Spooky's 1998 Acura 2.5 TL

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spooky's 1998 Acura 2.5 TL

Well check out my Acura... Engine is a bit dirty, but thats what I get for putting so many miles on it (170,000 miles) and for driving everywhere, including in Arizona's dust storms... Also pardon the quality of the pictures, but they are scans... Hope you like them...

This is my 2.5 TL, side pic...

This is my 2.5 TL, stock intake...

This is my 2.5 TL at Weapon R...

This is my 2.5 TL getting its intake...

This is a picture of the intake already installed...

This is a picture of the Fuel Regulator...

Well, hope you like the pics of my TL... again, i know the engine is dirty, i'll clean it... someday... lol... i'll post more pics of my car later once i get a digi cam...
Old 09-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Banned

Looks good man. I like.
Old 09-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your shiny new intake definately needs a nice shiny engine? Buttdyno results in?
Old 09-19-2004, 07:37 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by UnsanePyro
Your shiny new intake definately needs a nice shiny engine? Buttdyno results in?

... i'll give it a polish / i'll wash it when i have a weekend off from work... i work everyday except sunday night which i use to sleep for monday... but yeah i totally agree on the shiny engine...

Dyno??? lol... there's this place in the city that i can take it to to dyno the car, but i think its ment for truckers... i'm not sure if they do cars... i'll go check it out... but before i do that i have to fix the injector leak i have right now... but ACURA PARTS DEPARTMENT isn't open on weekends... stupid dealership... so i'm going to have to go on monday morning at 7:30am when they open... unless anyone knows what Honda injectors does it use ??? so i can go to the Honda Dealership and get them there... oh, and don't forget everybody, well everybody with a 2.5 TL, we have Integra throttle body so anything made for an integra that concerns the throttle... the the billet throttle rotter, or the throttle cable... etc... it'll fit the 2.5!!! but I'll post the dyno test here when i get it...
Old 09-20-2004, 09:31 PM
Racer

Mad props homie...imma have to send mr. leo an email uz that intake looks hot...
Old 09-21-2004, 10:08 AM
Safety Car

is the filter sticking too far?? like too close to the wall of the engine bay?
Old 09-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Safety Car

you should post this pic up when people ask, "will this fit a 3.2?" I know you will get that question in the future..

Old 09-21-2004, 11:25 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by TLBaller
is the filter sticking too far?? like too close to the wall of the engine bay?
Originally Posted by TLBaller
you should post this pic up when people ask, "will this fit a 3.2?" I know you will get that question in the future..

Actually the filter is really close to the wall of the engine bay... one down side to it is that you have to take this black plastic cover that just covers the headlight after taking out the stock intake. When you take that out the engine wall has a hole that is just the same size of the Weapon R intake. This hole in the engine wall leads to where the fender is and if you follow that down it leads to the air dam in your bumper... i'm at work right now so i'll take pictures of what i'm saying once i get home...

TLBaller... i'm going to have to do that... still they do have for the 3.2 already... i guess that when they did the 3.2 they thought the engine setup was the same for the 2.5 thus, the mistake that other websites say that their intake fits the 2.5 when its a 3.2 intake...
Old 09-21-2004, 08:59 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Answer to Why its to close...

Look at the pictures and you'll know why... lol... both sides have these holes in the engine wall... whats that saying... "Pardon the dust..."

I'll just link them so your browser minimizes the pictures... the pictures are a bit large...lol...

1. Stock Intake Pipe

2. Behind Headlight Cover

3. Headlight Cover that needs to be removed due Dragon Intake

4. The passanger side has these holes too

5. This is what broke due to the pressure of fuel going through it

Hope this helps everyone understand what you need to remove... also a couple hoses...
Old 09-21-2004, 09:30 PM
All about JDM

Its looking good man. Great job on the intake hookup!
Old 10-11-2004, 05:58 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Got Rims?

Ok, first of all i'd like to say thank you for all your comments on my car...

Alright I finally got my rims!!! For those of you that have been checking out the Wheels, Tires, Suspension... Not exactly in that order ... anyways, i'll post pics of the rims on the car later... man it looks like a 4x4 with these rims... (in other words it looks a bit high)... still i think it looks good... oh and about the goldline springs, i'm just going to have them put them on, i don't want to mess with it... besides like i've said before, i think the car is jinxed... anything i do to it something else goes wrong...

Example: I put the rims on and the stearing boot was poped/torn... there is fluid all over the wheel well... Boot is about $20 to $40 so the rest is basicly labor... so now thats another $200 bucks... but the alignment is going to be free sooo i figured why not have them lower the car already for a bit more $$$ 3-500 which pays for the struts... and get the free alignment... hopefully they don't find another problem...

I'll post pics once i get home 6:00 p.m. pacific... and tomorrow when the car gets lowered!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 09:11 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Ok i said i was going to post pics... well here they are...

Before the pics let me write a book... Since i didn't introduce myself when i first joined this forum which is one of the best i've ever seen and one of the most organized... I'm going to introduce myself...

