Old 02-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When does the Chicago Auto Show open?
Old 02-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Lightbulb Civic Si Sedan Concept

Check out the pics on TOV. Hideous wing spoiler.. but I wouldn't expect to see that on the production car. I'm wondering if they will offer the auto with paddle shifting that they have on the asian market civic sedan.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=495409

From Hondanews.com..

CHICAGO 02/08/2006 -- The Civic Si Sedan Concept is making its debut at the 2006 Chicago Auto Show, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced today.

The Civic Si Sedan Concept provides strong hints of the styling and performance for a production Civic Si Sedan scheduled to go on sale this fall, marking the first time that "Si" performance has become available in the Civic Sedan. Similar to the recently introduced Civic Si Coupe, the production Civic Si Sedan will serve as another performance leader for the Civic line-up with a 197-horsepower, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC engine with an 8,000 rpm redline, mated to a close-ratio, 6-speed manual transmission. Helping to put all that power to the ground is a helical-type, limited slip differential for improved traction and cornering performance.

The Civic Si Sedan Concept features custom 18-inch cast aluminum alloy wheels, 225/40ZR18 high-performance tires, and 4-wheel disc brakes with large cross-drilled brake rotors and 4-piston Brembo calipers.

"The Civic Si Sedan Concept demonstrates how the high-performance attributes of the Civic Si Coupe can be directly applied to the functionality of a sedan," said John Mendel, senior vice president of American Honda.

A production vehicle based on the Civic Si Sedan Concept will go on sale this fall. The 2007 Civic Si Sedan will mark a further evolution of Civic Si's sixth generation alongside the Civic Si Coupe - and will be the first time a Civic Si is available in two body styles. The Civic Si first appeared in 1986 with subsequent Civic Si models appearing in 1989, 1992, 1999 and 2002.

The Civic Si Concept (coupe version) made its debut at the 2005 Chicago Auto Show, preceding the introduction of the all-new 2006 Civic Si, Civic Hybrid, Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe. The Civic Si Coupe and Civic Si Sedan will both complement the Civic lineup with features designed to appeal to true enthusiasts seeking a high level of performance and value.

The all-new 2006 Honda Civic has attracted a high level of acclaim, including Motor Trend magazine's prestigious 2006 Car of the Year award and the 2006 North American Car of the Year award.

From Honda's web site

http://automobiles.honda.com/civic_si_sedan/index.aspx

The Honda Civic Si Sedan Concept
Inspiration comes in many forms, and now the car that ushered in the modern sport-compact era comes with the comfort and convenience of four doors. It's the Civic Si Sedan Concept, and it will redefine the world of sport sedans with the fall 2006 release of the production model.

The Civic Si began with a simple concept: engage the driver with performance never before experienced in a car of this type. Twenty years later, the technology may have been updated, but the thought remains the same. The Civic Si is accessible performance for those who love to drive.

There are a ton of questions that will be answered in the coming weeks and months with regard to this exciting new release. To make sure you're on track with the latest information, we invite you to sign up for e-mail updates that will keep you current with the most relevant, timely information.

Key Civic Si Sedan Concept Features:
A 197-horsepower, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC engine with an 8,000 rpm redline
A close ratio 6-speed manual transmission
A helical-type limited slip differential
18-inch cast aluminum alloy wheels
225/40ZR18 high performance tires
4-wheel disc brakes with large cross-drilled brake rotors
4-piston Brembo calipers
Old 02-08-2006, 09:49 PM
VSA Rocks

Originally Posted by Type X
i traded in my TSX w/ navi for my 06 si coupe

and COULDNT be happier

a sedan si ( which is confiremd) same HP, navi etc etc

will defintely take a chunk out of tsx sales

sorry not everyone cars about leather and heated seats
Not everyone wants a car associated with an 18-year old, either....
Old 02-09-2006, 06:19 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the SI sedan looks very good (minus the wing!).

this comparison is why honda needs a separate platform for the acura brand (awd/rwd); and they finally caved in and realized that after everyone has done it....soon the FWD acura are of the by-gone era.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:18 PM
OG

Received 162 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by Black_6spd
Not everyone wants a car associated with an 18-year old, either....

