05 or 06 TSX??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 08:11 PM
First US '06 TSX on board

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by otokoyama
I think the 05 looks better, but the improvements in HP is hard not to consider in the 06 model. I don't think you'll save that much compared to it....especially if you factor in paying for the car over a 4-5 year period. A few bucks a month?

I would however, dump those rims. UGLY as hell.....get some A-spec rims or something.
The whole thing, redesign and wheels, look much better in person than in photos.

Old 11-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Yui
Pro

Funny, so do I =)
Old 11-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Yui
Pro

Originally Posted by markcoburn
The whole thing, redesign and wheels, look much better in person than in photos.
Funny, so do I =)
Old 11-17-2005, 10:01 PM
3rd Gear

I don't like the rims on the 06.. they look like plastic
Old 11-17-2005, 11:18 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should definitely not pay anywhere near MSRP

The bottom line is, about 4 weeks ago, i look at some 2005s. Princeton Acura in NJ, do not even bother talking to them. They are car snobs and will be selling above MSRP. I'm in Jersey by NYC, so i have lots of dealerships to talk to. There's 5 within driving distance, one in manhattan one in long island, west chester, and then i can always go to Pennsylvania. But, one deal made none of that necessary. I went 15 miles from my home, to get this offer:

2006 Royal Blue Automatic with Navi (the woman refuses to get the Manual, which i can only imagine the fun it would be )

$27,500 including destination. PA sales tax: 6% = $1650. Registration = $200. Documentation fee = $189. 29539. Thats not even at the MSRP including tax, tags, and titles and all fees. i'm considering the underbody kit. i'm gonna try to get a few freebies, like wheel locks, floor mats, cargo net, anything i might get thrown in there.

shop around, be patient, and just let them know you're serious about buying it. most places will only tell you "msrp" on the phone. but they are all reasonable.

if you reason with them: "listen, i'm buying the vehicle somewhere, and i'm going to get a good price on it, so tell me what you can do to get me to come there and put a deposit at your dealership"

if you plan on buying accessories, let them know, because they are making cash on those babies, so they'll not mind knocking off price on the car.

and if they have half a brain, they'll jump at the opportunity, especially if you're one of their first, because you'll go on acura websites and tell everyone that they have to go to that dealer!

Springfield Acura in NJ is my place, Alex Paczos is the salesman that was so wonderful to deal with. The internet sales manager was great also, i think it's John Mallocone (spelling might be off, i dont have his card here.

Happy shopping all!

Originally Posted by z06girl
STL,
My assumption on paying MSRP for the 2006 model could have been wrong. But there's no need to be so crazy about it. The demand for the 2006 model will be very high, especially during the first month or so. Perhaps you're a good negociator, so in that way you disagree with me. If I'm indeed wrong, a simple "I disagree... because etc.," would do.
Am I really blatantly wrong... I'm sure there's alot of folks who paid for MSRP during the first month 2005 debut.
Anyway, I apologize if you can get it under MSRP.... after all, I was just trying to help the guy.

BTW, thank you DOM for commenting. I really appreciate it.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:54 AM
10th Gear

Wow thats a good deal. I'm going to contact them this weekend, hoping to get a similar offer.. Do they have them in stock? And is the doc fee bogus, or is that something we can all look to pay?

I'd be interested to know what accessories you were able to get thrown in...

Originally Posted by bradykp
The bottom line is, about 4 weeks ago, i look at some 2005s. Princeton Acura in NJ, do not even bother talking to them. They are car snobs and will be selling above MSRP. I'm in Jersey by NYC, so i have lots of dealerships to talk to. There's 5 within driving distance, one in manhattan one in long island, west chester, and then i can always go to Pennsylvania. But, one deal made none of that necessary. I went 15 miles from my home, to get this offer:

2006 Royal Blue Automatic with Navi (the woman refuses to get the Manual, which i can only imagine the fun it would be )

$27,500 including destination. PA sales tax: 6% = $1650. Registration = $200. Documentation fee = $189. 29539. Thats not even at the MSRP including tax, tags, and titles and all fees. i'm considering the underbody kit. i'm gonna try to get a few freebies, like wheel locks, floor mats, cargo net, anything i might get thrown in there.

shop around, be patient, and just let them know you're serious about buying it. most places will only tell you "msrp" on the phone. but they are all reasonable.

if you reason with them: "listen, i'm buying the vehicle somewhere, and i'm going to get a good price on it, so tell me what you can do to get me to come there and put a deposit at your dealership"

if you plan on buying accessories, let them know, because they are making cash on those babies, so they'll not mind knocking off price on the car.

and if they have half a brain, they'll jump at the opportunity, especially if you're one of their first, because you'll go on acura websites and tell everyone that they have to go to that dealer!

