New Goodyear ComforTred and TripleTred

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 12:45 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
New Goodyear ComforTred and TripleTred

Has anyone tried these on their car? Are they even available yet? I've been considering getting a set of the ComforTred next year, based on some reviews that I've read from auto publications.
http://www.goodyearassurance.ca

I might even get them sooner because it just snowed here and my old tires are crap.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
They are for sale in the US, dunno about Canada, but would assume so.

From what I've heard they are VERY nice tires and worth the price.

In fact, I'm tempted to switch over to those next year.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have two for sale if you guys want em. from what i drove on them (less than 500 miles) they were great, mostly dry conditions, i can't remmber wet, but don't remember anything bad either so, no complaints. they are 80K tires, so i think they are worth the value. oh, these were very quiet tires, the number one reason by i bought them for allseason.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:08 AM
LDH
I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to try those tripletred tires Since I'll need new tires within a month or so. I was going to go with Yokohama Avid H4s or Avid Touring but now I'm unsure.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I too was interested in this tire...specifically because it is quiet and smooth, and designed for luxury vehicle use. However, after reading some reviews I'm not so sure these are the best choice.

SUPPOSEDLY, these tires (paradoxicaly) tend to quiver on smooth asphalt surfaces (even though they absorb huge potholes with ease) and can make the steering feel a little light. Reviewer went on to say that Michelin MXV4 Enery PLus or whatever was a better overall tire - this is the tire I have.

I'm REALLy impressed with these (michelin) tires having put around 25k on them. They are reasonable quiet, very smooth, but most of all, provide OUTSTANDING wet weather, snow, and ice traction - ive driven multiple times through them all and although I'v tried repeatedly, I've never been able to induce my TL to skid in inclemtn whether with these things. My accord in comparision on yokohamas, will happily whip its tail out in the most simple of manuevers. I can't commment on dry weather traction with michelins, because don't hustle my TL too much aruonf town, but dry weather traction seems to be at least accpetable if not good.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Best tires I've had on my car (came with the TL when I bought it) were Dunlop Sport tires. Very good overall, not too noisy and good grip. They wore out too fast though

So now I'm using some crummy high mileage tires but I'll probably trade the wheels/tires off of my '03 TL.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Best tires I've had on my car (came with the TL when I bought it) were Dunlop Sport tires. Very good overall, not too noisy and good grip. They wore out too fast though

So now I'm using some crummy high mileage tires but I'll probably trade the wheels/tires off of my '03 TL.
DANG ken....an 03 as well...life must be nice in oregon....never seen pics of that car. POST SOME. Sorry for going a lil off topic....feel free to "edit" my post!...just wonderin how the two (97 and 03) compare in your opinion.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by vishnus11
DANG ken....an 03 as well...life must be nice in oregon....never seen pics of that car. POST SOME. Sorry for going a lil off topic....feel free to "edit" my post!...just wonderin how the two (97 and 03) compare in your opinion.
Oh its cool. I keep the '03 in storage for long trips and I somewhat share the car with my folks (they're retired) and they use it when they take cross country trips as well. We basically split the costs but its in my name.

I LIKE the '03's handling better (its a base not Type S) as it has less body roll. Ride is about the same and body is a bit tighter. I DO like my '97's sound system better than the BOSE in the '03. The leather is nice in both cars, the seat heaters work better in the '03. I DO NOT like the cheap black plastic in the '03 Thankfully my '97 has lots of wood (added REAL wood to replace the plastic wood)

Now.. one thing I DO like about the '03.. it gets about 32 mpg on REGULAR gas with no problems. Damn that 5th gear
Old 12-11-2004, 02:51 AM

Thanks guys...so some reviewers have said bad things about them? I believe the tires have a 30-day money back guarantee. I'll have to look into that more carefully if it means exchange or refund. Anyway, I won't have the money for these until May or June.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by whatwasthat
i have two for sale if you guys want em. from what i drove on them (less than 500 miles) they were great, mostly dry conditions, i can't remmber wet, but don't remember anything bad either so, no complaints. they are 80K tires, so i think they are worth the value. oh, these were very quiet tires, the number one reason by i bought them for allseason.
Why are you selling them?
Old 12-11-2004, 03:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by youngTL
Thanks guys...so some reviewers have said bad things about them? I believe the tires have a 30-day money back guarantee. I'll have to look into that more carefully if it means exchange or refund. Anyway, I won't have the money for these until May or June.
No tire is perfect, they are ALL compromises but I'd say these are the best for what you're looking for.