Not everyone associates cars with ages,

i've met 50yr old tsx drivers and 21 yr old tsx drivers
either way

tsx = 200hp
si = 200hp

tsx =30k
si =19k

Old 02-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not everyone associates cars with ages,

i've met 50yr old tsx drivers and 21 yr old tsx drivers
either way

tsx = 200hp
si = 200hp

tsx =30k
si =19k

si isn't selling at 19k is it? there's one post on here where someone bought it for around 30. i think it's more around 23/24k selling price right?

and it doesnt have nearly the options the tsx does.

either way, a civic is a civic, and shouldn't be compared to the tsx. it's not even close. so what if the hp lines up close? the tsx has much more perks than the civic does.

especially the perk that you dont see them all over the road because they only cost 18,000.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:23 PM
OG

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
don't u miss the rear seat room and the 2 extra doors?

civic si sedan? dang that will take away more accord sales away instead of TSX.
not really i'm 26 and my fiance is 21 so all of our friends would take their own vehicles when we needed to go out etc etc

the civic si sedan is more suited for someone that needs the room, me personally, 2 door, 4 door, hatch whatever as long as there is a drivers seat

and this isn't to you....

but for those bashing for "downgrading"
i'm a compliance officer on wall st, i dont feel the need to "flaunt what i'm driving" but when i see an opportuinity to save tons of money every month and get equal or greater performance from my vehicle , i took the bull by the horns and purchased the Si

and like i have stated previously if the hid, seats etc are THAT important to you, it can be installed AND still have significant savings over the tsx

IMO
Old 02-09-2006, 01:24 PM
OG

Originally Posted by bradykp
si isn't selling at 19k is it? there's one post on here where someone bought it for around 30. i think it's more around 23/24k selling price right?

and it doesnt have nearly the options the tsx does.

either way, a civic is a civic, and shouldn't be compared to the tsx. it's not even close. so what if the hp lines up close? the tsx has much more perks than the civic does.

especially the perk that you dont see them all over the road because they only cost 18,000.
i picked up mine at sticker

19.990 for my si

and by your "perks" do those really equate to the price over the civic si?

what do you value, heated seats, mirrors and HID
AND you can't get the tsx with LSD
Old 02-09-2006, 03:09 PM
VSA Rocks

i picked up mine at sticker

19.990 for my si

and by your "perks" do those really equate to the price over the civic si?

what do you value, heated seats, mirrors and HID
AND you can't get the tsx with LSD
Enjoy your Civic. Looks like you found what you were looking for.

Humble pie isn't for everyone, however.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm a llama :(

Originally Posted by julyccc
i would not give up my TSX for civic SI. come on it's a civic !
There's nothing wrong with driving a Civic. There's people that wouldn't be caught dead in an Acura and it seems you have the same mentality.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Motohip
There's nothing wrong with driving a Civic. There's people that wouldn't be caught dead in an Acura and it seems you have the same mentality.

I never said there is something wrong with driving a civic. I said I would not give up my TSX for a civic.

Please do not compare a civic to a TSX. they are different.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:41 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i raced a SI today!

it's not even a race, he beat me by 3 car lengths but i had my winter tires on and didn't want to ruin them...(excuses excuses).

it was a blue SI with tints on Northern Blvd right near Autozone. it looked hot
Old 02-10-2006, 02:34 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mg7726
i raced a SI today!

it's not even a race, he beat me by 3 car lengths but i had my winter tires on and didn't want to ruin them...(excuses excuses).

it was a blue SI with tints on Northern Blvd right near Autozone. it looked hot

you have any mods?
Old 08-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Advanced

I've got to admit, if this Si Sedan turns out to be everything I hope it is, there is a chance i'd consider trading in my TSX towards one.

