4K miles with my 06 and the front ride tire is GONE

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
I'm glad things worked out so well for you! I'm ashamed to admit it, but I doubt our service department would have done it.

However, on the sales side, I think we're pretty good. I have a customer who took delivery of a car, had the windows tinted, and then complaind to us that there are scratches on the glass.... I don't know about you, but it sounds like it's no longer our responsability?! We did offer to change the rear glass if she wants to. ?????
Old 02-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Canuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
I'm glad things worked out so well for you! I'm ashamed to admit it, but I doubt our service department would have done it.

However, on the sales side, I think we're pretty good. I have a customer who took delivery of a car, had the windows tinted, and then complaind to us that there are scratches on the glass.... I don't know about you, but it sounds like it's no longer our responsability?! We did offer to change the rear glass if she wants to. ?????
the scratches come fromt he inside molding at the bottom of the window that sadwiches the glass. On the outside, it's felt (moleskin) but ion the inside it's rubber. Most pro tint shops know this and replace the rubber with moleskin to stop scratches from appearing.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:26 PM
6MT or Death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin

I don't think it's your responsibility, but if do thinkif it's known problem that it'd be nice if you told the consumer. It's not required by law of course, but it's good business for you if the buyer likes the car AFTER he/she's bought it. I'm sure it was a nasty surprise for the customer. That was nice of you to offer some kind of good faith deal.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Narci, The scratches are on the inside of the rear hatch glass, not a rolling window.

Dj, Funny thing is that when the lot attendents brought the car around for the customer, the rear glass hadn't been cleaned and was kind of 'foggy" I took the car around back and cleaned the glass myself! I know there were no razors used to clean it because I picked up the microfiber cloth and did it myself! . As far as I remember, there were no scratches on it when it left.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow! That tire ... glad you are ok though. That could've been really hazardous if you were going highway speed. Glad you are ok. Hope everything works out!