2.9% APR Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 06:36 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.9% APR Question

Great news! They have found the exact car I ordered at another dealer in Miami. I guess the deal on the car didn't work out (anybody know about this). My CG/Ebony 6mt Navi should be here Monday. This is really good news because I really want to take advantage of the 2.9% APR. On the website it says that it is good thru 1/5 which is Wednesday. When I was at the dealer the other day, the sales manager told me that if you read the fine print it says that Honda can end the deal early. He seemed to think it wouldn't last through the weekend. I could understand Honda pulling the deal if something HUGE happened in the market. Is this the sales men just pulling my chain? I know they can't rush me to buy, because they don't have the car. We are planning on financing about 14,500 for 48 months. The 2.9% will save us about $20 a month (if you figure I could get 6.5% otherwise). Do you think Honda will pull the deal before the 5th?

Anyway I am about the car!
Old 12-31-2004, 06:53 PM
Advanced

Funny, when I was at the dealership and I told them I preferred artic blue pearl and they wouldn't have one in stock any time soon and the salesperson knew a major part of the deal was taking advantage of the 2.9% he said "honda has been known to extend it and that should give us time to find one if the color is that big of an issue."

I didn't want to take the risk and I was happy with the CG.

I think you should be ok as long as you meet the Jan 5 deadline.

PS...maybe i should have waited for the dealership to get that 6mt cg/navi! J/K!

Good luck!
Old 12-31-2004, 07:11 PM
Instructor

Don't Steal My Car! J/k
Old 12-31-2004, 09:34 PM
Advanced

My sales guy said there will be a 10-day grace period, meaning if the car doesn't come in by the 5th we still get 10 days on the interest rate. My PWP is supposed to be coming in 1/3-4. I doubt VERY much that Honda would pull the deal early--that would be real bad p.r.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. T
My sales guy said there will be a 10-day grace period, meaning if the car doesn't come in by the 5th we still get 10 days on the interest rate. My PWP is supposed to be coming in 1/3-4. I doubt VERY much that Honda would pull the deal early--that would be real bad p.r.
This is only as long as you credit application is in the Honda Finance computer BEFORE the program end date. They are also very strict on the stipulation that the cars be in stock.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jwb998
Great news! They have found the exact car I ordered at another dealer in Miami. I guess the deal on the car didn't work out (anybody know about this). My CG/Ebony 6mt Navi should be here Monday. This is really good news because I really want to take advantage of the 2.9% APR. On the website it says that it is good thru 1/5 which is Wednesday. When I was at the dealer the other day, the sales manager told me that if you read the fine print it says that Honda can end the deal early. He seemed to think it wouldn't last through the weekend. I could understand Honda pulling the deal if something HUGE happened in the market. Is this the sales men just pulling my chain? I know they can't rush me to buy, because they don't have the car. We are planning on financing about 14,500 for 48 months. The 2.9% will save us about $20 a month (if you figure I could get 6.5% otherwise). Do you think Honda will pull the deal before the 5th?

Anyway I am about the car!
Any news?
Old 01-03-2005, 11:42 PM
Intermediate

most manufacturers i've watched usually keep a financing incentive around longer than just one month - my guess is they'll renew it for another month or so - just a guess though
Old 01-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
When Honda/Acura says it's a special program that applies for ALL cars, they usually only run it for a short time. The last time they did this, was Labor Day weekend. It ran from the Thrusday before the long weekend, till Wednesday. mark my words, this will not be extended.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Instructor

Thank you for all your help. My CG/Ebony 6spd/navi came in, and it is mine! I did get the 2.9%. I also got a couple free extras. It already has the sill plates in it, I am pretty sure they are a dealer option. It had mud guards on it, but thanks to this website I had them take them off before they scratched the car. It also had wheel locks on. The buying experience went very well. The car is a joy to drive, can't wait to open her up. I am in the process of trying to get some pictures up. Thanks again for all your help.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Advanced

Hey Dude!

Congrats on the new car! I shouldve held out for the 6mt/navi. LOL...j/k again!

Glad it all worked out!
Old 01-04-2005, 08:16 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Woo-Hoo! Another Cult member....I mean forum user.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:04 AM
8th Gear

As of 12/23, I am the proud owner of a 2005 CGP/Ebony/5AT/Nav TSX!

I had been preapproved by my credit union for an auto loan @ 3.75% with the option of converting the loan into an auto equity loan. That means I would be able to write off the interest of the loan, much as you would with your mortgage interest.

When I went to the dealer to pick up the car, they offered me the 2.9% interest rate. Not being sure of the savings between the two loans, I signed up for the 2.9% with the option of converting back to the credit union loan (with the auto equity option) if it proved to be more of a cost savings. When I went back to the credit union, they seemed a little irritated that the dealer had tried to "steal" the loan from them. So, with one phone call to the big loan god, they matched the 2.9% and still offered the auto equity option.

So, even though I didn't get a great deal on the purchase price of the car ($28,700), I figure that I will save $400-500 by being able to write off the interest.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:10 PM
Instructor

This car is sweet! I don't know how I am ever going to get through the break in period with out putting my foot into it. I was talking to my dad the other day, telling him how flat it handles. He told me that I had been driving my Jeep to long (he has an 2001 Jeep GC, mines a 99 but they are very simular, and a 2002 BMW 330 coupe) .

I now have 178 miles on the car. I love the way the car shifts, the gauges, the stereo, the way it handles, and the Navigation system has already shown me how useful it can be. I am surprised how much torque the car has, it feels torquer (is that a word?) the the Contour SVT I had before (which had a V6). Some things that I will miss: automatic headlights (although the auto-off is pretty slick), power outlets that are constantly on, and memory seats. Bottom line, the car is a joy to drive and I can't wait to do some heal-toe downshifting! As for now, this is me: (short shifting with about half petal)