I just hope they offer an automatic transmission on it. I know that sounds lame to a lot of people on this board, but I drive nearly an hour to work each way, and there is nothing worse than sitting in stop and go traffic, and having to pump a clutch constantly.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Racer

I RACED A SI THE OTHER DAY ON THE PA TURNPIKE (NORTHEST EXTENTION)..................., AND AT FIRST i BLEW BY HIM THEN HE PROCEDED TO BLOW BY ME SO WE WENT AT IT FOR THE LAST 15 MILES OR SO OF THE TURNPIKE PRETTY MUCH NECK AND NECK......, BUT COULDNT FIGURE OUT WHY i COULDNT EVENTUALLY CREEP PAST HIM...., BECAUSE I NOTIVED HE HAD TWO OTHER PEOPLE IN HIS CAR (EXTRA WEIGHT) BUT THEN I REALIZED THAT i HAD MY ac ON THE WHOOLE TIME. sO PRETTY MUCH NECK AND NECK AT 140 FOR MILES......., ( HIS CARGO AND MY AC MUST HAVE CANCELLED OUT) ENDED UP EVEN......., THERE PRETTY QUICK...., THE SI THAT IS.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Intermediate

civic over tsx? ha tsx all da way baby, but i would choose an SI over an RSx
Old 08-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Advanced

I'm just guessing, but wouldn't an Si have to be faster than a TSX? It's got nearly the same horsepower, but it has to weigh quite a bit less. Right?
Old 08-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Drifting

the TSX is heavier, but from what i remember when researching the two ( i was deciding between a TSX and a new Si ) the TSX is a few hundred pounds heavier...

however the TSX engine isn't as heavily tuned from the factory, so it has more potential from what i've heard...
Old 08-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Instructor

Only one other person in this thread has agreed with me, but I think the new Civic is absolutely hideous. That front end is just incredibly ugly. It looks fat somehow.

Although, I will admit, this is the first car I've ever seen with a black hood/grey body that I actually LIKED the look of. Normally I think it looks awful, but that car just happens to have things in such a way that I think it actually looks good like that.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Polar Chicken

I have both a 06ex civic manual/navi and an 04 tsx and these cars are compleatly different. I have ony put a CAI on the civic and some rims but performacne wise the TSX kills it. The si was alot faster but the insurance was also 45% more than the ex. It will be intresting to see the SI sedan but I dont know if the power gains would be worth giving up the 35mpg average I get in the EX.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Tigerriot
I've got to admit, if this Si Sedan turns out to be everything I hope it is, there is a chance i'd consider trading in my TSX towards one.

I just hope they offer an automatic transmission on it. I know that sounds lame to a lot of people on this board, but I drive nearly an hour to work each way, and there is nothing worse than sitting in stop and go traffic, and having to pump a clutch constantly.
There will be no automatic version of either the Si Coupe or 4dr. I too was thinkiing if the Si sedan had auto, with Nav, considering the lower cost it would be a no-brainer. We have a new Civic Coupe EX and like it. Not as much power as the TSX but I spend so much time in traffic it hardly matters!
Old 08-10-2006, 02:10 AM
OEM plus!

I think that the Civic is an awesome car for the money. I was able to pick one up for my folks for $15,700 (lx model). I have to say it is very comfortable on the road and it is pretty peppy in comparison to the civics of old. For what it is, the car is very stylish and doesn't look boring like it did before.

I would for sure consider buying one if this whole broken oil pipeline thing brings gas to $5 a gallon.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:05 AM
6th Gear

Guess I will have to trade in my TSX for a civic.

Seriusly though you can have my TSX when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.

One thing I hate about the newer civics as a tall person is the way it feels that the dashboard is sitting in my lap! The window starting at the fron of the car makes this even worse, I feel like I'm traping in some psyco killer car from a horor movie that is going to slowly crush me with its killer dashboard of doom.

Am I the only person who feels this way inside a civic?

Now the old ones, where you sat like 2 inches off the road, they where awsome. It's to bad those are way to easy to steal and insurance is through the roof on them.

Insurance costs are much cheaper for TSX's than both RSX and Civics, sticker price is not the only cost of a car.