An '06 Navi question for our Canadian bretheren

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question An '06 Navi question for our Canadian bretheren

We're going to drive our '06 through Ontario (Windsor and Toronto), Quebec (Quebec City), New Brunswick (St. John) and Nova Scotia (Digby, Yarmouth, Sydney, Halifax, the Cabot Drive and Ft. Louisbourg) this summer and I'm trying to decide if adding the Canadian DVD makes sense for our trip.

After consulting the manual, entering Canadian addresses into my system, searching threads here, and looking at the Acura USA and Acura Canada websites, it looks like about the only major destination from our itinerary missing from the White Label (Ver 4.31) is Quebec City. Is that the case? (From what I know of Quebec City, it seems like an area where Navi could easily prove its worth!)

This leads to a second question: the website and manual are vague about switching between the White Label and the (Orange or Gray -- I forget which) Canadian DVD -- there are clear warnings about trying to go back to an earlier version but nothing specific about any dangers in switching between editions. Any thoughts?
Old 05-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Casey1994
We're going to drive our '06 through Ontario (Windsor and Toronto), Quebec (Quebec City), New Brunswick (St. John) and Nova Scotia (Digby, Yarmouth, Sydney, Halifax, the Cabot Drive and Ft. Louisbourg) this summer and I'm trying to decide if adding the Canadian DVD makes sense for our trip.

After consulting the manual, entering Canadian addresses into my system, searching threads here, and looking at the Acura USA and Acura Canada websites, it looks like about the only major destination from our itinerary missing from the White Label (Ver 4.31) is Quebec City. Is that the case? (From what I know of Quebec City, it seems like an area where Navi could easily prove its worth!)

This leads to a second question: the website and manual are vague about switching between the White Label and the (Orange or Gray -- I forget which) Canadian DVD -- there are clear warnings about trying to go back to an earlier version but nothing specific about any dangers in switching between editions. Any thoughts?
congrats to another Royal Blue Pearl owner!

sorry, i don't have anything to offer to your posted question, just wanted to say hellow to another RBP owner!
Old 05-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Pro

Heya Casey1994!

I cannot 100% answer your question, since i do not own a TSX, however i believe that the Canadian DVD (if there is a separate navi for .ca and .us) will be very useful to you. All major cities are all there, including Quebec city, Toronto, etc.

Please wait for another member to confirm as i am not 100000000% sure. However if you are doing a road trip, you MUST visit Montréal (aka the best city in North America). It's a piece of Europe in North America!
Old 05-13-2006, 01:51 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tintin
Heya Casey1994!

I cannot 100% answer your question, since i do not own a TSX, however i believe that the Canadian DVD (if there is a separate navi for .ca and .us) will be very useful to you. All major cities are all there, including Quebec city, Toronto, etc.

Please wait for another member to confirm as i am not 100000000% sure. However if you are doing a road trip, you MUST visit Montréal (aka the best city in North America). It's a piece of Europe in North America!
the best city in NA? that's a bold statement my friend. a bold, bold statement.

tons of fun, and worth a visit, but cmon, nyc man
Old 05-13-2006, 07:42 AM
Instructor

If you can't get your navi to cover Quebec City then you better be able to speak Francais......you won't get any help with directions unless you do !
Old 05-13-2006, 11:55 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the input -- one other question: if I do get the Canadian DVD, will the Navi voice begin adding 'eh' to most of its utterances -- and in Quebec might she begin to sound like Genevieve Bujold??? (a guy can hope, after all!!)
Old 05-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Canuck

I never knew there was a Canadian DVD. Aside from the voice having a french option, i thought the DVD was for north america and not separated between US and Canada?

FYI, your not missing much if you pass on Quebec City.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:33 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Originally Posted by Casey1994
Thanks for the input -- one other question: if I do get the Canadian DVD, will the Navi voice begin adding 'eh' to most of its utterances -- and in Quebec might she begin to sound like Genevieve Bujold??? (a guy can hope, after all!!)
Take off, eh. Ya hoser.
This was brought up in a previous thread , but I still wish that the French Canadian voice would spit out "tabernac!!" when you missed a turn.