2006 TSX or 2006 Accord EX four-cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005 | 09:19 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Edit: The above Accord info is from MotorTrend, and MotorTrend got better times for the TSX. 7.9 seconds or so. Still, there is hardly any difference.
Old 09-20-2005 | 11:07 PM
Drifting

you get what you pay for.
Old 09-20-2005 | 11:28 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

That's it? Sorry I had to prove you were just biased, but I can't see pushing someone towards a car that costs $5000 more for options they explicitly said they don't need. I personally enjoy the TSX's features and would take it over an Accord, but this thread wasn't about me.
Old 09-21-2005 | 12:12 AM
Drifting

man...

an accord is just as good of a car as a tsx.

the differences in suspension settings, sprint times, mechanics, etc., for my purposes (and may also align with yours), are negligible.

i was also looking at the accord, but to me, the styling wasn't for me. so i just took the tsx.

you made a wise choice dude. it's just a car. either one will be fun...
Old 09-21-2005 | 12:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Mitlov,

Sounds like you've made your decision, but one more thing I'd like to mention going back to your initial post. With respect to the handling issue, the Accord can be upgraded with the same exact suspension components as the TSX. Aftermarket springs and shocks are interchangeable btw the two. If you really want handling, add something like a Tein SS coilover suspension to the car and it will handle pretty much as well as a TSX w/ the same exact coilover suspension.

If coilovers sounds too extreme, you can buy someone's used TSX suspension and rims/tires and have nearly identical handling as in the TSX. Might even be a tad better due to the slightly lighter weight of the Accord. I've seen people selling their complete stock TSX suspension for about $100 and practically new TSX rims/tires for under $400.
Old 09-21-2005 | 12:37 AM
No-navi, yo

Originally Posted by Mitlov

If it were just down to this, it would be a coin's flip between the TSX and the Accord i4 for me. HOWEVER, configured as I would like, the Accord costs nearly $5000 less (according to MSRP), and would save me nearly 20% in fuel costs. At this point in my life, I just can't ignore an economic advantage that big when the rest of the factors I'm considering rate the cars nearly equally.
I agree with your logic, and happy for your decision. But by all means, please cross-shop when you are ready to buy. My stereotype impression is, one has to pay the MSRP for accord, but only the invoice for a TSX. Good luck.
Old 09-21-2005 | 12:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BusyShifter
My stereotype impression is, one has to pay the MSRP for accord, but only the invoice for a TSX. Good luck.
THe opposite is actually closer to reality. In my area (Southern California) you can pretty much buy ANY Accord (except maybe the hybrid) for invoice price or less. Accords are so plentiful and common, the prices are always super low and Honda dealers will deal.

TSXs on the other hand, tend to cost more than invoice. In fact, I've yet to see anyone buy a brand new, current years TSX at or below invoice. TSXs are much more plentiful now that Honda has increased production so their prices tend to hover closer to invoice.

But Accords can still be bought for much cheaper. This is why from a value perspective, the Accord is an even greater value. The MSRP difference of $4,500 may actually equate to a difference of $5,000 - $6,000 when you factor in the ease that one can purchase the Accord at or below invoice.
Old 09-21-2005 | 12:55 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Mitlov,

Sounds like you've made your decision, but one more thing I'd like to mention going back to your initial post. With respect to the handling issue, the Accord can be upgraded with the same exact suspension components as the TSX. Aftermarket springs and shocks are interchangeable btw the two. If you really want handling, add something like a Tein SS coilover suspension to the car and it will handle pretty much as well as a TSX w/ the same exact coilover suspension.

If coilovers sounds too extreme, you can buy someone's used TSX suspension and rims/tires and have nearly identical handling as in the TSX. Might even be a tad better due to the slightly lighter weight of the Accord. I've seen people selling their complete stock TSX suspension for about $100 and practically new TSX rims/tires for under $400.
Awesome. Now this answers something I had been wondering about.

By the way, what are "coilovers"? I'm not terribly familiar with mechanical details.

And by the way, do you know, if I got this work done by an authorized Honda dealer, would it void the warranty? Or can you upgrade these pieces without damaging your overall warranty? An upgrade to TSX suspension pieces sounds pretty nice.
Old 09-21-2005 | 01:12 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jason
you get what you pay for.
That's just plain not true. Let's look at the "luxury compact sport sedan" market. The TSX is less expensive than an A4 2.0T, a 325i, a C230, an S40 T5, a 9-3 Aero, an IS250, and a G35. Do you really believe that the car you love is inferior to all of these (especially the S40 and the 9-3)?
Old 09-21-2005 | 03:05 AM
Drifting

You get what you pay for with a TSX over an Accord, especially in 2006.
Old 09-21-2005 | 07:28 AM
Burning Brakes

THe opposite is actually closer to reality. In my area (Southern California) you can pretty much buy ANY Accord (except maybe the hybrid) for invoice price or less. Accords are so plentiful and common, the prices are always super low and Honda dealers will deal.

