New TL

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well the way it looks from the new pics, these wheels should work with maybe say 225/35, or maybe even 215/35. But it would be helpfull info to know your offsets(I'm pretty sure they're pretty aggressive for a FWD from how much poke you have right now) You can make it fit if you really really want to. But that will mean negative camber, stretched tires, rolled fenders, and it will only really look good if your pretty damn low to the ground. Plus you will have to go through tires more often cause of negative camber. For a daily w/ your family probably way better to just get new wheels and tires. I personally like it aggresive. I have 18x9,s in the rear.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:46 PM
It is what, what it is

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DiegosAnotherR1
well the way it looks from the new pics, these wheels should work with maybe say 225/35, or maybe even 215/35. But it would be helpfull info to know your offsets(I'm pretty sure they're pretty aggressive for a FWD from how much poke you have right now) You can make it fit if you really really want to. But that will mean negative camber, stretched tires, rolled fenders, and it will only really look good if your pretty damn low to the ground. Plus you will have to go through tires more often cause of negative camber. For a daily w/ your family probably way better to just get new wheels and tires. I personally like it aggresive. I have 18x9,s in the rear.

WOW really 18x9 ? and you have it tucked ? how did you do that ? and how do i roll the fenders ?
Old 05-07-2008, 12:48 PM
It is what, what it is

WOW really 18x9 ? and you have it tucked ? how did you do that ? and how do i roll the fenders ? and how do i find out what the offset is on them ?
Old 05-07-2008, 01:15 PM
-Arsenic-

Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by TL_Power
WOW really 18x9 ? and you have it tucked ? how did you do that ? and how do i roll the fenders ? and how do i find out what the offset is on them ?
Its printed on the back side of the wheel somewhere.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:16 PM
It is what, what it is

Originally Posted by 02type-s
Its printed on the back side of the wheel somewhere.

oh ok will there be any other number by it ?
Old 05-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Racer

it should be mesured in "mm", and it might have the letters "ET" next to it. This is what my rear looked like 18x9 36mm offset, (My car is now lower than shown in the picture)

If you look at the inside of your fenders, it has a little lip. Rolling the fenders will basically push that lip up. Better to take it to a body shop, or you can always rent a fender roller, or use a baseball bat, or rubber mallet, but you better know what your doing or you'll mess things up. also I trimmed a little peice off my bumper that was rubbing.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:00 PM
It is what, what it is

it should be mesured in "mm", and it might have the letters "ET" next to it. This is what my rear looked like 18x9 36mm offset, (My car is now lower than shown in the picture)

If you look at the inside of your fenders, it has a little lip. Rolling the fenders will basically push that lip up. Better to take it to a body shop, or you can always rent a fender roller, or use a baseball bat, or rubber mallet, but you better know what your doing or you'll mess things up. also I trimmed a little peice off my bumper that was rubbing.

wow thats nice, i like the way it sits on your car, can you tell me what suspension stuff you put on it and how much of a drop did you do ? and how much camber did you put in it? also how much camber do you think i will need to put on it ?
Old 05-07-2008, 04:08 PM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
I like.

~Cheers~
Old 05-07-2008, 08:57 PM
98 3.2 Flamenco Black

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
No rubs? They look good.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Racer

wow thats nice, i like the way it sits on your car, can you tell me what suspension stuff you put on it and how much of a drop did you do ? and how much camber did you put in it? also how much camber do you think i will need to put on it ?
I am not too sure what the drop is from stock. I'm actuallly running some cheap coilover sleeves for now a friend gave me. If you get the ingalls front and rear camber kits, you will be able to adjust the camber as needed to fit, but keep in mind, too much camber and you will be going through tires alot.

So if your serious, first find out what your offsets are. then get smaller tires streched over those wheels. Find a set of coilovers, or air suspension. Camber kit. Roll your fenders, and you should be good to go.