First of all I drive a 1998 Acura 2.5 TL as you may all know already. My name is Gabriel but you can all stick to calling me by my SN (Spooky) either way is fine... and hope we can all meet someday to kick it and talk about our cars... Well, i'm 21 years old and my B-Day is in March, 25... no need to get me a present, if you do... thanks in advance...lol... j/k... I've been a TL owner since my Senior year in highschool, like other people on this forum (non-specified) i'm not ashamed to say my parents bought me the car as a Grad. present and a birthday present since basicly i got it a month before my b-day... and also a thank you for being the first in the family to go to and graduate from College (A.A.S. Degree) present... yes they mounted all that up to sum my TL but its worth every one... forgot it was an X-mas present for the last 3 years too... the first year i got my TL the first mod i put on were the clear bumper lenses/signal lights... then my subwoofers which i'll post an old pic of... and last thing i should say about myself... I may sound outgoing and all up for stuff here but in reallity if i don't know you, i'm really shy... in other words i won't speak until spoken to first... sometimes... Well, thats all for me an i guess now that your eyes are tired of reading, here are the pics... Enjoy...

Old 10-11-2004, 09:24 PM
All about JDM

What kind of woofers are those spook? Im lookin at some audiobahns for my friend right now as in gonna buy some off ebay tonight lol. Let me know which ones you have there cause they look just like the ones that i was gonna buy for him. Let me know how they are too. And i want to see those rims man! The pics are showin up as red x's. If you want send the pics my way. And ill host them for ya.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:25 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

refresh your browser to see the pics... lol... that might work... i can see them in any computer i'm on... work or home...

About the woofers... they are some cheapos from the swap meet... lol... the are generics... make sure you take a look or ask for a pic of the magnet before you buy them... if it doesn't have a chrome basket in the back and they look like just black speaker magnets, don't get them cuz thoes are cheapos like the ones i have... my 10" in the bazooka tube is a true audiobahn 600 watts...

I recomend you straight up to get the AWT12X... which are the linear compressions... i'm saving up for 3 myself... but i you have a "G" then i recomend those... look them up... they are as strong if not stronger then the new Kicker L7X... about the same wattage... ... again... those i have there are just generics and they bump... If i turn the bass up all the way and walk about 5 to 6 houses down the street i can still hear the bump... can't feel the thump but can hear it...

Oh sorry i didn't put no words where the tweets are... i put those in myself as you can see... the panel is a bit dirty and a couple scratches... but the tweets sound good... i just need to get 2 more pairs of audiobahn ones and get rid of the chrome boss ones...
Old 10-12-2004, 11:01 AM
All about JDM

Ok i see them now. I dont know what the problem was. I was actually lookin at the AW121T are those any good? I dont need anything spectacular just something decent. I like the rims and thank God you are getting that shit lowered. It looks higher than mine, lol. Its lookin really nice. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Pro

nice rims....!!

yeah you need to lower the car LOL.

how does your TL ride with 18s on stock suspension?

nice work on the tweeters in the back. haven't seen anybody put tweeters in the back before!

Old 10-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by 982.5TL
Ok i see them now. I dont know what the problem was. I was actually lookin at the AW121T are those any good? I dont need anything spectacular just something decent. I like the rims and thank God you are getting that shit lowered. It looks higher than mine, lol. Its lookin really nice. Keep up the good work.
About the AW121T's... they are good beginner subs... recommended if you want that extra bump... without all that thump... if you know what that means... (You'll hear them but you won't be able to actually feel them as much... "the boom") To tell you the truth those aren't the 1,100 watts people say they are... if you go to the main Audiobahn site... Audiobahninc.com you'll see the RMS which is the real wattage is 550 watts for the 12's... but if you are getting them off ebay... the saying "buyer beware" comes into play... I suggest you go find an Audiobahn Dealer in your town or near and go take a look at them... make sure the flame basket is on them... if it is then they are genuine Audiobahns... if not... they are generic copy cats... like my 12's...

Oh, hell yeah i'm going to lower it... its about as high as my bro's 4x4 Jimmy... (exageration) ... but yeah the place i'm going to get it lowered at is finding the struts so i can just go ahead and get the whole package, i have the goldline springs so they are going to put those on too... I'll take pics of it lowered when it gets lowered...

Originally Posted by Acurasnake
nice rims....!!

yeah you need to lower the car LOL.

how does your TL ride with 18s on stock suspension?

nice work on the tweeters in the back. haven't seen anybody put tweeters in the back before!

lol... lowering it is priority... About the ride... it rides about the same as if i had the stockers... probably because i didn't get a small tire size... its a 40... maybe a 35 would of made a bit more of a difference in ride quality... so the tire absorbs some of the road still... if i go over a pebble you can feel it a bit more then the stockers... but no drastic noticable changes.... besides the height... It looks like the power i got from the small engine upgrades was taken away because the rims are a bit heavy i think... in other words it doesn't take off as fast anymore...