TSXs on the other hand, tend to cost more than invoice. In fact, I've yet to see anyone buy a brand new, current years TSX at or below invoice. TSXs are much more plentiful now that Honda has increased production so their prices tend to hover closer to invoice.

But Accords can still be bought for much cheaper. This is why from a value perspective, the Accord is an even greater value. The MSRP difference of $4,500 may actually equate to a difference of $5,000 - $6,000 when you factor in the ease that one can purchase the Accord at or below invoice.
This is my impression on the right coast as well. Also, Intellichoice and Edmunds almost always have the Accord right at invoice (except maybe at the beginning of the year) the TSX is usually significantly over invoice.

Reading the whole thread it is clear the Accord is a better fit for the thread starter as it is for "most" people. The Accord is a great car and I think arguably it fulfills its "mission statement" better than the TSX. It is probably the closest thing to a perfect "mid-sized family sedan" on the market today, where although an EXCELLENT car and value the TSX is not the most perfect "entry-lux sport sedan". Further even if he only keeps the cars for 4 years the cost of ownership will probably be $5,000 or more less for the Accord, he claims to be practical in money matters this is a big deal on cars that will function within 1% objectively in 80%+ of legal everyday driving. Styling, amenities, badge, performance and warranty are some of the reasons people justify the extra costs of the TSX over the Accord, he seems to be not too concerned over most of these. I say he is making the better choice for HIM...
Old 09-21-2005 | 09:17 AM
I may be fat but I'm slow

Agree that he is making the better choice for him. Us telling him the Acura is better because it has things he doesn't care about is the same as a TL owner telling us the TL is better and us saying it has things we don't care about, like more interior room.

Besides, that's one less TSX on the road, making it more exlcusive, which IS a reason i love my TSX over my Mom's Accord. I don't see myself coming and going. (although, on the way to work this morning, there was a Black TSX, then a silver accord, then my Red TSX at a stoplight. hmmm...)
Old 09-21-2005 | 09:43 AM
HOWARD911S

you know the saying.... You can never go wrong with an accord.. hell.... you can even extend that You can never go wrong with a camry.... but hey... TSX is also an accord... therefore, you can never go wrong with a TSX!! only TSX gives you more style and stands out more! I get my satisfaction when im surrounded by camry and accord and they all checking out my car.... and know they are thinking.... (coulda gotten a TSX)!
Old 09-21-2005 | 10:48 AM
Pro

I'd wager that the driving dynamics are NOT so comparable when driving sporty (OR as safe/stable in emergency handling maneuvers!) - much as a BMW driver would tell a TSX driver, and with reason. The TSX has/had ~90% the performance of the old BMW 325 for less money. Sounds like the new 4cyl accord will be ~90%+ of the new TSX. As a 2004 TSX driver, I know that my car is almost as sporty, but also larger for more passengers and with more standard features for less money, than the old BMW 325, and this was a trade off I was comfortable with. Likewise, if someone is comfortable trading off some performance and some interior features of the TSX for what they find to be of greater value in the Accord, then that's a good thing. But the Accord owner should not kid his or her self that the accord will perform as well as the TSX - it may be close, but close is what it is.

That being said, I'd enjoy a mag comparison (not just stats) of the two cars.
Old 09-21-2005 | 10:57 AM
Drifting

One thought: wouldn't the difference in the purchase price of the TSX be offset by its higher resale value? So when you look at the life of ownership, I bet the driver of a TSX can get $3000-$5000 more when they trade in/sell.
Old 09-21-2005 | 11:02 AM
Advanced

