07 Changes anyone?

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=593069

Start post whoring!

Acura 2007 Model Year Change Summary

Date: August 01, 2006 11:34
Submitted by: Jeff
Source: Acura PR
Credibility Rating: N/A

Acura is one of the most innovative nameplates in the industry, capturing luxury consumers who are looking for the latest technologies to enhance the driving experience and their life. Key technologies like HandsFreeLink® Bluetooth connectivity, Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ and AcuraLink™ with real time traffic make Acura the leader in putting useful technologies into the hands of customers. For 2007, Acura continues this leadership by adding the latest in cutting-edge technologies to several key models, including the RDX, MDX, RL and TL.

The 2007 Acura lineup of performance luxury sedans and SUV’s builds on the excitement of a milestone 2006 model year, highlighted by record sales and the 20th Anniversary of the Acura brand. For 2007, three Acura models take center stage: the all-new RDX entry premium SUV, the completely redesigned MDX luxury SUV and the significantly upgraded TL performance luxury sedan.

The RDX features Acura’s first ever turbocharged engine and the groundbreaking Super Handling-All Wheel Drive™, first introduced on the RL sedan. The RDX is equipped with a 2.3-liter i-VTEC® turbocharged engine, generating 240 hp and 260 ft lbs of torque – the most of any Acura. Right on the heels of the RDX is the all-new, MDX, which will once again raise the bar in the luxury SUV category.

In addition, the best-selling TL sedan receives significant changes for the 2007 model year, which include major performance and styling enhancements. The 2007 RL adds several new interior features and two new trim packages giving technologically savvy consumers exactly what they are looking for. Continuing Acura’s commitment to ‘Safety Through Innovation’ the 2007 TSX receives additional safety equipment.

RL
The Acura RL continues to be one of the most technologically advanced vehicles on the road, garnering accolades from top technical outlets like CNET and PC Magazine. New for 2007, the RL now comes equipped with an available rearview camera, plus standard MP3 auxiliary jack and passenger seatbelt reminder. Additionally, two new trim packages are available:

2007 RL with Technology Package: in addition to the standard features, new package adds Acura satellite navigation system, AcuraLink™ with real time traffic, rearview camera, Active Front Lighting and upgraded wood interior

2007 RL with Technology Package plus CMBS/PAX tires: new package adds the Collision Mitigation Braking System and PAX Run-flat tires to the Technology Package

Additional changes for 2007:

New exterior color Platinum Silver replaces Celestial Silver and Meteor Silver

TL
A significantly upgraded TL will debut in fall 2006. Additional information regarding the TL will become available on 9/1/06.

Significant minor model change

Powertain enhancements

Restyled exterior

New interior refinements

Additional technology features

TSX
The TSX continues to be a hot seller for Acura, winning over customers who are looking for sporty performance, a stylish exterior and the latest in technology. Last year, the TSX was named to Car & Driver’s 10Best list for the third consecutive year.

After receiving several enhancements last year, the 2007 TSX receives the following safety upgrade for 2007:

Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

RDX
With the arrival of Acura’s new RDX 5-passenger Entry Premium SUV, this emerging market segment gets a decidedly “connected” spin. Not only does this all-new SUV combine the immediate response of Acura’s first-ever turbocharged engine and the agile control of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD™), the RDX puts state-of-the-art communications, navigation and audio entertainment at the driver’s fingertips. And the RDX delivers it all in keeping with Acura’s long-established tradition of respect for crisp, contemporary styling and simple, intuitive operation that adds to the driving experience.

RDX includes the following standard features:

All-new 5-passenger Entry Premium SUV

Turbocharged 2.3-liter, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder

240 horsepower @ 6000 rpm and 260 lbs-ft at 4500 rpm

5-speed automatic with F1®-style Sequential SportShift paddle shifters and Grade Logic Control

Super Handling All-Wheel Drive TM (SH-AWD TM)

60/40 fold flat rear seats

18” alloy wheel

360-watt Acura Premium Sound System with AM/FM tuner, 6-disc in-dash CD, MP3, WMA, and 7 speakers\auxiliary jack

In addition, RDX with optional Technology Package adds the following features:

Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™ and rearview camera

AcuraLink™ satellite communication system with real-time traffic

HandsFreeLink® wireless telephone interface

410-watt Acura/ELS Surround® Premium 10-speaker Sound System with 6-disc CD, DVD-Audio, DTS® and Dolby® Pro Logic® II

GPS-linked, solar-sensing, dual-zone automatic climate control system

Auxiliary information display

MDX
The all-new 2007 Acura MDX will debut in fall 2006. Additional information regarding MDX will appear on 9/1/06

Full model change

Track-tuned development

Best in class V-6 engine

Super Handing-All Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD TM)

Bold, innovative styling

Cutting-edge technology

UPDATE:
We've just received this bulletin from an Acura dealer:
Effective August 1, 2006, the Destination and Handling (D&H) charge will increase from $615 to $670 for all Acura models.

