Acura Sales down, what do you think? (Opinions From the TSX camp)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 06:20 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Acura Sales down, what do you think? (Opinions From the TSX camp)

I'm not sure if any of you visit the TOV forum or read the autosections of USAtoday.com, etc.

Recently an article was published stating that Acura sales are in a slump or sagging compared to years past or compard to other Luxo-marques.

Does this make sense?

The TL seams to be selling well, I see many Type-S and 3.2TL's in my area. I've seen TSX's start to show up. I can't ever recall seeing a 4-door teg much in the old days.

MDX sales are still going well. NSX sales? Does anyone care? If you want one I'm sure Honda will build one right up for you? Kinda out of my range now, but that's beside the point.

Aside from the CL, I can't recall any real duds in the Acura line-up, well maybe the RL, but hopefully a newer model will help that too.

Anyway my point is, many feel Acura needs more SUV power houses to be a real contender in the entry level Luxo-market. Do you thing Acura needs more SUV's? Do you think their current offerings fall short of it's compotetion? Should Acura have a rebadge body on frame Lexus GX/ 4runner figher from a fellow mfg. like GM or Ford? I say this b/c Body on frame isn't going to come from Honda in less then 5 years time, if ever.

I think Acura is were it needs to be, and is growing market share just fine? Any dealer's here in the forum? Are sales hurting for Acura? Is it in danger of needing incetives soon to intice buyers?

Let's see were this topic goes, I'm sure Larchmont has spin on this.
Old 10-19-2003, 06:59 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I read that article and didn't think much of it. The MDX, TSX, and RSX are all selling well. The TL, which was the "bread and butter" sedan of the fleet, was not selling well because it was a year before redesign. The RL also is badly in need or redesign.

Next year, at this time, TL, TSX, RSX, and MDX will all be selling well. The new RL will be out, and getting lots of attention. And, the rummored RDX (new SUV based on the CRV) should hit town. Acura's situation is not bad at all.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:15 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Larch is right, a bit of a slowdown with the TL because of a new model year is nothing to worry about. My Honda stock continues to do very well, and has so far not been influenced by a worrisome article. Unless the new TL has some significant design flaws that I don't know about, I expect next year to be a banner Honda/Acura year.