One thought: wouldn't the difference in the purchase price of the TSX be offset by its higher resale value? So when you look at the life of ownership, I bet the driver of a TSX can get $3000-$5000 more when they trade in/sell.
This makes sense if you're paying cash for the car, but not so much if you're financing it (and thus paying interest on those extra $5000 for several years).
Old 09-21-2005 | 11:04 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by vitocorleone
I'd wager that the driving dynamics are NOT so comparable when driving sporty (OR as safe/stable in emergency handling maneuvers!) - much as a BMW driver would tell a TSX driver, and with reason. The TSX has/had ~90% the performance of the old BMW 325 for less money. Sounds like the new 4cyl accord will be ~90%+ of the new TSX. As a 2004 TSX driver, I know that my car is almost as sporty, but also larger for more passengers and with more standard features for less money, than the old BMW 325, and this was a trade off I was comfortable with. Likewise, if someone is comfortable trading off some performance and some interior features of the TSX for what they find to be of greater value in the Accord, then that's a good thing. But the Accord owner should not kid his or her self that the accord will perform as well as the TSX - it may be close, but close is what it is.
This sounds very accurate to me, based on both my test drives of these cars and what I've read about them.
Old 09-21-2005 | 11:13 AM
Advanced

You get what you pay for with a TSX over an Accord, especially in 2006.
If by this, you mean that the TSX isn't overpriced for what it delivers, I agree. You're paying little, if any, for the Acura badge. The extra $5000 can be traced to:
Power seats
Memory seats
Heated seats
Leather seats
Bluetooth
Xenon lights
More expensive exhaust system
A power advantage in the last 1000 rpm of the powerband
Slightly improved suspension

But this only makes the TSX a "better car" if you want all those gadgets. After all, if more gadgets always meant a better car for a particular driver, we'd all be lusting after $100,000 Benzes. But that's not what a "better car" is. A "better car" is a car that gives you want you want, but doesn't make you pay for things you don't want.

Since the only part of that $5000 I'm interested in is the suspension, and that can be swapped out onto the Accord, the TSX is not the better car for me. You clearly are into those things ,so the TSX IS the better car for you.
Old 09-21-2005 | 12:48 PM
Photography Nerd

If you don't care about any of the premium items that the TSX offers so why are you even considering it? What's confusing is that you mention in your original post that you care about sportiness but then you go on to say how you'd prefer something that provides a smoother ride because 80% of your driving will be sedate.

If you can't see the value in +40hp (more like +55hp for 2006), or the safety of the Vehicle Stability Assist system, or the other luxury items such as HIDs, leather seats, 17" wheels, etc., the accord is clearly the better choice for you.
Old 09-21-2005 | 01:12 PM
27_
Intermediate

Mitlov,

You cannot compare projector headlights (TSX) to reflector headlights from an Accord plus foglights. Fog's are only supposed to illuminate about 20-30ft in front of the vehicle. If you are serious about comparing the two cars I suggest driving both at night (preferrably highway or a poorly lit street). I know the projectors have saved me from a couple of deer around Swift Current, SASK more than a couple times. Again, I would never go back to reflectors (if I had a choice) after driving with the projectors at night on the highway...safety first!
Old 09-21-2005 | 01:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 27_
Mitlov,

You cannot compare projector headlights (TSX) to reflector headlights from an Accord plus foglights. Fog's are only supposed to illuminate about 20-30ft in front of the vehicle. If you are serious about comparing the two cars I suggest driving both at night (preferrably highway or a poorly lit street). I know the projectors have saved me from a couple of deer around Swift Current, SASK more than a couple times. Again, I would never go back to reflectors (if I had a choice) after driving with the projectors at night on the highway...safety first!
I agree,......you cant compare those two. If the headlights are impt to you (ex safety),...then take 27's advice and drive the cars at night etc. The VSA is also a good safety feature as Dan mentioned.

Sounds like you decided on the Accord, but thought the points Dan and 27 were making were impt,......incase they were overlooked or anything.
Old 09-21-2005 | 03:10 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
If you don't care about any of the premium items that the TSX offers so why are you even considering it? What's confusing is that you mention in your original post that you care about sportiness but then you go on to say how you'd prefer something that provides a smoother ride because 80% of your driving will be sedate.

If you can't see the value in +40hp (more like +55hp for 2006), or the safety of the Vehicle Stability Assist system, or the other luxury items such as HIDs, leather seats, 17" wheels, etc., the accord is clearly the better choice for you.
As for seeing the value in the 39 horsepower advantage of the TSX (comparing 2006 SAE ratings for each car)...if I could see an advantage in quarter-mile or zero-to-sixty times, I would. But there's not, according to Edmunds (cited in a previous post). What's the point of 39 extra horsepower if it doesn't help you go faster?

I *would* prefer sportier handling. I did indeed say that 80% of my driving is sedate, but I also said that I care more about the 20% that isn't. I liked the way the TSX handled a bit more than the i4 Accord, but both were very good. However, from this thread I have learned that the Accord can have the TSX suspension installed (and those suspension pieces can be obtained relatively cheaply), which takes away the TSX's advantage in this category.