This $55 increase will be applied to all vehicles assigned from August 1, 2006. Destination and Handling charges will remain $615 for all vehicles assigned through August 1, 2006.
Last edited by Jeff on August 01, 2006 14:16
Old 08-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Booya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MTLer

TSX
The TSX continues to be a hot seller for Acura, winning over customers who are looking for sporty performance, a stylish exterior and the latest in technology. Last year, the TSX was named to Car & Driver’s 10Best list for the third consecutive year.

After receiving several enhancements last year, the 2007 TSX receives the following safety upgrade for 2007:

That's it, what's wrong with Acura? No standard MP3 capability in Audio system. Almost every friggin' car I know can play MP3 CD's.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Booya

TSX

That's it ??? What's wrong with Acura? Still no standard MP3 capability in Audio system. ??? Almost every friggin' car I know can play MP3 CD's. !!!
Old 08-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Booya

Sorry for the dupe. Friggin' keyboard.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by dipkat
That's it, what's wrong with Acura? No standard MP3 capability in Audio system. Almost every friggin' car I know can play MP3 CD's.
I am pretty sure its because they are trying to team up with Apple.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Advanced

?

Why not add the "AcuraLink™ with real time traffic" to the TSX?
Old 08-01-2006, 05:26 PM
6MT or Death

Originally Posted by stanwelks
Why not add the "AcuraLink™ with real time traffic" to the TSX?
That's so they've got something to add to the 09 after they drop the turbo and SH-AWD in the 08.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Start post whoring!
Old 08-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Have camera, will travel

I think when you factor in the fact that the TSX is due for a FMC in '08, it's not surprising at all that no major changes are in the offing for '07. Why would you make substantial changes to a car set to be completely redone the following year? It's already a hot seller. Sounds like good business sense to me.

They're gearing up for the big one in '08. And FWIW, I couldn't give a rats ass about Mp3 capability. Just my
Old 08-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Advanced

So is the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) integrated into the LCD screen of the
navigation?

Are these things even accurate?
Old 08-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Pre-Registered Member

Received 246 Likes on 150 Posts
Originally Posted by dipkat
That's it ??? What's wrong with Acura? Still no standard MP3 capability in Audio system. ??? Almost every friggin' car I know can play MP3 CD's. !!!
That's my biggest problem with the TSX, my secretary's Element can play them, and my TSX cannot.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Pro

how does Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) works??? like they have a sensor inside the rims or something?? anyone can explain?
Old 08-04-2006, 04:15 PM
rb1
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by PWPTSX
how does Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) works??? like they have a sensor inside the rims or something?? anyone can explain?
I always wondered that myself, but it turns out that it's quite ingenious and simple at the same time.

They use the anti-lock brake technology to monitor the rotational rate of the wheels. A flat tire is "smaller" than a full one, so it will rotate faster than the other wheels.

Voila! Your ABS system now also becomes a low-tire pressure detector.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by rb1
I always wondered that myself, but it turns out that it's quite ingenious and simple at the same time.

They use the anti-lock brake technology to monitor the rotational rate of the wheels. A flat tire is "smaller" than a full one, so it will rotate faster than the other wheels.

That sounds like a simple software upgrade. I hope they will offer upgrade to the 06 models.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:58 PM
jpt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AamirCWITR
I am pretty sure its because they are trying to team up with Apple.
I don't think so -- the CD player in the new Civic supports data CDs. I'll bet that the TSX will too in '08. A real MP3 player (i.e. one with a hard drive and good playlist management features) is so, so much better though -- I'd honestly rather ditch the CD changer entirely in exchange for working (and good) iPod linkage (well, it actually doesn't matter much to me because I have an even better aftermarket solution, but since it is no longer being produced it's not an option for everyone, and it's not a long term solution either as it's getting more and more difficult to install aftermarket head units in cars).
Old 08-04-2006, 06:59 PM
jpt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sidssp
That sounds like a simple software upgrade. I hope they will offer upgrade to the 06 models.
Dream on. Car electronics aren't nearly that general-purpose (yet) -- you'd need a lot of new electronics.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:32 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Acura never listen to the consumers!!! freaking sad.....
Old 08-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Advanced

???

