CV Joint/ or something more

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 03:21 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face CV Joint/ or something more

First of all, i have a 97 acura tl. Im pretty sure my cv joint(s) (if thats what its called is bad. Probably it seeems on both sides, when making turns (either right or left) there is a 'clicking'. Is there anything else that it MAY be. Also it seems just recently, and not all the time, for instance on a freeway merging on ramp that has a pretty definate curve, while accelerating out of the curve i swear i 'FEEL' a clucking? It just again happened this evening while decelertating around a curve. Please help. Hope i havnt sounded really confusing.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 85 Posts
Get your CV shaft replaced first and go from there.
The following users liked this post:
Princess Erin Elizabeth (10-16-2012)
Old 10-16-2012, 06:19 PM
5th Gear

quick update, just picked it up from shop being diagnosed. they say i need the whole axle shaft? is thatt the same thing, i just cant imagine that is whats wrongwith it, ive had axle problems in the past (diff car) and i could TOTALLY tell something was wrong, this is simply ticking.

also on a differant subject, it seems one of mytires has a slow leak, if i put fixaflat in it will it seal.? lol, sorry for all these questions but the only mechanic that i ever trusted with any of my cars is now gone, im going crazy
Old 10-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yes, it would be more cost effective to replace the whole CV half shaft rather than repairing just the joint itself. To answer your other question, I woul not use that stuff in my tires as it will get rather messy. Just take it to a reputable tire shop and have them patch or plug the source of leak.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:42 PM
5th Gear

ok, so i need both sides, a lil costly , clearly i am in the wrong business. haha..as for tires i dont know what the heck is wrong , its the 'ride' thats got me all messed up, it seems like im feeling every lil bump, rock or whatever in the rode as if the tire is flat, you know the noise and feeling u feel, as well as the ride feels a lil wobbly. im probably not explaining this right, could that be from the axle shaft or .....?
Old 10-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

The harsh ride could be a number of things from overly inflated tires to struts. Depending on location, the shafts should be more or less $150 parts & labor per side.