2005 TSX Service Cost

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 11:14 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2005 TSX Service Cost

I did a quick search and didn't return any results to prices for 05 TSX Service Costs, if there is you are more than welcome to me. This is kinda a long story/question, but it has purpose I promise

When I owned my TL I made two quick phone calls to the dealer to price stuff, and once I heard 300 for an inspection and the scheduled maintenance after I bought the car, I said no no, too steep for my blood. And hung up the phone. My TSX has been babied since birth, it was bought from one of the two dealers near me and has been getting service there ever since. Well once I bought it three months ago I could really only afford to pay the car payment and it's one oil change trip to Jiffy Lube. I am approaching the 90k mark and have a new job which allows me to afford (I think...) the dealer... a phone call to them again, says $400 for the scheduled maintenance.

I'm a delivery driver for Pizza Hut so I would think this warrants the "Severe Driving" side of the Manual...

The Acura website says to perform the following on a 90k service:

Replace engine oil
Rotate tires
Replace engine oil filter
Inspect front and rear brakes
Lubricate all hinges, locks and latches
Inspect tie-rod ends, steering gearbox and boots
Inspect suspension components
Inspect drive shaft boots
Replace air cleaner element
Inspect drive belt
Replace dust and pollen filter

My brakes are making the "Break Wear Indicator" noise... which makes me wonder what they will find when they rotate my tires...

So the question is, is 400 too steep for this service? This is the first time (other than the switchblade cutting feaux pax) that I've let Acura near my vehicle and don't wanna be overcharged, and has anyone gotten their brakes done? I'm curious as to that price too... That 400 includes the "Courtesy Car" I am supposed to receive and a wash and vacuum... Is Acura known to bargain a bit? Especially if I get the brakes done as well? I got rid of my Mustang and had a wonderful relationship with the dealer they would work deals for me all the time.

And one more question, I am 18, does anyone know about age restrictions on these courtesy cars? I know rental companies don't let you drive unless you're 25, but I didn't know if the rules would be different...

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any help you can offer!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If you wear indicators just started then I would say you would only need new pads. If you have neglected this then you could have metal on metal and you will also need to replace the rotors as well (this will cost you a lot more). But you need to get this done ASAP.

$400 is a lot for this stuff. You can change the air filters yourself and save at least $150 in doing that. There are DIY guides all over for this and it takes about 5 minutes to do both the air cabin and the engine filter. I don't know what they charge for inspection of various items because I do them myself so maybe someone else can comment. I can tell you I wouldn't drop $400 on items that cost about $60.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:22 PM
10th Gear

They did just start, I was thinking new pads, the Service advisor told me "I had options" when it came to service packages... I know I just had the air filter changed so I am going to tell him to leave it alone. I know their inspection is 90. I can imagine labor being high for this, with all the lubrication spots they have on that checklist. I have been told that Acura does more than just what's on the list, the list is just the bare minimum that should be performed. But I have been told by multiple people that my specific Acura dealer has been known to do those silly "Dealer Upcharges" for crap you don't need, so I'm going to wait until I see it on paper to make my final call. Thanks very much for your help!
Old 05-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
with acura you have to be 25 to get their loaner car. you can just have your mom/dad bring the car in and get the loaner for you then bring it back with them
Old 05-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Burning Brakes

400 is an insane rip off. you can purchase oil, oil filter, pollen filter and air filter for <80 bucks and do that rest of the inspections yourself!

btw avoid jiffy lube if possible.......
Old 08-21-2009, 01:52 AM
10th Gear

Thanks to all that replied, I know this is a late update but... I swindled a loaner from my Service Advisor because I was paying such a high amount for the work to be done. I only had it two hours anyway, because I requested an RDX and he didn't have his (my dealership assigns loaners to the Advisors, they each have 2 TSX's, an RDX, a TL, they all share one MDX and one RL)

I actually have a new problem with them, I was very disatisfied with how I was treated when I took it in at 95k and filled out the Acura Survey accordingly, the service manager sent me a very nasty e-mail back saying that "he feels they will never be able to make me happy in the future, and I should find a dealership that fits my liking" I heard that my dealer was a little snooty but this seems over the top if you ask me... Oh well... I called my closest Honda dealer and have moved my records over.

Quite frankly I expected more from Acura...
Old 08-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the price of that service package is way too high. All they do is inspect it..go by a smaller shop and you can have everything inspected for free.

Sorry to hear about the crappy service and nasty email..