Tweeters...lol... I put those in a long time ago... when i first got the car... I originally had all boss tweeters in there (big mistake with boss), but i wanted to upgrade to Audiobahn... so i got 1 pair of audiobahn tweeters and i'm saving up for another 3 pairs... 2 up front and 6 in the back as shown... lot of highs... also saving up for some components/mids... thats after i pay for the rims... lol...
Old 10-12-2004, 02:57 PM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by spooky3ce
Tweeters...lol... I put those in a long time ago... when i first got the car... I originally had all boss tweeters in there (big mistake with boss), but i wanted to upgrade to Audiobahn... so i got 1 pair of audiobahn tweeters and i'm saving up for another 3 pairs... 2 up front and 6 in the back as shown... lot of highs... also saving up for some components/mids... thats after i pay for the rims... lol...

Um, are ya SURE ya need soo much highs!?!? TING...TING....
Old 10-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

tick tick tick tick tick booooom... lol

Originally Posted by Cornflake
Um, are ya SURE ya need soo much highs!?!? TING...TING....
Originally I would only put " " as my response to that... but that would be whoreing...

Actually, the answer is... yes, i need soo much highs... i'm going to need more mids to i'm going to have to do some custom work the the two rear doors... but that will be much much later... maybe after i get my own house... ... Me and my wife are thinking of maybe (big maybe) moving to Pheonix, AZ ... besides, i think it sounds cool when you are driving by and the only thing people can hear is... ... ...

tick tick tick tick tick BOOOOOM tick tick tick tick tick BOOOOOOM...
Old 10-12-2004, 08:46 PM
LDH
I

Originally Posted by spooky3ce
Originally I would only put " " as my response to that... but that would be whoreing...

Actually, the answer is... yes, i need soo much highs... i'm going to need more mids to i'm going to have to do some custom work the the two rear doors... but that will be much much later... maybe after i get my own house... ... Me and my wife are thinking of maybe (big maybe) moving to Pheonix, AZ ... besides, i think it sounds cool when you are driving by and the only thing people can hear is... ... ...

tick tick tick tick tick BOOOOOM tick tick tick tick tick BOOOOOOM...
why so many tweeters? just run horns if you care that much about high
Old 10-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by LDH
why so many tweeters? just run horns if you care that much about high
they look a bit... ummm... ugly... but if they do the job... maybe 2 under the rear doors...
Old 10-23-2004, 02:14 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Fixed my Gauges...

Ok... I f'ed up my gauges a while back ago... none of them worked and the pin to the fuel gauge broke off...

BUT I GOT IT FIXED RIGHT NOW!!!

Here are the pics... Since i can't shrink them down to size i'll just link and your browser will reduce them...

Gauges in the Light...

Gauges in the Dark... Blue...

Gauges in the Dark... Green...

Old 10-24-2004, 12:05 PM
All about JDM

Shit man, where are the dropped pics!?!?!?! lol.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:45 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

No money...

Originally Posted by 982.5TL
Shit man, where are the dropped pics!?!?!?! lol.
lol... i'm guessing you saw the lifted TL pics from the E.Ventura Meet...

Me (4x4 mag reader voice): "Yeah i thought of hitting the trails, getting into a bit of mud so i lifted my TL a couple of inches... 2 inch lift got the swampers on there"

lol... exageration... cash flow is running low ... probably in the next month...
Old 06-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Well... here's an update...

The right side tail light...

The left side tail light...

Center on the plate...

Full Ass Shot...

My TL!!!

I miss my rims though...
Old 06-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Pro

nice... when you getting your wheels????
I remember you had an accident with them right?
Old 06-30-2005, 12:06 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by ELA.TL
nice... when you getting your wheels????
I remember you had an accident with them right?
Yeah... dumb accident... should of never happened...
Decided that the $1,000+ purchases for anything have to be done after i buy my first house... I think i'm going to be moving to Pheonix some time next year... maybe i can talk the wife into letting me get some wheels...
Old 06-30-2005, 02:04 AM

Received 2,785 Likes on 1,985 Posts
when'd you get the inspire taillights?? i want some

and i want that damn AZ sticker!!!
Old 08-01-2005, 12:42 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by Mizouse
when'd you get the inspire taillights?? i want some

and i want that damn AZ sticker!!!
Go to that thread about the Inspires... no one has bidded yet... i posted a "TIP" on how to win them... Happy Bidding...

ACURAzine Sticker... i'll ask Neorick if i can get another pair from him when i go to the bay area meet... and then i'll go to So-Cal meet and hand it to you... that is if you go ... or you can just PM Astro and hell send you a pair when he has the time and money to do them ...

Anyways... I did another mod to the car... ONE OF THE EASIEST but since i'm colored impaired it was hell... Now all i need is to change the bulbs...

Old 08-05-2005, 12:27 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

Spooks, your car looks sweet man...even after 180K miles.