2006 TSX navi disc info. Not good news.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Persuit of twin turbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beoshingus
Let's clarify. There is a 2006 update for the Orange disk. This will work in your '04 or '05, and you can purchase it from the website for $185.

There is a different version of the software for the 2006 TSX. This is the White disk, and is not to be confused with the 2006 Orange disk update.

Orange disk uses an entirely different processor platform than White disk, and therefore they are not interchangeable.
Is there a way to update/modify our navi in 2004 and 2005 in order to accept and utilize this disc?

What is the main difference in the white and orange discs then when it comes dow to information provided?
Old 04-18-2006, 01:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RyanDe680
Is there a way to update/modify our navi in 2004 and 2005 in order to accept and utilize this disc?

What is the main difference in the white and orange discs then when it comes dow to information provided?
1) yes, take out the 2004 rear unit for 2006 one.
2) Updated info ever tried something like "MS Encarta" ? Just imagine a new version of it.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:08 AM
Persuit of twin turbo

Originally Posted by fuckleberry
1) yes, take out the 2004 rear unit for 2006 one.
2) Updated info ever tried something like "MS Encarta" ? Just imagine a new version of it.
1) So then it would be a swap issue?

2) I know it's updated stuff, I just didn't know if the disc contained a newer format that was visually different on the screen than the orange disc
Old 04-18-2006, 08:19 AM
Overlord

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Think of it like this:

The 2004-2005 model used a Mac running OSX to run the navi system.
The 2006 model uses a PC running WindowsXP to run the navi system.
(Obviously this is just an analogy)

Therefore, you cannot take the disk from one and run it in the other. But if you replaced the disk AND the computer hardware at the same time, it would work.

As for the difference? The white disk has the same basic interface, just with a little nicer "skinning." However (and this is most irritating to orange disk owners), the white disk actually contains much more comprehensive map coverage. Look at the website and compare the coverage for the white disk for your state to the coverage for the orange disk. What's really frustrating about this is that they obviously HAVE the accurate verified map info on the white disk - why don't they provide the same level of coverage on the orange disk? We paid for an upgradable navi system: why won't they provide us the updates that they already have?
Old 04-18-2006, 12:21 PM
Banned

What's really frustrating about this is that they obviously HAVE the accurate verified map info on the white disk - why don't they provide the same level of coverage on the orange disk? We paid for an upgradable navi system: why won't they provide us the updates that they already have?
you mean the lastest update for orange-disk (04. 05) systems does NOT contain same level of coverage or map info as the white disk ?
Old 04-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Overlord

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fuckleberry
you mean the lastest update for orange-disk (04. 05) systems does NOT contain same level of coverage or map info as the white disk ?
That is EXACTLY what I mean. And I think it sucks Wookiee.

Go look at the coverage for each of them on the website. Whereas the orange disk lists several dozen verified cities in my state, the white disk lists several HUNDRED verified cities in my state.

Obviously Navteq has the map data - why aren't they including that map data on orange disk updates?

If I knew who to complain to, I would do so loudly. All '04-'05 TSX navi owners should be griping about this.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:07 AM
Racer

That is EXACTLY what I mean. And I think it sucks Wookiee.

Go look at the coverage for each of them on the website. Whereas the orange disk lists several dozen verified cities in my state, the white disk lists several HUNDRED verified cities in my state.

Obviously Navteq has the map data - why aren't they including that map data on orange disk updates?

If I knew who to complain to, I would do so loudly. All '04-'05 TSX navi owners should be griping about this.
Have you provided map feedback at the following link?

http://www.navteq.com/updates/mapfeedback.html