Updated: Polished/Carputer

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Updated: Polished/Carputer

Well, here are some of the in progress/after pictures. You guys know that it is always an ongoing thing though.

First off is the carputer. I still have some work to do on the housing, but the screen is in, the computer is hooked up, and I finally got around to mounting the switch.

The headunit is just sort of hanging out in there right now. In a couple months it will be up for sale, and I'm going to get one with less features (and less expensive if I mess up soldering ) Why I am going to be soldering, is to relocate the faceplate here:

The switch: It switches the ignition line. It is hooked up so when the car turns on, the computer turns on, and when the car turns off, the computer turns off. I think I am going to hook it up to the fogs too for an added effect when I get out of the car.

The computer:

The power supply/startup/shutdown controller:

Now, for just some general exterior pictures. I'm really trying to get better at taking them, so I took a lot, but these are just some.

That's all for now
Old 09-14-2005, 03:25 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ilike the carputer man it really makes the dash look clean. And the pictures that you took look good I like the view of the wheel from the ground up. I think you need some after market wheels and some lowering springs. Other than that it is a very clean Acura
Old 09-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Racer

looks good
Old 09-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Safety Car

sweet
Old 09-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Instructor

Congrats man, looks really good
keep up the good work
Old 09-14-2005, 08:49 PM
Registered Driver

Originally Posted by mblackmarr
Ilike the carputer man it really makes the dash look clean. And the pictures that you took look good I like the view of the wheel from the ground up. I think you need some after market wheels and some lowering springs. Other than that it is a very clean Acura
I'd really like to, but the finances aren't there to do it. I wouldn't get rims without a drop (I think it looks weird/cheap/incomplete). Plus, I am thinking about getting a jetski instead next spring, instead of more money into the car. Never know though, I could probably pick up something used on the forums.

Sorry all the pictures are of the same side, just realized that. I drove it up into my yard real quick to snap them, since I had to get ready for school. I'll try to get some better ones (and the damage too )

I'm playing with the idea of taking my effed up back bumper, and fiberglassing my own lip on it. It couldn't hurt since I'm getting it replaced anyways.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:14 PM
2003 Acura MDX

I WANT A CARPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Im dead fucking serious I want one more than anything right now..

Did you just build a quick computer and stick it under the seat? I have 2 processors lying around here, and a video card, and some ram...

your rims are hot

the pictures you took fucking kick ass.

Is there any shop that can sell me the carputer and install it?
Where did you get it from?

YOU DA MAN!!! :-D
Old 09-14-2005, 09:14 PM
All about JDM

Why did you recess the screen so far into the dash? Its pretty damn cool either way though. good job.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:34 PM
Registered Driver

DJ: It is a compact computer, I can't remember the letters right now (Mini ITX maybe?). It has an integrated 1ghz processor on the motherboard (VIA M10000), a laptop hard drive (40gb), slim 512mb ram, and a slot load dvd drive. Parts and software (gps) cost me around $1,000, I haven't added it up for a more exact number. www.mp3car.com is a great place to start looking around if you are really interested. I got the case/hd/ram/dvd for $450, moniter was $300, power supply was $50, and then all the other smaller expenses.

Stock rims can look nice cleaned up

I bought the carputer new/used from a member on mp3car.com He had it, never installed it, and wanted to get rid of it. I got a great deal on it.

If you know your way with computers, building it is pretty easy, much like a desktop, just smaller/tighter areas. The biggest issues for me were wiring, and fabrication around the moniter.

I mounted it as far back as I did to help with glare issues (it is a problem the carputer scene is trying to overcome) and it gives me a nice spot to rest my hand too.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:34 PM
Racer

i know this is out of the subject but i notice that u have 141k miles on ur ride, what year is that?
Old 09-15-2005, 06:36 AM
Registered Driver

It's a 97, built in mid/late 96. Almost 16,000/year I think.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Looks great!
Old 09-16-2005, 09:38 AM
TL no more!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You suck!!! I don't mind something like this. But then again, I have the ghetto version of the carputer. I have an iPod and a PocketPC used as my little navi system.

The car looks awesome!! I just got my car back from the body shop for a new bumper and hood repairs. When I brought it home yesterday, I went ahead and waxed the car. It looks awesome!! I'll take some pics.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah, ive seen ya around mp3car. nice to see it done. thats nice..hott
Old 09-20-2005, 06:14 PM
Str8 Rida

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saaaaa_weeeet
Old 09-20-2005, 07:13 PM
2003 Acura MDX

Originally Posted by UnsanePyro
DJ: It is a compact computer, I can't remember the letters right now (Mini ITX maybe?). It has an integrated 1ghz processor on the motherboard (VIA M10000), a laptop hard drive (40gb), slim 512mb ram, and a slot load dvd drive. Parts and software (gps) cost me around $1,000, I haven't added it up for a more exact number. www.mp3car.com is a great place to start looking around if you are really interested. I got the case/hd/ram/dvd for $450, moniter was $300, power supply was $50, and then all the other smaller expenses.

Stock rims can look nice cleaned up

I bought the carputer new/used from a member on mp3car.com He had it, never installed it, and wanted to get rid of it. I got a great deal on it.

If you know your way with computers, building it is pretty easy, much like a desktop, just smaller/tighter areas. The biggest issues for me were wiring, and fabrication around the moniter.

I mounted it as far back as I did to help with glare issues (it is a problem the carputer scene is trying to overcome) and it gives me a nice spot to rest my hand too.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.
Im definitely gonna check it out...

I build alot of computers, thats why it interested me so much.