06 TSX radio/aux help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007 | 02:56 AM
Illegal User

06 TSX radio/aux help!

hi all! this is my first post and any help's appreciated..

i'm using a 2006 Accord JDM which is the same as the TSX and need some help on the stock HU.
i want to be able to play my iPod via the aux input which i know exists because there's a CD/Aux button on the HU. i've been browsing through various forums and right now it seems like i need a converter (SN3Hond and the like). my car is non-navi equipped and only plays single CD (no changer).

so before i decide to take the plunge, i need to clarify some things..

1. WHERE exactly is the Aux input in the 2006 Accord JDM (Acura TSX) and what do i need to remove (if any) to access it?

2. I've heard using the converter disables the XM radio. What is XM radio exactly? And why would Honda place a prominent Aux button on the HU if using it meant disabling the XM radio??

yep pretty trivial questions but can any gearheads here help a brother out?
Old 02-05-2007 | 03:28 AM
my acura sanctuary

ikaruga
in the 2006 TSX the ipod input (auxillary input) is inside the center console storage bin-nothing to remove just open the console door. once open, there is a round dust cover over the input port..... it uses a 3.5mm audio cable. . I have no idea about the JDM accord.
Old 02-05-2007 | 08:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Where are you / exactly what car do you have? If you're not in north america, XM has nothing to do with you. So are you in Europe / Japan / Aus, or US or Canada / the islands as it sounds?

Which accord do you have? Type-S? Euro? Euro-R?

There are people on here from all over the world and can help you with your specific model. Most of us are TSX guys of course, but we do have a bit of international support here.
Old 02-05-2007 | 11:41 AM
2006 ASM tsx

i think for an ipod.. usaspec.. or music link. any kind of those ipod adapters are the best... personally i have the music link.. and they give u some software to put on ur ipod so that u can search thru ur music with the HU.. however the usaspec and neo adapter.. dont lock up the screen so u could still scroll through. whatever works for you.. but definitely i would go that route rather aux cable.. [thats old school and good for other mp3 players/dvd players.]
Old 02-05-2007 | 11:56 AM
Illegal User

Originally Posted by Reach
Where are you / exactly what car do you have? If you're not in north america, XM has nothing to do with you. So are you in Europe / Japan / Aus, or US or Canada / the islands as it sounds?

Which accord do you have? Type-S? Euro? Euro-R?

There are people on here from all over the world and can help you with your specific model. Most of us are TSX guys of course, but we do have a bit of international support here.
i'm actually from singapore and i imported the Accord directly from Honda Japan. so i'd assume the vehicle i have is the original Honda Accord JDM from japan. i'm not clear are there any internal differences between the Accord JDM and TSX but exterior wise they're practically identical.

i think for an ipod.. usaspec.. or music link. any kind of those ipod adapters are the best... personally i have the music link.. and they give u some software to put on ur ipod so that u can search thru ur music with the HU.. however the usaspec and neo adapter.. dont lock up the screen so u could still scroll through. whatever works for you.. but definitely i would go that route rather aux cable.. [thats old school and good for other mp3 players/dvd players.]
i did consider the music link option as well BUT from what i understand from the official music link website, the music link is incompatible with 2006 and below TSX models (http://musiclink.acura.com/Comp_Veh.html). Also, i *think* only navi equipped cars are able to use the music link option, but i may be wrong.
Old 02-05-2007 | 12:49 PM
Senior Moderator

There are several users on here from Singapore. I hope they come in to help.

The aux input to the headunit is on the underside of the HU itself, behind your center storage pocket just below the radio. Any of the aux in products will work for you, you can plug them in there. They will still work if you don't have navi.

If you have a TSX style aux input already, it would be inside the bottom armrest compartment as subdued said.

I'm still not exactly sure which accord you have. I didn't know they made a 'base' accord in japan that wasn't the Euro-R, which would have a badge on the back of it that said so. Is your car RHD? Maybe a picture of the tail and interior radio / drivers area would sort it out.
Old 02-05-2007 | 01:00 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Originally Posted by ikaruga11
i'm actually from singapore and i imported the Accord directly from Honda Japan. so i'd assume the vehicle i have is the original Honda Accord JDM from japan. i'm not clear are there any internal differences between the Accord JDM and TSX but exterior wise they're practically identical.

i did consider the music link option as well BUT from what i understand from the official music link website, the music link is incompatible with 2006 and below TSX models (http://musiclink.acura.com/Comp_Veh.html). Also, i *think* only navi equipped cars are able to use the music link option, but i may be wrong.
Music Link Sucks. In my area they are pulling as many out of cars as we put in. Acura has practically agreed to do this under warranty due to software issues.
Old 02-05-2007 | 01:46 PM
Drifting

just because you have the CD/AUX button doesn't mean that you actually have a factory aux input, if you don't see a plug in your centre armrest then you'll have to go the USA Spec route, or something similar...
Old 02-05-2007 | 01:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Sorry, wrong forum. Please post the question again in the "Video & Audio" forum.

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/