Springfield Acura in NJ is my place, Alex Paczos is the salesman that was so wonderful to deal with. The internet sales manager was great also, i think it's John Mallocone (spelling might be off, i dont have his card here.

Happy shopping all!
Old 11-18-2005, 09:23 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Doc Fee....

Originally Posted by pyc103
Wow thats a good deal. I'm going to contact them this weekend, hoping to get a similar offer.. Do they have them in stock? And is the doc fee bogus, or is that something we can all look to pay?

I'd be interested to know what accessories you were able to get thrown in...
I think the doc fee is something they charge everyone. They are going to try and sell you that anti theft etching for $190 also, but the guy was upfront telling me it does save you money on comprehensive, but it's also useless, and i believe you get discounts for airbags, antilock breaks, etc, up to 25%, so this thing doesn't add anything.

I'm considering the underbody kit, but it's $1995 plus tax including installation, seems a bit steep especially since i dont even know if i like it. i'm not changing the wheels, though down the line i might. i figure i can probably get things like the wheel locks thrown in, nothign special, but 50 bucks here, 100 bucks there...etc, if not i'm at least bargaining them down on the price.

i definitely want this deal closed, because i'm antsy about the price, but i'll be telling everyone i know to go there once it's official.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:52 AM
Just dial 1911

I think the doc fee is something they charge everyone.
Not if you tell them not to. I paid tax, title & license...Thats it.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:12 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by joerockt
Not if you tell them not to. I paid tax, title & license...Thats it.
and what was your price before TTL?

i'm saying at springfield acura, i think the doc fee is something they aren't budging on, cause they gave me such an obscene price. like i said, i'm gonna ask for about 100-200 worth of accessories, and it'll cover the doc fee.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Just dial 1911

$27,100 w/navi...04 BTW, sorry I didnt specify before...
Old 11-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Still Lovin my 06

not sure

Originally Posted by joerockt
$27,100 w/navi...04 BTW, sorry I didnt specify before...

not sure how to compare, since i dunno what the 04 prices where, but i got 27,500 w/navi, which the guesses of the invoice price means i'm $250 over invoice. of course, i have to pay taxes, title, and license, and then $189 doc fee, so let's add the doc fee to my price, and i'm $440 over invoice. i'm still happy.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Just dial 1911

not sure how to compare, since i dunno what the 04 prices where, but i got 27,500 w/navi, which the guesses of the invoice price means i'm $250 over invoice. of course, i have to pay taxes, title, and license, and then $189 doc fee, so let's add the doc fee to my price, and i'm $440 over invoice. i'm still happy.
Yea, thats an awesome deal for a brand new model. Good work man.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:12 PM

You should be happy. Looks good.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by TSXgurlRACER
I don't like the rims on the 06.. they look like plastic
Hay! That's my wife's car your talking about...

I'd recommend seeing them in person. I suggested to my wife that we swap them out. The dealer had everything from all the Acura options (including a-specs) to PIAA and MOMO, but in person she thought the new ones looked fine. I thought that I was going to have force a swap, but in person I had to agree that they have a high-tech classy look to them that goes well with the car.

Those of us who are looking for more of a "Tuner" look, would likely want to replace any 17" with something more agressive.

By the way, I look much worse in person.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:20 PM
3rd Gear

Hay! That's my wife's car your talking about...

I'd recommend seeing them in person. I suggested to my wife that we swap them out. The dealer had everything from all the Acura options (including a-specs) to PIAA and MOMO, but in person she thought the new ones looked fine. I thought that I was going to have force a swap, but in person I had to agree that they have a high-tech classy look to them that goes well with the car.

Those of us who are looking for more of a "Tuner" look, would likely want to replace any 17" with something more agressive.

By the way, I look much worse in person.
ummm sorry i wasn't meaning to make it sound bad towards ur wife..just saying ACURA could have done better... MY BAD... but hey u got that for her as a gift?.. how thas great....hope she has Fun with it.. she's LUCKY!