This thread was to determine if the TSX could give a real performance advantage (handling and acceleration, not luxury) over the Accord. If it did, I would be inclined to get the TSX, even though I don't need the luxury extras. But this thread has taught me that the performance advantage of the TSX is not that large over the new i4 Accord, and that its real advantage is luxury.
Old 09-21-2005 | 03:31 PM
Have camera, will travel

Mitlov,

Even if you made those changes, the TSX would still have quicker steering; the Accord would never turn in as quick or feel as tossable.

BTW, I could make the same changes to my TSX that you suggest for the Accord and the handling gap would widen even farther.

The Accord is a great car that does what it was designed to do very well, but it ain't no TSX.
Old 09-21-2005 | 09:03 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Originally Posted by waTSX
Even if you made those changes, the TSX would still have quicker steering; the Accord would never turn in as quick or feel as tossable.

BTW, I could make the same changes to my TSX that you suggest for the Accord and the handling gap would widen even farther.

The Accord is a great car that does what it was designed to do very well, but it ain't no TSX.
What's up with this "feel" stuff. That's just it, it FEELS tossable. I cannot tell any difference between my TSX loaner (I had it for a month) and my 05 Accord V6. Felt exactly the same. However, I've already listed the turning radius for both vehicles more than once, and the Accord is the more nimble vehicle with a turning radius of 36.1 feet versus 40 feet for the TSX.

And to say the Accord "ain't no TSX" is absolutely incorrect. The TSX is very much an Accord, just not a USDM one.

These are both great cars, but give credit where it's due. The Accord is a fantastic vehicle, every bit as good as a TSX. And IMO, a loaded EX-V6 navi 6spd for the same price as a loaded TSX Navi, the Accord's bargain is even better.
Old 09-21-2005 | 09:17 PM
Race Director

if he wants power for that price tag $22-26K and doesn't care about orange gagues and so-so interiors he could always go Maxima or 3.5 Altima.
Old 09-21-2005 | 09:24 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
if he wants power for that price tag $22-26K and doesn't care about orange gagues and so-so interiors he could always go Maxima or 3.5 Altima.
Well I may not need TSX level of luxury inside, but I'm not ready to sink to that level of crudtastic interior just yet The Accord EX actually has a great-looking interior if you get the metal trim kit, the leather-wrapped steering wheel, and the leather-wrapped shift knob. It's not identical to the TSX, but you can tell the same design team came up with it. Nissan interiors, on the other hand, look like they were designed by juvenile delinquents.

And power is not as important to me as handling.
Old 09-21-2005 | 10:53 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dan Martin

Exactly. That's why this comparison is screwed up in the first place.
Old 09-21-2005 | 11:12 PM
Photography Nerd

As for seeing the value in the 39 horsepower advantage of the TSX (comparing 2006 SAE ratings for each car)...if I could see an advantage in quarter-mile or zero-to-sixty times, I would. But there's not, according to Edmunds (cited in a previous post). What's the point of 39 extra horsepower if it doesn't help you go faster?

I *would* prefer sportier handling. I did indeed say that 80% of my driving is sedate, but I also said that I care more about the 20% that isn't. I liked the way the TSX handled a bit more than the i4 Accord, but both were very good. However, from this thread I have learned that the Accord can have the TSX suspension installed (and those suspension pieces can be obtained relatively cheaply), which takes away the TSX's advantage in this category.

This thread was to determine if the TSX could give a real performance advantage (handling and acceleration, not luxury) over the Accord. If it did, I would be inclined to get the TSX, even though I don't need the luxury extras. But this thread has taught me that the performance advantage of the TSX is not that large over the new i4 Accord, and that its real advantage is luxury.
the edmonds times are screwed up for the 6MT. Many of us have shown 0-60 in the 7-7.2s range.
Old 09-21-2005 | 11:33 PM
Advanced

I really appreciate all the responses. But let me try to clarify what I was asking. All of these posts are assuming that the TSX is a better handler than the four-cylinder Accord (both are obviously better than the V6 Accord, because the V6 is 200 lbs more nose-heavy). I'm wondering WHY the TSX is better than the i4 Accord EX, and if it's a lot better or a little better than the Accord, and if I could make up the difference if I got the Accord. Is it something simple like different shocks? Or is it many differences that run throughout the Accord's chassis, and thus cannot easily be improved to TSX level (or near-TSX level)?

Thanks again for any responses.

