A bit of appreciation for TEXAS HONDA

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A bit of appreciation for TEXAS HONDA

I was just reading through another forum member's problem w/ overheating and saw that Texas Honda had a spot on differential diagnosis of the problem and it reminded me that I have used his suggestions several times in maintenance/problem solving w/ my own car. His advice is always clear and helpful rather than vague and derisive as some here can be. Anyway props to you sir for your good input in this forum and saving me some cash.
Maybe you could share a bit where your Honda knowledge was gotten?
Old 11-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. It's rewarding to have positive feedback on the value of suggestions. A kind word is the only pay you get for responding, and feed back (good or bad) is rare and welcome.

I gained most of my knowledge the hard way, as a DIY'r of many years. I have owned two Honda Accords (still have one of them) and now have a 2.5 TL and my daughter has a 2.2CL (which I maintain). I've come to appreciate the finer points of Hondas/Acuras. They're not perfect but a good blend of reliability and ease of maintenance.

regards
Old 11-16-2008, 12:58 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasHonda
Thanks for the kind words. It's rewarding to have positive feedback on the value of suggestions. A kind word is the only pay you get for responding, and feed back (good or bad) is rare and welcome.

I gained most of my knowledge the hard way, as a DIY'r of many years. I have owned two Honda Accords (still have one of them) and now have a 2.5 TL and my daughter has a 2.2CL (which I maintain). I've come to appreciate the finer points of Hondas/Acuras. They're not perfect but a good blend of reliability and ease of maintenance.

regards
That is pretty impressive that you were able to glean so much practical expertise from 3 Hondas. I would have put money down that you were a mechanic by profession. No doubt you've worked on a lot of other cars before. I've had work done by several "Honda trained technicians" that either could not figure out or explain stuff you have here.
Yeah, I keep thinking about getting rid of the ol' 2.5 TL since I have my CL-S6 and my wife a Lexus SUV, but the 2.5 is so reliable, comfy, easy to drive and gets 24mpg that it actually gets driven the most by far. This baby sees about 400 miles a week. I guess I'll keep the dang thing, and with your help, for who knows how long?! Thanks again.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:58 AM
BLUE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree - TexasHonda's responses are reliable

TexasHonda - I'm an infrequent user of the forum, but when I search issues that have your responses included, they are received with a level of trust I give few others. Thanks.

I'm planning on retiring my '96 3.2 TL in 2-3 years (after 250K miles). Since I expect to have some problems during that time, I hope you continue to participe in the 1st gen TL forum until then. I plan to replace my TL with an Honda Accord. Is there an Accord forum you use? Are you TexasHonda on that forum too?
Old 11-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluish
TexasHonda - I'm an infrequent user of the forum, but when I search issues that have your responses included, they are received with a level of trust I give few others. Thanks.

I'm planning on retiring my '96 3.2 TL in 2-3 years (after 250K miles). Since I expect to have some problems during that time, I hope you continue to participe in the 1st gen TL forum until then. I plan to replace my TL with an Honda Accord. Is there an Accord forum you use? Are you TexasHonda on that forum too?
I participate in hondaaccordforum.com w/ same name.

Thanks