3M Clear Bra.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3M Clear Bra.

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone who put the XPEL 3M Clear bra film on their fog lights were having any issues with the film burning? I know that I've posted this question before, but I just wanted to get some updates. Also, has anyone had any fog light lens cracks with the 3M clear bra film on the lens?

Thanks!
Old 12-31-2008, 08:48 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JLTSX07
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone who put the XPEL 3M Clear bra film on their fog lights were having any issues with the film burning? I know that I've posted this question before, but I just wanted to get some updates. Also, has anyone had any fog light lens cracks with the 3M clear bra film on the lens?

Thanks!
I put clearbra 3M on fog lights. I don't use the fog lights all the time, only when the weather is bad with PIAA yellow bulbs. No burning yet.

Also the film was applied when I got my car. The lens is crack free after 2 years, and I got rocks and crap thrown at by stupid dumptrucks on the crappy pothole freeways.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Burning Brakes

A fellow TSX owner and board member gave me a couple of foglight film covers that he had left over extra from a tint order, and I put them on my fogs. They looked good, but after a few months, they were kind of burnt, and worst yet, one of the lens cracked. So, it really didn't do the job of protection that I was hoping for -- although, I suppose one could argue that it could have been worse without the tint! I don't recall what brand it was. But now I'm not too excited about tint on lenses that get hot. They looked great for a while, though!

The clear bra on my hood, however, is doing fine. Different source.

I tend to use my fogs a lot as driving lights.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:03 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
i believe if you use OEM fog bulbs for too long it can heat and burn the film since incandescents heat up more than HID's. i still have my OEM fog bulbs and also with a 3M clear bra over it. i only use it while my car is in motion just to keep the film from burning up.

someone please correct me on my statement (if im wrong) about HID fog bulbs and how they don't emit much heat
Old 01-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Site Lurker, Rare poster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
i believe if you use OEM fog bulbs for too long it can heat and burn the film since incandescents heat up more than HID's. i still have my OEM fog bulbs and also with a 3M clear bra over it. i only use it while my car is in motion just to keep the film from burning up.

someone please correct me on my statement (if im wrong) about HID fog bulbs and how they don't emit much heat
You're right because HID bulbs burn cooler because they drain less power, usually around 35 watts. I think it would depend on what kinda quality you're using for the cover/bra since the fogs do get hot but good quality shouldn't burn/melt unless you have your fogs on for a really long time. YAY, first real post here lol