By the way, BusyShifter, to answer your question about leather--I'm totally neutral between cloth and perforated leather, and my girlfriend actually prefers the former because she's a vegetarian (but she'd be okay with leather if I got it). So the TSX's leather seats don't add any weight to its side of the decision-making scale.
I've owned an Accord EX-L I4 5MT and now own a TSX 6MT.

The Accord is nimble, but the TSX always feels planted on the road and transitions better.

To make the Accord handle something like the TSX, you'll have to replace wheels, tires, springs, shocks, anti roll bars, and I think maybe some strut braces.

And VSA with the traction control makes things a lot more relaxing in slippery road driving. Even if you aren't into the VSA in cornering, you won't wheel hop the car starting from rest in the rain.

You'll still give up the six speed (which is a lot of the reason for the performance and fuel economy difference - the TSX 6MT is revving considerably higher than the Accord 5MT at a given road speed).

Bottom line is, off the dealer's lot, a TSX will stomp the Accord if driven to the limit.

And in everyday life, the TSX interior is just nicer. Here's my example. There are five distinct pieces across the top of the Accord dashboard. They are fitted with Honda quality, but there are five of them. The TSX has one piece that sweeps right across.

The Accord has the advantage of more space - more front space (it's wider), more back seat space (it's longer too), and way more trunk space (like about the size of a big set of golf clubs).

Hope this helps you.
Old 09-22-2005 | 02:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Awesome. Now this answers something I had been wondering about.

By the way, what are "coilovers"? I'm not terribly familiar with mechanical details.

And by the way, do you know, if I got this work done by an authorized Honda dealer, would it void the warranty? Or can you upgrade these pieces without damaging your overall warranty? An upgrade to TSX suspension pieces sounds pretty nice.
Coilovers are typically full spring/shock combinations which are height adjustable due to having a threaded shock body. Many coilovers also come w/ damping adjustments to tune the ride and handling characteristics to your taste. But, they will typically always feel firmer than stock b/c of the higher spring rates.

As for voiding the warranty, I really see it as a non-issue. Installing a coilover suspension really isn't going to damage any of the factory Honda parts. Your engine, transmission, suspension components such as A-arms, bushings, links, sway bars, etc. will not really be affected by the coilover. The only thing that won't be covered by Honda would obviously be the coilover suspension itself. If your engine blows up or your stereo system dies, or your transmission blows up, they still have to handle those damages under warranty b/c it is pretty unlikely for them to prove your coilover suspension system caused the damage to those other parts of the car. If the shock in your coilover suspension fails after a few thousand miles, you would simply submit the warranty claim to the coilover manufacturer instead of Honda.
Old 09-22-2005 | 12:41 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
What's up with this "feel" stuff. That's just it, it FEELS tossable. I cannot tell any difference between my TSX loaner (I had it for a month) and my 05 Accord V6. Felt exactly the same. However, I've already listed the turning radius for both vehicles more than once, and the Accord is the more nimble vehicle with a turning radius of 36.1 feet versus 40 feet for the TSX.

And to say the Accord "ain't no TSX" is absolutely incorrect. The TSX is very much an Accord, just not a USDM one.

These are both great cars, but give credit where it's due. The Accord is a fantastic vehicle, every bit as good as a TSX. And IMO, a loaded EX-V6 navi 6spd for the same price as a loaded TSX Navi, the Accord's bargain is even better.
Where did I not give the Accord its due? Read the last part of my post. I've owned Accords and THEY ARE GREAT CARS! But they are BORING!

Whether or not a TSX and a EDM Accord are roughly similar is irrelevant. We are talking TSX and USDM Accord. Two completely different animals.

And I'll amend my earlier comment for your clarification. The TSX *IS* more tossable than than the USDM Accord. Go to ToV and watch some videos if you don't believe me. And they're comparing a more highly tuned version of the Accord, the 6MT Accord Coupe, at the Dragon, one of the definitive sections of twisties in the U.S.

Straightline = V6 Accord, twisties = TSX says bye-bye. And what the hell does turning radius have to do with handling? You're talking parking lots and u-turns, I'm talking canyon carving.

I'm not sure why you can't tell any difference between the TSX and the Accord. Maybe you aren't pushing either car hard enough.

