radio wiring diagram?? please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
radio wiring diagram?? please help

trying to find the wiring diagram since the last owner cut up the stock one.... please can someone link me or tell me what is what!! thank you
Old 03-06-2008, 11:45 PM
Advanced

still need it
Old 03-07-2008, 07:18 AM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Damn, 5 minutes later, haha. Anyhow, if you get a Metra kit for Hondas, it has the diagram. They're all the same. Only difference is that the small blue connector with the green wires is for the overhead mid-ranges which are 8 Ohm, not 4 like the rest of the speakers. You will need an inline resistor to get those working properly. I posted part numbers and pictures in another thread.

~Cheers~
Old 03-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Advanced

sorry about the post i thought i found it but it was for an alarm system so i edited the last post...hahaha
Old 01-30-2018, 01:09 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, since everything I found on the internet about the wiring colors for the stock head * in my 1997 Acura 3.2 TL was wrong, and I decided to test and confirm each one from scratch, let me share what I know. The unit is Acura stock, but technically it's a Matsushita model 39100-SW5.

There are two harnesses: (1) a main one and (2) a four-conductor light blue one which is for the two speakers on each side of the dome light. When you unplug the head and look at the harness with wires facing *away* from you, the harness plugs look something like this. X denotes blanks and ░ is a space in the harness.

- - x ░ - - ░ - - -
- - - - ░ - x - -

In order from left to right, top row of diagram is all negative polarity:
Black heavy gauge
Black
Peach = Unknown
Blank
Grey/Black = Left Front -
Brown/Black = Right Front -
Grey/White = Left Rear -
Brown/White = Right Rear -

Bottom row of diagram is all positive polarity (again left to right on diagram):
Red/Green = Right Front +
Blue/Green = Left Front +
Black/Red = Illumination
Yellow/Green = 12V+
Yellow/White = 12V+ Ignition Switched
Blank
Blue/Yellow = Left Rear +
Red/Yellow = Right Rear +

The little blue harness is for the dome speakers. Only four wires:
Green/Orange = overhead dome Left -
Green/Red = overhead dome Left +
Green/Blue = overhead dome Right +
Solid Green = overhead dome Right -(I may have listed them in a different order but you can trust the colors.)

If you're running into trouble with those dome speakers: they're not tweeters and they can be wired to an aftermarket head -- which of course won't have separate outputs for them -- by splicing into the fronts, but you'll need a couple of 8 ohm resistors inline, or you'll have over dominant dome speakers that might blow. On several different threads @Go90go advocates this idea (and swapping the left and right so each ear hears what it should; brilliant). I did all of that, and it works great. Search the threads for "dome speakers".

By the way, you may have noticed on the main harness the speaker wires are arranged logically (front on one side, rear on the other, left on the inside, right on the outside, - on top, + on bottom). They also follow a matrix color scheme. The scheme doesn't apply to the blue harness.
Frnt/Rear R / L
BK / WH BN / GY -
GN / YL RD / BU +
My TL is a Canadian model, but I doubt that makes a difference. Hope this helps someone.

(*tagging with stereo audio radio deck diagram schematic - for better searching)
Old 01-30-2018, 01:16 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hm, some misbehaving text in my last post and that was my first post here, so I can't edit yet. The color matrix works like this with four columns. The first row is titles and the second row is color names.

[Frnt/Rear] [ R / L ]
[BK / WH] [BN / GY] ← negative -
[GN / YL] [RD / BU] ← positive +