enemy's civilian population, while destroying so called military targets with precision and totallity. So when the bombs start falling, we are somehow pacified to think that only the bad guys are taking it on the chin, while the surrounding neighbors are still comfy watching Al Jazeera.

So when something goes wrong(wrong target, lots of civi casualties), the backlash is greater and more intense because what was previously advertised as "surgical","precise" and "smart", has become what it truly is - random death and destruction from above.

Although Honda never falsely boasts or propagates that they are capable of perfection and reliability for every customer, their reputation is taken too seriously by some who come to believe that they are buying a car that, within reason, never rattles, never has bugs, and never breaks down. An expectation that is impossible to live up to. They are just an unfortunate minority.

Acura/Honda rocks!!!
Old 11-03-2003, 09:42 PM
More On

Hey, y'all -- Beware of clicking stuff on that "acurasucks" site!

I looked at the site, and one of the things that I clicked gave one of those nuisance things -- endless pop-ups with obnoxious sound effects to boot.

BTW I hope nobody thinks I'm an Acura agent trying to protect the company from negative publicity.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:54 PM
Instructor

ahhhhhhh
all it is, is just pplz abusing the customer service and how they got treated....and i didnt really see anyone bad mouthing the cars???
so its sorta a good thing
or maybe i didnt read it all??
Old 11-03-2003, 10:16 PM
I am Ahab!

look at it this way. For everything and anything you like or love there are people that despise it. No biggie
Old 11-03-2003, 11:03 PM

Originally posted by larchmont
BTW I hope nobody thinks I'm an Acura agent trying to protect the company from negative publicity.
I wasn't sure until you clarified that .
Old 11-03-2003, 11:28 PM
Banned

I guess none of you guys have read the rattle Sticky up top and seen what aholes the Acura CSRs have been?
Old 11-04-2003, 01:25 AM
Racer

hahaha.... I thought I will never see sites like this to Acura. Now we have it too. :P

Check this out, the best "sucks" website ever.
http://www.myaudittsucks.com/
Old 11-04-2003, 08:00 AM
The Voice of Reason

All of 10 (TEN) states in the USA represented by complaints???

And I ABSOLUTELY LOVED this one from Yonkers, NY!!!!

"I would like to know if any acura owners have had problems with their tires and rims. My son has an acura 2002 3.2TL about a month ago he hit either a pot hole or a curb and his tire got a bubble and had to be replaced. I just recently bought a MDX (picked it up 6-12-03) and my daughter hit a pot hole, then a curb (coming from a red light), blew out two tires cracked a rim and now I'm told there is damage to the axle, frame, and whatever. I had a Ford Explorer and I could run over anything. I find this so hard to believe, 2 acura cars in 1 household with the same problem. If there is anyone else who this happened too I would like to know. I feel there could be a defect in the manufacturing."

Thank You, Maria"

ROTFLMAO ... A problem in manufacturing the Acuras or manufacturing the kids??? What did HONDA have to do with the kids? Jeez Louise, Maria, either get your kids driving lessons or write Senator Clinton and tell her to get off her soap box and fill up the New York potholes!
Old 11-04-2003, 08:39 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Re: All of 10 (TEN) states in the USA represented by complaints???

Originally posted by bob shiftright
ROTFLMAO ... A problem in manufacturing the Acuras or manufacturing the kids??? What did HONDA have to do with the kids? Jeez Louise, Maria, either get your kids driving lessons or write Senator Clinton and tell her to get off her soap box and fill up the New York potholes!

People like this make our country interesting.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:41 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Originally posted by Soze75
For example:
Let's take the idiotic terms like "surgical strike" and "smart bomb" that have been pounded non-stop into our ears for the past decade or so. They lull us into a belief that war can be conducted with little or no harm to the enemy's civilian population, while destroying so called military targets with precision and totallity. So when the bombs start falling, we are somehow pacified to think that only the bad guys are taking it on the chin, while the surrounding neighbors are still comfy watching Al Jazeera.

So when something goes wrong(wrong target, lots of civi casualties), the backlash is greater and more intense because what was previously advertised as "surgical","precise" and "smart", has become what it truly is - random death and destruction from above.
Hmm, not the most subtle shot at our military OR the first analogy that I'd think of, but I'll take it.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:56 PM
STC
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Freedom of speech my friend. Sorry to have to break it you, but not everyone will conform to your likings.

