Accidents

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 03:58 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accidents

This got me thinking today since I was involved in an accident.

Say you've had your TSX for like a week and you get rear ended.

Would you:

a) Drag the person out of their car and beat the living piss out of them. Meanwhile your thinking about how long you've owned the car, the monthly payments and most importantly, your insurance. While you think of each one, you hit harder and harder.

b) Be Mister Nice Guy, and check to see if everybody is alright and that shit. Have the attitude " It's only a car ".

It wasn't be driving and it wasn't an TSX, but this got me thinking.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:32 AM
Advanced

if i got reared on any brand new car, of course anyone would be unhappy, but of course you gotta stay under composure and see everything out with a cool head, shit happens even tho you don't want it to, but sometimes its things we can't control... let the insurance handle it is the best idea, but i mean anyone would be damn mad because once a car gets bapped, it can never really be the same anymore regardless.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:30 AM
Advanced

I can answer this from experience, although I did not have a TSX.

I had a 2000 Accord V6 EX Emerald Green/Ivory interior with 18" Racing Hart C2s, Stock OEM Kit, Neuspeed Sport Springs and Tokico Illumina Gas Shocks. A little 16 year old in a 89 Mustang pulled out in front of me and I slammed into his rear end. I got out and I was HEATED but I realized that the most important thing is that everyone is ok. He had a girl in the backseat that had to get stitches on the side of her head, but other than that everyone was ok. I'm actually having a little bit of back and neck problems but i'm getting therapy so I should be ok. Anyways, It's very hard to keep your composure, but seeing someone crying and bleeding makes you forget about the "car" hope that all is well.

After you find out that everyone is ok, that is when the anger builds in. Trust me. But all good things come out of bad ones. I just purchsaed my 2003 Accord V6 6 Speed yesterday. It'll never be the same as my old car, as that one was my first Honda and i'll always remember it, but I 'm sure it can make it's way into my heart (ok, that sounds gay but so what!
Old 09-07-2003, 12:57 PM
Integral & Acurate TSXer

The second day i had my TSX, i was parked in a lot and when i returned from lunch i had about a 2" scratch on my back bumper.... I waited 3 hours for the driver of the car beside mine (with a lovely satin silver metallic smuge on its front bumper) to come back... I had my camera in my car, took a few snaps before she got back... And told her she had to repaint my bumper.

A week later, after a few phone calls, i had $400 cash from her in my pocket... Not bad for a 3 hour wait.

J.
Old 09-07-2003, 02:49 PM
Banned

PEOPLE: BUY A DISPOSABLE CAMERA AND KEEP IT IN YOUR CAR. THIS IS A GODSEND IN THE CASE OF AN ACCIDENT.
Old 09-07-2003, 03:01 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by Crazytree
PEOPLE: BUY A DISPOSABLE CAMERA AND KEEP IT IN YOUR CAR. THIS IS A GODSEND IN THE CASE OF AN ACCIDENT.
Ditto
Old 09-07-2003, 03:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Amen! The single-use camera would fit very nicely into one of the cubby/stash compartments! What do you call those?

THE sharpest single-use camera is the Kodak Max HQ. Wally-Mart has them for about US$7.50.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:18 PM
Possessed with my Schemes

I had my good friend wreck my 1 month old 2000 Integra GSR. We traded cars for one night and he got into an accident while I was on the phone with him. 18.5k dollars later (car was totalled) I got a nice insurance check and we are still friends. Lesson learned though, don't let anyone else drive your car unless its absolutely necessary.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Cruisin'

Bowersan,

You have a lot of patience.

I don't. I would have kicked his doors in and drove off. Even.
Old 09-07-2003, 06:42 PM
ySL
Advanced

Originally posted by bowersan
I waited 3 hours for the driver of the car beside mine (with a lovely satin silver metallic smuge on its front bumper) to come back... I had my camera in my car, took a few snaps before she got back... And told her she had to repaint my bumper.

A week later, after a few phone calls, i had $400 cash from her in my pocket... Not bad for a 3 hour wait.
LOL...she must've been a rich bitch...if she wasn't, then I feel bad that you had to pull that shit on her over a little scratch.
Old 09-07-2003, 07:30 PM
'12 TL (prev '04 TSX 6MT)

Good idea. Any idea what the shelf-life of a disposable camera is if it's stored in a hot car? (I'd probably keep it in the trunk.) Would the film be ok?
Old 09-07-2003, 08:02 PM
Bound for Europe

This is a great idea indeed. Just make sure to save it for an accident. I've gone through about twelve of them in two months because whenever me and Angelina pull into a parking lot in Cambodia, throngs of people appear, all wanting a picture of them standing with Angelina and the TSX. The damn papparazzi, with their vast arsenal of film, have never offered to help me out either!
Old 09-07-2003, 08:58 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Count Blah
Good idea. Any idea what the shelf-life of a disposable camera is if it's stored in a hot car? (I'd probably keep it in the trunk.) Would the film be ok?
I had one for about a year in my old truck and I finally used it to take pics to list my truck in the auto trader. They turned out fine... except that they need to invent some kind of contraption that keeps my finger out of the pictures...