Have you ever read through Colt45's thread, "My UA2 update". He has fully adjustable suspension and is running 19x9 -30mm offset, if i remember right. But he did a complete custom setup.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:50 AM
It is what, what it is

Rims

Well a guy today offered me a trade for some Motegi FF7 19x7.5 in ok condition, with brand new Toyo tires so what do you guys think is that worth it ? they are the hyper black ones

Old 05-09-2008, 10:16 AM
It is what, what it is

Rims2

Well here are the rims on the car, and they are 19x7.5s fits good, just have to get some springs and maybe roll the finders to get i hope a 2" drop theres a guy selling some neuspeed springs, but not sure what the drop is on them. not sure if i need a camber kit yet or not.

[IMG][/IMG]

I know i need new rotors and brake calipers
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You changed rims on your car like three times over the course of the last week :P They look aight, but I'm not a fan of these kinds of rims; I like things that are very simplistic because in my opinion that's what looks good.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:47 AM
It is what, what it is

Originally Posted by DAiNiUS
You changed rims on your car like three times over the course of the last week :P They look aight, but I'm not a fan of these kinds of rims; I like things that are very simplistic because in my opinion that's what looks good.

Actually ist been longer ive been through 2 sets of rims in a week and a half but im done for now these will work
Old 05-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Khmer Pride

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
^ good choice,wheels look good. but tires need to be changed
Old 05-10-2008, 07:12 AM
It is what, what it is

Originally Posted by KrayzieDxC

Already taken care of
Old 05-10-2008, 07:12 AM
It is what, what it is

Already taken care of
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Khmer Pride

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Already taken care of
[IMG][/IMG]
size?
Old 05-10-2008, 10:46 PM
It is what, what it is

size?

235/35/19
Old 05-14-2008, 11:10 PM
It is what, what it is

Just an updated pic with the new tires on her

Old 05-14-2008, 11:18 PM
It is what, what it is

Just an updated pic with the new tires on her

Just an updated pic with the new tires on her I plan on getting the Fenders rolled soon, and im not sure springs to get, or if i should get coil overs, and i believe i will need a camber kit also, but i wont know till i roll the fenders and put some springs or something, and i dont know what LBS in the springs to get, cause i am putting a set of 12s speakers in the trunk, and i may have just 1 adult setting in the back so im not sure what size springs to get or coil overs, but i would like her to set close to the finder but not go down more when someone gets in the back, so if yall could help me out a bit please let me know again i have 19x7.5s Rims and 235/35/19 tires. Thinking i should've went with 215/35 and i probably wouldnt have to worry if i need a camber kit or not

Old 05-14-2008, 11:19 PM
It is what, what it is

Just an updated pic with the new tires on her I plan on getting the Fenders rolled soon, and im not sure springs to get, or if i should get coil overs, and i believe i will need a camber kit also, but i wont know till i roll the fenders and put some springs or something, and i dont know what LBS in the springs to get, cause i am putting a set of 12s speakers in the trunk, and i may have just 1 adult setting in the back so im not sure what size springs to get or coil overs, but i would like her to set close to the finder but not go down more when someone gets in the back, so if yall could help me out a bit please let me know again i have 19x7.5s Rims and 235/35/19 tires. Thinking i should've went with 215/35 and i probably wouldnt have to worry if i need a camber kit or not

Old 05-19-2008, 03:29 PM
It is what, what it is

Fenders

just an update got my fenders rolled, cost 100 dollars, just ordered some Dropzone springs for 100 dollars, still hope i dont need a camber kit though.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:09 PM
It is what, what it is

Update

Hello all, here just giving some updates, Today, i got my fenders rolled which cost 100 dollars, and i placed my order 100 dollars for some Dropzone Springs 2.5" front/ 2.25" rear. Im still hoping that i wont need to put a camber kit on it, i really messed up getting the 235/35/19s i should have gotten 215 or 225s but once the springs get in i can see what im working with, oh and over the weekend i did the custom grill in the front, it WAS NOT EASY lol took all day sunday pretty much, but here is the pics.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
In my opinion the grill doesn't look good. Maybe if your car were dark it would be better, but it just pops out too much and the Acura logo on the side is also kinda weird.

Just my opinion though.