****urgent Help****

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
****urgent Help****

Have To Meet A Dealer Tomorrow. Dealer Says I Need To Deposit Some Money, 500 Usd And Car Will Be There In 3 Days, Guaranteed.

1. We Have Agreed On An Out The Door Price.
2. Delear Says Apr Will Be Offered Only After The Buyer's Paperwork.
3. I Know The Bottomline On Apr That I Am Willing To Offer.

Questions;

1. If After Signing The Understanding And Giving A Deposit, I Do Not Agree On The Apr, Will I Still Be Able To Walk Out?
2. How Should I Make Sure That I Get The Money Back If I M Not Convinced After They Tell Me The Apr
3. Whar Care Should I Take To Get This Deal

Thanks.****URGENT HELP********URGENT HELP****
Old 01-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Advanced

I wouldn't sign anything, or give any money to anyone, unless everything is known and agreed upon - APR included.

When all the ducks are in a row and everything is known; draw up the contract (which I believe has APR in it), sign the deal, drop the deposit, and wait for delivery...in that order.

My
Old 01-13-2005, 06:59 PM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i had actually dropped a $500 deposit to hold my car for 3 days (that's what the internet sales guy said) but when I got there, he told me that he never even charged my car. dunno if that helps any...
Old 01-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Instructor

The dealer just needs your credit information to provide you with the APR. Visit the dealer and provide him all this info and tell him, you will put down a deposit right away if he comes back with a decent APR.

I wouldnt recommend signing any papers at all.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:14 PM
New CG tsx owner

he should be able to give you the apr rate before you agree to buy it, so i agree with everyone above, don't sign anything until you get all the numbers final. also, when i put my thousand dollars down to get my car from another dealer, they never actually took the payment, they asked for it when i picked up my car and payed for the whole thing. good luck.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CgTsX808
he should be able to give you the apr rate before you agree to buy it, so i agree with everyone above, don't sign anything until you get all the numbers final. also, when i put my thousand dollars down to get my car from another dealer, they never actually took the payment, they asked for it when i picked up my car and payed for the whole thing. good luck.

All replies sound like words of wisdom. It will save me tomorrow. Thanks all!
Old 01-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Racer

Ask the dealer if the deposit is refundable under any circumstances. It should be but you should find out to make sure. Before I bought my car I needed to put down $500 even before the car arrived in order to reserve it, and I didn't think twice about putting the deposit down because I knew I could always walk out.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes, deposit must be refundable and you better know your apr before you sign it.

your otd includes tax and licensing right? If i were you, i wouldn't deal otd price but only the car itself for now.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:58 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by n3ok318
yes, deposit must be refundable and you better know your apr before you sign it.

your otd includes tax and licensing right? If i were you, i wouldn't deal otd price but only the car itself for now.

Yes, we have agreed on the out the door price including applicable Tax (6%), all legal and documentation, prep fees. Thanks for the input.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Racer

Get pre-approved.......

Lendingtree.
or eloans.com

I went in with a preapproval from eloans. that way they cant fuck with your apr. sometimes they will try to give you a shitty apr, so their lender can make money. But if you walk in there like i did with a 4.27 apr loan, then they might offer you a better APR, just to get your business finance wise..
Old 01-14-2005, 08:16 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pandimus
Get pre-approved.......

Lendingtree.
or eloans.com

I went in with a preapproval from eloans. that way they cant fuck with your apr. sometimes they will try to give you a shitty apr, so their lender can make money. But if you walk in there like i did with a 4.27 apr loan, then they might offer you a better APR, just to get your business finance wise..
I agree, dealers hate when your prepared and have a rate. I walk in tell them I will pay 1$ over invoice no destination fees and I have funding. Go from there.