Acura Customer Appreciation Event: Free Inspection?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Acura Customer Appreciation Event: Free Inspection?

I got an e-mail from OwnerLine with this included:
The ultimate tune-up: The Acura Customer Appreciation Event
Adventure is in the air, but before you embark on your journey, make the Acura Customer Appreciation Event your first stop. Your TSX is cordially invited to undergo a complimentary 45-point inspection of its engine, brakes, drivetrain, suspension and steering components. It’s the ideal way to ensure your vehicle is road-trip ready and running at its best. See your local dealer for details.
This is a "heads up" if anyone is intersted.

Anybody have this done? What are the 45-points?

My car is being serviced today (moisture in headlight product update), when I dropped it off last night I asked for this complimentary inspection and the service adviser told me that they "didn't have that one but they have their own". Hey, its free so I didn't question it, but now I'm wondering about it.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
I hope they do mine for me. I have to get my wheels balanced and get an alignment.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Sounds like a way to introduce their maintenance services to you, like Jiffy-lube does.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Maybe I can drive the remaining 2000 miles (to get to 40k) by the end of the month so I can take it in for my next service and get the free inspection and the headlight thing done all at once. Hmm, I need a long road trip
Old 04-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you read between the lines, it's a way for them to drum up business. you take it in for a "free" inspection. then they let you know what needs to be replaced and how much they'll do it for.

Also you have the trust the dealership to actually do the inspection. on a local board one of the guys that works at a honda dealership said that the mechanics would only check that the reverse gear works to take the car off of the rack. but I doubt they're all that bad.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,858 Likes on 2,579 Posts
to bad my car doesnt pass if i take it to the dealer.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess it's different by region, cuz I got that email 2 weeks ago.

This past Sat was the last day for the free inspection.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by taz98spin
I guess it's different by region, cuz I got that email 2 weeks ago.

This past Sat was the last day for the free inspection.
Geez, I haven't even received the email yet, as far as I can remember. Oh well, no biggie. What I'm a little concerned about is that I haven't received a letter for the headlights yet, and I'd like to get that taken care of at my next service.

As for the inspection, I really just wanted it in case anything is not quite right so it gets taken care of before my warranty runs out. However, I do have an extra year with the CPO warranty which is nice.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Instructor

Got this in email today:

"RENEW YOUR PASSION FOR DRIVING.
The ultimate tune-up: The Acura Customer Appreciation Event
Adventure is in the air, but before you embark on your journey, make the Acura Customer Appreciation Event your first stop. Your TSX is cordially invited to undergo a complimentary 45-point inspection of its engine, brakes, drivetrain, suspension and steering components. It’s the ideal way to ensure your vehicle is road-trip ready and running at its best. See your local dealer for details.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by gftgrill
if you read between the lines, it's a way for them to drum up business. you take it in for a "free" inspection. then they let you know what needs to be replaced and how much they'll do it for.

Also you have the trust the dealership to actually do the inspection. on a local board one of the guys that works at a honda dealership said that the mechanics would only check that the reverse gear works to take the car off of the rack. but I doubt they're all that bad.
Dont agree totally, they said everything was fine with my baby on the 45 point inspection.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Advanced

My headlight recall and dealer flyer offering 'free 45 point inspection and a complimentary free oil change in the future' arrived @ the same time. This morning they did the clips, the inspection and a wash and vacuum in sixty minutes flat. Duhh. Left the checklist in the car-do they bother taking the wheels off for this? Doubt it but who knows.

Gave me the paper work, said everything checked out fine, good to go. I said, isn't there something on there about a free oil change? Claimed he had no idea, but it was written right on the mailer. Took it somewhere, brought it back stamped and said 'you got it.' So it was good for something.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by parag_a2z
Dont agree totally, they said everything was fine with my baby on the 45 point inspection.
Did they give you a printout (a checklist?) of what they checked?
Old 04-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
Geez, I haven't even received the email yet, as far as I can remember. Oh well, no biggie. What I'm a little concerned about is that I haven't received a letter for the headlights yet, and I'd like to get that taken care of at my next service.
Next time you go in for service, ask them to sign you up. I was already signed up
with Owner Link, but the service person asked if I wanted to be signed up, so I signed up again, just in case.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by taz98spin
Next time you go in for service, ask them to sign you up. I was already signed up
with Owner Link, but the service person asked if I wanted to be signed up, so I signed up again, just in case.
You can register right there on the acura.com website.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by jlukja
You can register right there on the acura.com website.
Yup, did that a while ago. It's weird, because I get coupons from my dealer, so I'd think Acura would have me in their database for recalls and such, but I have not received anything about the free inspection or the headlight thing. Last I checked (maybe a week ago) there was nothing listed under the harness recall for the headlights in my owner link.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jlukja
Did they give you a printout (a checklist?) of what they checked?
yes they did and i donw knw where i kept it, but a few things,
Timing chain, battery condition, tyre treads and pressure, fluid levels, fluid conditions, engine RPM, rust and paint check.....etc....etc
Old 04-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
Yup, did that a while ago. It's weird, because I get coupons from my dealer, so I'd think Acura would have me in their database for recalls and such, but I have not received anything about the free inspection or the headlight thing. Last I checked (maybe a week ago) there was nothing listed under the harness recall for the headlights in my owner link.
Have you noticed any condensation in your headlights? I wouldn't worry too much about it if you haven't. Just mention it to them next time you take it in. The TSB for it says that all affected vehicles will be notified but there are 3 ways to determine elegibility, one way is by VIN status inquiry.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by parag_a2z
yes they did and i donw knw where i kept it, but a few things,
Timing chain, battery condition, tyre treads and pressure, fluid levels, fluid conditions, engine RPM, rust and paint check.....etc....etc
Cool, not bad for a freebie.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Advanced

I got a card in the mail and took it in this past Monday. Not sure what they checked, but they said everything was fine.