3M Clear Bra installation?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3M Clear Bra installation?

Hey guys,

I had to drive on 95 S into work instead of taking the train and since they are tearing it up in certain parts to surface it, i ended up getting 5 chips in my only 3000 miles new 06 ASM TSX. I have the paint pen and plan on slowly applying a few coats with a toothpick until the paint is the same level, using some scratchX or another polisher to level it off and was then thinking about getting the clear bra. I want to just buy it from Rockblocker and install it myself (i would get just the hood, fender, mirror kit because the bumper is plastic and rusting is not a concern) but wanted to know your thoughts on how hard the install is. I am very handy and pretty good at most things but i am a little anal when it comes to my car. I also can't find a real local install in my area (zip code 19030) and was hoping it wouldn't be to hard as a DIY. So just looking for some feeback as to how hard it is and whats involved. Thanks in advance

EDIT: Also just thought about getting the nosemask and put it on when having to travel on the highway, but i heard it a PITA to take on and off.....anyone comment on this as well?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's really hard. I did it, and only paid $75 for the kit, so if you can do it, you can save some $$, but I dunno if I'd recommend it. It is really tough. I spent about 5 hours total, and, like you, decided not to bother with the bumper. (Not just because of the lack of rust worry, but also because it's a bit harder to do.) In the end, it didn't come out perfect; anyone wanting a flawless job should pay for someone who knows what they're doing. It turned out good enough for me, though. Just don't look too closely.

The nosemasks in my prior cars weren't hard to take on and off... they were hard to clean, and when dirt gets under there, it'll make scratches. If you leave it on too long when it gets damp, it can mess up the paint. Oh, if only it were the pain of taking on and off....