Why argue? Go buy an Accord and be happy.
Old 09-22-2005 | 01:27 PM
Intermediate

I've been standing on the sidelines watching this thread for about a week now . . . When it came to looking for a new car the tsx, as far as I was concerned, was up against an a4 and an a3 (tsx is much better value and bullet proof, mechanically compared to the audis), also was giving some thought to a wrx (but needed a more luxury on the inside, and with my commute, could not go with a stick) . . .I know the tsx is an "accord," but that's a euro-accord, not the built for america family sedan . . . . a honda accord sedan never even enters the picture in my mind as a car to "cross-shop" with a tsx . . .one is a sports sedan, the other my mother-in-law drives. 'Nuff said . . . .
Old 09-22-2005 | 02:18 PM
Team Owner

The TSX is an "Accord" assembled in Japan, the Accord is assembled in the USA. In this case, my money is on the Japanese.
Old 09-22-2005 | 02:38 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by quint001
I've been standing on the sidelines watching this thread for about a week now . . . When it came to looking for a new car the tsx, as far as I was concerned, was up against an a4 and an a3 (tsx is much better value and bullet proof, mechanically compared to the audis), also was giving some thought to a wrx (but needed a more luxury on the inside, and with my commute, could not go with a stick) . . .I know the tsx is an "accord," but that's a euro-accord, not the built for america family sedan . . . . a honda accord sedan never even enters the picture in my mind as a car to "cross-shop" with a tsx . . .one is a sports sedan, the other my mother-in-law drives. 'Nuff said . . . .
Well said You can also throw a 325i into the mix when cross-shopping the TSX, at least up to the E46.
Old 09-22-2005 | 03:09 PM
Race Director

Of course the US Accord is bigger than the TSX because it was designed as top gear hosts would put it "A car for putting big fat Americans in". The US Accord is an analogy of this cause the Accord sedan and coupe look fatter than the TL and TSX.
Old 09-22-2005 | 03:19 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Since when does adding TSX springs and shocks to an Accord = TSX suspension

The cars share platform designs but they are NOT the same platforms. And there's more to handling than springs and shocks and I'd suspect it would take a whole lot more to make an Accord the equal of a TSX when it comes to handling.
Old 09-22-2005 | 04:17 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by waTSX
Well said You can also throw a 325i into the mix when cross-shopping the TSX, at least up to the E46.
True . . .but with a commute of about 110 miles a day and winter being a problem here in nyc . . . I was looking for fwd or awd . . . .Needed to put my rx-7 out to pasture because of the rwd . . .no way was I chancing getting caught in a snow storm in jersey and having to get my ass home to L.I. with a rwd anything . . .besides my little brother had a 330i up until last week and had to leave his at the office (only a few miles from his house) a few times because of snow (f that) . . .
Old 09-22-2005 | 04:23 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 27_
Mitlov,

Well put . . . .for 15 years I had rx-7 with fogs and swore by fog lights . . . even made sure all the "trucks" i got for the "family" had fogs (all had standard headlights) . . .then when i was test driving the tsx i took it out for a night drive and the xenons/hid blew me away . . .absolutley no need for fogs . . .the xenons even cover the street just infront of the car, where the fogs would be . . . After I got the car home I took the wife out and she couldn't believe the difference the xenons made . . . .Definitely Safety First . . . !!!!!!
Old 09-22-2005 | 04:40 PM
Senior Moderator

I just cant see the point of buying an accord and putting TSX suspension in it. Dom's point above is also very good. Is it worth going to all that hassel to maybe get handling similar the TSX? Pick the accord or the TSX,.....I just dont see swapping stuff into the accord.

0-60 stats,.......just because other ppl are putting down numbers.
So far for the TSX people have quoted times of:
8.3 sec and7.9 sec
Comsumer reports gives the TSX a 0-60 time at 9.2 (what are they on?)
R&T was at 7.5 (online)
Car and driver said its in the low 7's (online)
and we have AZ'ers that did it right down at 7.1 and whatever

Quite the difference eh.
Old 09-22-2005 | 05:06 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

A lot of TSX owners on here need a serious reality check. The TSX is a great car, but it is far from perfect. In the end it comes down to this:

Accord EX I4 MT = $19,980 invoice and you can probably get it for close to that.

TSX = $24,784 invoice (2005s), and don't expect to get it for that.

There's a $5,000 price difference - and that's a lot to pay for VSA. It's the only option I see him interested in that the TSX has but Accord doesn't... otherwise, the bases are covered.

And for those of you who don't think a properly driven Accord I4 manual can run stride for stride with a TSX... Your 40hp means absolutely nothing in terms of off-the-line acceleration. The fact is you're 100lbs heavier and have virtually no torque advantage. Period.

Quick Reply: 2006 TSX or 2006 Accord EX four-cylinder?