2 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 10:03 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Questions

I had 2 (more) questions...

1) Anyone know how long the actual trip across the pacific from Japan takes? I know it takes a while to get checked in and on a truck and across the country, but wondered how long the boat ride is? (I hope my car doesnt get seasick :P )

2) I asked on another post but never got an answer: What is the audio accessory kit?
Old 12-02-2003, 10:30 PM
Instructor

Re: 2 Questions

Originally posted by jonredraider
I had 2 (more) questions...

1) Anyone know how long the actual trip across the pacific from Japan takes? I know it takes a while to get checked in and on a truck and across the country, but wondered how long the boat ride is? (I hope my car doesnt get seasick :P )

2) I asked on another post but never got an answer: What is the audio accessory kit?

For the trip from Japan, I beleive the boat ride is about 4-5 weeks, and then the trip across the US (I saw you were east coast too) is another 2-3 weeks. It can take more time though, based what some people have posted on ehre.

"audio accesory kit"? Not sure... is that what they're calling the XM kit? I doubt it, but it's my only guess.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:46 PM
Instructor

I got the audio kit thing from this thread:
http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...&threadid=4803

I hope that the car had a head start because they made it seem like it just left Japan about 1 1/2 weeks ago and said it would be here in mid December.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:51 PM
Instructor

That seems a bit quick....The day I ordered mine the dealer said it had just arrived on the west coast that day and would be about 2 weeks. It took a couple days longer than that, so that part I'm pretty sure about the time. Good luck, hope is shows up soon.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:19 PM
Instructor

Well maybe one of the dealers on here knows...when i reserved mine, the dealer had a printout. In the front of this printout it had the ship date of all the Acuras they would receive and had estimated arrival dates. The back of the packet had more cars that had a ship dates but no estimated arrival date. Does that ship date refer to from Japan or from the port in the US?
Old 12-03-2003, 02:40 PM
TSX Owner

Re: 2 Questions

Actually, I made a mistake in my original post. The real name of the part is "audio attachment kit."

If you go to the Acura.com web site and build & price a TSX, among the interior options is an MP3 player. If you select the MP3 player, it automatically adds the required "audio attachment kit" priced at $92. The Acura TSX Accessories brochure available at Acura dealers refers to the same thing.

I was wanting to use an Apple iPod through the TSX's stereo system and thought this was what I needed to do that. But, I have yet to find anyone at Acura to confirm it. Nobody seems to know anything about it.

An Acura instruction sheet posted on the Net shows the contents of the audio attachment kit and how to install it:
http://instantox.com/tsx/pdf/XM_RADIO_SYSTEM.PDF

Also, one of my local Acura dealers lists it on their TSX parts page:
http://www.acuraparts247.com/sunnysi...SX+Accessories

By the way, picked up my brand spanking new TSX this morning and put about 90 miles on it so far. My only complaint so far is that the factory stereo and speakers are terrible; the sound is muffled compared to the aftermarket Pioneer I had in my last car, and the TSX stereo has only a Bass and Treble setting for equalization. I would love to discuss advice on what to add or change in terms of hardware to improve the sound, but I will do that in another thread.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:51 PM
Instructor

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

I am lucky in that the stereo will be a step up from my 4-speaker factory I had in my 97 Civic.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:53 PM
Instructor

Oh, also un update. According to my salesman, the the car was in the US around Nov 27. So, I guess the trip to Maryland takes about 22 days. I am tempted to drive west, find it on the truck, and just drive it home myseld
Old 12-03-2003, 05:45 PM
Looking at the '15 TLX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Oh, also un update. According to my salesman, the the car was in the US around Nov 27. So, I guess the trip to Maryland takes about 22 days. I am tempted to drive west, find it on the truck, and just drive it home myseld
Would have been a good excuse to take a vacation to sunny San Diego and get it right here.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:42 PM
Instructor

In case you all were wondering, I decided to invent the word "myseld".
Old 12-04-2003, 01:16 AM
Pro

It's amazing. It could take months to get a car over here, but only hours by a plane. Consider that. Ask the Military to lend a hand.