Acura is the best

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda is trying to attract some of the business that might end up in a BMW or Audi showroom, but not by being another BMW or Audi, but by being an Acura...and that is truly good, or should I say excellent, enough for me!!
Lexus and Infiniti are attracting BMW and Benz buyers. Most people that buy Acuras buy em cause of previous ownership of a Honda/Acura or they are cheaper.

I still can't see why critics call the TSX "bland". To me, it's one of the better looking Japanese cars
Besides the NSX and S2000, every Honda/Acura is bland. WHy? Corporate powers DICTATE they stay bland and that all HONDAs and Acuras look alike.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:00 PM
Intermediate

Thank you, Lorne, for your comments. You just wrote what I attempted to write but I just didn't have the skills to do so!
I'm with you.
(let's not mention that besides BMW and Mercedes having all that reputation of luxury car makers in the US, they are used as taxi cabs in Europe and are offered with cloth seats and manual windows as well. Oh, what happened to the crappy A-Class? Why doesn't Mercedes bring it overhere? And why is the Mercedes Sprinter Van sold in the US as a Dodge Sprinter? Is it because they were rated as third-world transportation vehicles by a Brit magazine?)
Old 08-07-2003, 12:13 AM
Acura Fan

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Lexus and Infiniti are attracting BMW and Benz buyers. Most people that buy Acuras buy em cause of previous ownership of a Honda/Acura or they are cheaper.

Besides the NSX and S2000, every Honda/Acura is bland. WHy? Corporate powers DICTATE they stay bland and that all HONDAs and Acuras look alike.
Other than the front grill, what other Acura "look" like the TSX in any ways?

I don't think the Civic looks anything like the Accord either.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:40 AM
has been here awhile

Originally posted by jt5905
Other than the front grill, what other Acura "look" like the TSX in any ways?

I don't think the Civic looks anything like the Accord either.
The 2004 TL looks A LOT like the TSX--not sure if the car counts though. The RSX has a close tail-end resemblance to the TSX.

SPUDMTN
Old 08-07-2003, 12:46 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Take another look at the photo on this bulletin board's home page. The TSX's exterior styling is not bland, it's brilliant.
Honda builds cars to last at least 10 years, and they do us the favor of using understated, classic styling so that we can actually stand to own the car that long.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:07 AM
Racer

Originally posted by Iceman
Take another look at the photo on this bulletin board's home page. The TSX's exterior styling is not bland, it's brilliant.
Honda builds cars to last at least 10 years, and they do us the favor of using understated, classic styling so that we can actually stand to own the car that long.
But most people don't own the car for 10 years. 50% (complete guess) more or less would prolly like the car to look good for about 3-5 years then change the car.

So Acura loses yet gains people with their styling.
Old 08-07-2003, 02:21 AM
Instructor

Can BMW and Mercedes make 4 and 6-cylinder powerplants that are just as powerful and technologically advanced as Honda/Acuras?
This is ridiculous. BMW wins engine of the year awards every year for its 6-cylinders. Until the 1 comes out, no 4 bangers in North America.

Sure, I undestand your opinion. And by saying you like "European cars" you probably mean "German cars", right? Keep in mind the outdated Lada cars from Russia, the nearly bankrupt Fiat, added by Peugeot, Vauxhall, Rover-MG, Renault, CitroE, Opel, Seat, Moskvich, Skoda, etc. are all European manufacturers as well, and they are just as bland as the Japanese but of much inferior quality.
Every place has to have their Chevys and Fords. However, I still think the Euro makers offer better-looking cars at competitive pricing. And their are plenty of good looking "bland" Euro autos as well. The Peugeot 206 is hot, the Rover 75 is really classy, MG has some sexy, passionate cars that if sold in the U.S. would sell like hotcakes (www.mg-rover.com), Vauxhall's Astra and Vectra are nice econo-cars, etc., etc.

just think Americans are too materialistic and most of them buy expensive cars just for looks. It even seems like they all wish they were Germans (hehe). Well, my girlfriend is japanese and I love the japanese culture. And you have to understand their culture to understand why their cars have sort of cleaner looks.
And so it seems you fall into the same trap with Japanese cars. And please tell me what about Japanese culture makes them want cleaner looks??? I would like to know.