Maybe someone should make a site called www.peoplehatebrerpie.com or www.brerpiesucks.com.
Old 11-04-2003, 03:35 PM
Don't get run over!

there are so many of these negative websites for so many different things....i.e. paypalsucks.com

I guess these people are entitled to their own opinions about things.
Old 11-04-2003, 03:41 PM
Not an Ashtray

Maybe we should start an acurasucks_sucks.com!

Seriously, though, I think this site does have one point. Acura builds great cars that are reliable, but the deales to tend to be fairly arrogant. Support from Acura of America is not great either.

It isn't like dealing with Infiniti or Lexus.

I would certainly buy another Acura, but I do understand why some drivers get annoyed.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:25 PM
Racer

Hahaha.... I remember there was a complain about Mz6 on the website telling ppl not to buy Mazda. The guy told the reason.... "His new Mz6 has flat tire within the first month which has never happened to any of his cars before."

What the hell does the flat tire have anything to do with car manufacture? lol
Old 11-04-2003, 06:48 PM
Banned

Originally posted by jcg878
Hmm, not the most subtle shot at our military OR the first analogy that I'd think of, but I'll take it.
as someone who had the opportunity to shoot off multi-million dollar munitions... let me reassure you that NONE of the shit works as advertised.

in fact with the TOW missiles... they actually did not even fire about 50% of the time... you'd have to take them off the vehicle and fire them from a man-portable assembly.

just a FYI.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:54 AM
Possessed with my Schemes

Originally posted by larchmont
Hey, y'all -- Beware of clicking stuff on that "acurasucks" site!

I looked at the site, and one of the things that I clicked gave one of those nuisance things -- endless pop-ups with obnoxious sound effects to boot.
Unless your using Internet Explorer, most other modern browsers allow you to block pop-up windows. Not sure why Explorer hasn't implemented this wonderful feature yet, but I think there are programs that can add that functionality to Explorer (for a price).
Old 11-05-2003, 11:06 AM
spc
Instructor

Originally posted by Ozzman
Unless your using Internet Explorer, most other modern browsers allow you to block pop-up windows. Not sure why Explorer hasn't implemented this wonderful feature yet, but I think there are programs that can add that functionality to Explorer (for a price).
You can try Google toolbar (works nice and include search feature) for free:

http://toolbar.google.com/
Old 11-05-2003, 12:24 PM
More On

Unless your using Internet Explorer, most other modern browsers allow you to block pop-up windows......I think there are programs that can add that functionality to Explorer.....
Thanks, Ozz and SPC. You must be psychic -- yeah, we do have Explorer. We'll look into the possibilities.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

pay pal does suck.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:23 PM
More On

not!
Old 11-05-2003, 01:28 PM
such a dirty birdy

Not sure why Explorer hasn't implemented this wonderful feature yet,
It's because IE has already achieved ubiquity. MSFT has no incentive for any more improvements.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:30 PM
Advanced

The geek in me says Acura should have gone and registered the address before it got outta hand, or sued for trademark infringement.

But that would affect this site, too I guess...
Old 11-05-2003, 05:54 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by gregor
The geek in me says Acura should have gone and registered the address before it got outta hand, or sued for trademark infringement.

But that would affect this site, too I guess...
Dell has filed suits against any website with the word dell in it. I guess Acura could do the same but your right it would definately be bad news for this site
Old 11-05-2003, 05:55 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by majormojo
It's because IE has already achieved ubiquity. MSFT has no incentive for any more improvements.

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...&threadid=2417
Old 11-11-2003, 11:26 AM
such a dirty birdy

So now MSFT says they will add pop-up blocking after all. Read all about it. Next thing you know they will "innovate" with tabbed browsing. -snore-
Old 11-11-2003, 12:21 PM

acurasucks.com is a funny site...i like the picture of the guys with the signs outside the dealership...reminded me of these
:whocares: :noob: :piitb2:
Old 11-11-2003, 08:30 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
For current Acura owners and future customers I would be worried not because this type of Acura dealers exist but because Acura company has not steped in to resolved these issues to customer satisfaction. Acura should step in and shut these dealers down.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:30 PM
spc
Instructor

Originally posted by driver
For current Acura owners and future customers I would be worried not because this type of Acura dealers exist but because Acura company has not steped in to resolved these issues to customer satisfaction. Acura should step in and shut these dealers down.
Agree Acura needs to do something about the bad dealership. Maybe open up a new one not too far away to build up competition.