I spoke to a salesman yesterday and he told me that there have been no "official" announcements about the 07 TSX as of yet and any information is at this point just speculation. So how do we know that any of the information from this post has any credibility at all?

Interestingly, the salesman mentioned that there will be a 2-dr convertible TSX released midyear.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by PWPTSX
About 10yrs ago when I when to a test drive session for Corvette's, their newly introduced tire pressure monitor was a fairly large sensor attached to the inside rim by a steel band.

I don't think you could use tire rotation to detect it, as if all tires lost air at the same time, I'm not sure the computer would seem any differences in tire rotation speed.

Jeff
Old 08-07-2006, 04:09 AM
Intermediate

So how do we know that any of the information from this post has any credibility at all?
the original post came from temple of vtec ....
Old 08-07-2006, 08:21 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I spoke to a salesman yesterday and he told me that there have been no "official" announcements about the 07 TSX as of yet and any information is at this point just speculation. So how do we know that any of the information from this post has any credibility at all?

Interestingly, the salesman mentioned that there will be a 2-dr convertible TSX released midyear.
Many car salesmen don't know a damn thing about anything and just say things to get you to buy.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:36 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by rb1

Not the Acura system.

The TPMS system that Acura uses consists of a set of 4 RFID tagged valve stems with integrated tire pressure monitors and a control unit. The control unit output is integrated into the cars MID. The individual monitors report back the specific tire pressure at each wheel to the control unit which then determines where the signal is coming from and then displays the information on the MID. Much more sophisticated than the ABS system you referred to and much more accurate.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:39 AM
TSX

Old 08-07-2006, 12:03 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,546 Likes on 1,201 Posts
I have the ghetto version of the 07 TPMS on my 06 TSX for $17.99+shipping. I have it on my 97 Accord also and it work A-OK (so far). They are not as noticable on the tire as you would think.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:15 PM
rb1
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Not the Acura system.

The TPMS system that Acura uses consists of a set of 4 RFID tagged valve stems with integrated tire pressure monitors and a control unit. The control unit output is integrated into the cars MID. The individual monitors report back the specific tire pressure at each wheel to the control unit which then determines where the signal is coming from and then displays the information on the MID. Much more sophisticated than the ABS system you referred to and much more accurate.
Interesting. Is there a link to any more details?

I wonder if this one requires reprogramming when the tires are rotated.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by rb1
Interesting. Is there a link to any more details?

I wonder if this one requires reprogramming when the tires are rotated.
Nope. When you rotate the tires, the control unit checks for the locations of the RFID tags and adjusts the display accordingly.

And sorry, no link. I was in the service bay chatting with an Acura technician who was installing the units on an RL getting new A-Spec wheels.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Not the Acura system.

The systems that rb1 alludes to are called "passive" systems. They're to tire monitoring like dashboard idiot lights are to oil pressure - by the time they light up, it's too late. Besides that, you could have two or four totally flat tires on your car and never know it with those systems.

Acura's system (I have an Odyssey Touring, and had an 06 TL loaner last month) is "active/direct". CGTSX2004 describes it correctly. There's a display on the dashboard MID that shows the pressures of all four tires in real time. They're dead on accurate. I've confirmed ±0.5 psi with my AccuGage a number of times. And yes, when you rotate the tires, the system automatically knows which wheel is on which rim. Great for telling you when the tire pressures haven't been checked after the garage rotates your tires!
Old 08-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Advanced

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=593069

TL
A significantly upgraded TL will debut in fall 2006. Additional information regarding the TL will become available on 9/1/06.

Significant minor model change

Powertain enhancements

Restyled exterior

New interior refinements

Additional technology features

MDX
The all-new 2007 Acura MDX will debut in fall 2006. Additional information regarding MDX will appear on 9/1/06

Full model change

Well, at least we've got a date for "additional info"!

can't wait!!