I know I'd be wasting time by talking about Formula 1 racing in a country where the only racing competition people know of is Nascar
Not quite. There you go stereotyping again. You must be living in the South during your exchange stay. All I have to say is if the 206 was sold here, I'd buy it and Montoya/Williams BMW are going to shock the world.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:04 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by MotownTSX
This is ridiculous. BMW wins engine of the year awards every year for its 6-cylinders. Until the 1 comes out, no 4 bangers in North America.
What's ridiculous? BMW makes great engines but I just think Honda offers more power out of 4 and 6-cyl engines with excellent gas mileage and reliability. I'm glad many Americans love German cars. We have already lost market share in Latin America, Australia, China and Europe. The German automakers have held a pretty strong share of the American market, which is great, so we can continue to make great cars and just dump them in the US market.

Every place has to have their Chevys and Fords. However, I still think the Euro makers offer better-looking cars at competitive pricing. And their are plenty of good looking "bland" Euro autos as well. The Peugeot 206 is hot, the Rover 75 is really classy, MG has some sexy, passionate cars that if sold in the U.S. would sell like hotcakes (www.mg-rover.com), Vauxhall's Astra and Vectra are nice econo-cars, etc., etc.
Uh, you definitely sound like a different kind of American. A Peugeot 206? I was just surprised that you chose a car that's actually smaller than a Cadillac DeVille... (just kidding). Well, what I meant about those brands is that although they make great cars, they are not at the level of the German automakers that sell their cars overhere. Many people here in this country think all we have in Europe are BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, VW and Audi. And that's not true. Yes, the 206 is a great little car, but definitely not suited for the American market. And you better enjoy that Rover 75 while they last because in a matter of 5 years from now the company might cease to exist... Well, if you don't think the Japanese make great looking cars as well, go to www.toyota.de , www.honda.de , www.nissan.co.jp .

The japanese are all about the Zen culture. There have been many research done in Japan that prove they like the cleaner looks in their car. In fact, the Toyotas sold in the US are pretty crappy. Of course, they are made to compete with your American-made junk such as GM and Ford (how can someone buy a Mercury!?!?) But the European Toyota have only gained market share with its gorgeous looking Yaris, the beautifully designed Corolla (by the way, the American Corolla sucks in style) and the Avensis. Same with Honda, with the Accord, Jazz, etc.)

Oh, come on, man! You're gonna tell me Americans like FORMULA 1? Bullshit. Nascar, nascar, nascar... There are exceptions, like you and maybe others in this Forum. But go talk to most Americans out there about Formula 1... (they'd go like: duh, I is a big fan of football, and I ain't watchin' that damn Formula 1 shit. Europe, where the hell is Europe? Is it near Mexico or something?)
Old 08-07-2003, 12:14 PM
Intermediate

All I know is that the new Japanese cars have been a great success in Europe. In terms of quality, 3 Lexus and 2 Toyotas were ranked among the top 6 cars out of 300 different cars from various automakers sold in Europe. Hondas and Nissans also ranked pretty well. In fact, the ranking was realized by JD Powers and Associates. What about Car and Driver's 10 Best? That proves even Americans love Japanese cars. In fact, why is the Camry and Accord the best selling sedans and Not the Buick Century or the Chevy Malibu?
Old 08-07-2003, 12:26 PM
Intermediate

Vauxhall's Astra and Vectra are nice econo-cars, etc., etc.
Ha! Did you say Opel/Vauxhall Astra and Vectra are NICE ECONO-CARS?
Well, maybe for American standards. They are not even considered econo-cars to begin with. The Vectra competes with the Toyota Avensis, Accord, Passat, Mondeo and Laguna, which are all considered mid-to-large family cars in Europe (even though they may be rated as compact in your country). The "nice econo-car" Vectra loses in virtually every aspect to its competitors. Better start reading the British magazines "Car" and "BBC", man (they are written in English and are available in your country). Well, now the Astra... I know that car pretty well. I've never owned one but there are about 8 relatives in my family who drive them including my sister. I KNOW those cars aren't good. The only advatange they have over Golf, Corolla and Focus is price.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:57 PM

Other than the front grill, what other Acura "look" like the TSX in any ways
The TSX is the new styling direction for Acura which "THEY" think is sporty and stunning and (jeez read EVERY car magazine) the rest of the world thinks is bland.

But, that is your opinion and you must feel it is not bland cause u bought it, which is fine.

It's simple. And I DON'T KNOW WHY Japanese cars WANT to look alike. BMW and Benz have been doing (and still doing) that crap for years. Japanese cars are supposed to look different to me.
Yes, the TSX is definitely a sweet ride. I'll admit it ain't no M5, but for the money, it will give you plenty of satisfaction and peace of mind
Statement of the year.