Has any one changed there exhaust mainafolt on a 2.5 tl

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Str8 Home built

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Has any one changed there exhaust mainafolt on a 2.5 tl

yeah am new to the forms and i dont now how to put up pix of my work... i have done allllot of work to my 2.5 tl. rite now am changeing my ehaust mainafold. i do alll my work my self beacus every time i take it to a shop they always wana over charge me. lol... so yeah lwt me noe who has done that and tell me how that went.. lol.... and could some one plz tell me how to put pix up.. lol....
Old 09-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At least he spelled TL correctly...
The following users liked this post:
CCxDemi923 (08-28-2011)
Old 09-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IF you going to do it, find one made by Greddy, very good quality.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by blazeboy09
Greddy or other brands didn't make any manifolds intake or exhaust for any TL\inspire\saber older than 2000. So, custom only. Somebody here intalled turbo on UA2 (can't find link now ) - maybe his experience will help you. And, bigwerm, what do you think you get from custom exhaust manifold?

Got this from Japanese yahoo auction:

description was: "for inspire/saber UA2" now dont know what to do with it. Nothing simular at all with stock
Old 09-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Str8 Home built

Originally Posted by blazeboy09
greddy makes an exhaust mainfold for the 2.5 TL..?????? yeah mine is cracked and i have a vigor one. so idk if i should put the vigor on there of just get mine welded... also in the 2.5 the cat is welded on the stock mainfold and on the vigor one is donesnt have one welded on there.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Str8 Home built

Originally Posted by Inspired[RUS]
Greddy or other brands didn't make any manifolds intake or exhaust for any TL\inspire\saber older than 2000. So, custom only. Somebody here intalled turbo on UA2 (can't find link now ) - maybe his experience will help you. And, bigwerm, what do you think you get from custom exhaust manifold?

Got this from Japanese yahoo auction:

description was: "for inspire/saber UA2" now dont know what to do with it. Nothing simular at all with stock
well the stock manifold on the 2.5 TL has a cat welded on there. and the one i got of the vigor doenst have a cat welded on there. and both manifolds are the same jus a little differance in lenght but one has a cat an the othe one doenst. i was thinkin of puting in the vigor one on there so then i can get rid of the cats but what do u t hink is going to happen if i do that...? and that pix thats on there wat u get that pipeing from...? what does that go on..?
Old 09-17-2008, 03:09 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bigwerm187
well the stock manifold on the 2.5 TL has a cat welded on there. and the one i got of the vigor doenst have a cat welded on there. and both manifolds are the same jus a little differance in lenght but one has a cat an the othe one doenst. i was thinkin of puting in the vigor one on there so then i can get rid of the cats but what do u t hink is going to happen if i do that...? and that pix thats on there wat u get that pipeing from...? what does that go on..?
Well the bigest problem will be with second oxygen sensor, installed in your cat. You cannt just remove it - chek engine will lights on and your car woudnt function normaly. I guess, that if you install this sensor inside common pipe instead cat, its will not work adequate too. May be solution will be in mounting smth more sporty in place of your cat. I saw proper magnaflow's cats on summitracing.com. So over cat you can use any pipes you want, but it will be better to know how it influence on power behaviour of your car. For example, straight pipe after cat without any resonators and mufflers will reduce power on low RPMs but also reduce time of running up to 7200 RPM. Using auto tranny with such mods is not so sweet - you will be last one how started on green light and dont forget about SOUND. Thats somthing - I drive my inspire without anything except manifold - ominous roar that makes nearest windows clinks. My neighbours will kill me next time I appear in that role.

Japaneese inspire\saber\vigor and so on have another fuel management with 1 oxygen sensor in manifold and overheating sensor (is not so important as oxygen sens) in cat, so we can smoothly remove cats without any serious mods.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Str8 Home built

Originally Posted by Inspired[RUS]
Well the bigest problem will be with second oxygen sensor, installed in your cat. You cannt just remove it - chek engine will lights on and your car woudnt function normaly. I guess, that if you install this sensor inside common pipe instead cat, its will not work adequate too. May be solution will be in mounting smth more sporty in place of your cat. I saw proper magnaflow's cats on summitracing.com. So over cat you can use any pipes you want, but it will be better to know how it influence on power behaviour of your car. For example, straight pipe after cat without any resonators and mufflers will reduce power on low RPMs but also reduce time of running up to 7200 RPM. Using auto tranny with such mods is not so sweet - you will be last one how started on green light and dont forget about SOUND. Thats somthing - I drive my inspire without anything except manifold - ominous roar that makes nearest windows clinks. My neighbours will kill me next time I appear in that role.

Japaneese inspire\saber\vigor and so on have another fuel management with 1 oxygen sensor in manifold and overheating sensor (is not so important as oxygen sens) in cat, so we can smoothly remove cats without any serious mods.
yeah i see what u mean i dont want my car to be loud at all i just want it to sound really good.. but i just might leave the cats on there so yeah..
Old 09-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Khmer Pride

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ide+air&page=2
Old 09-21-2008, 02:31 AM
Str8 Home built

so that guy had it turboed..? dam crazzy.. lol... how fast do u think that TL is...? if i had the cash to do something like that i would do it... but i dont got that type of money.. lol
Old 09-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bigwerm187
how fast do u think that TL is...?
~13.8 sec on quatermile drag. Smth about less than 6 sec up to 60 m\h.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Str8 Home built

ooo yeah so u think u can still hear the blow off valve on that turbo..?
Old 11-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just saw this thread, but if you just wanted your 2.5 exhaust manifold fixed take it to an Acura dealer and they will replace it for free under extended emmisions warranty. I did mine and the cost was $0 for a $1500 job. Dealer also dropped me off at work and picked me up when the car was done. I believe the warranty was up to 150,000 mi. and 14 yrs from production date.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Str8 Home built

Originally Posted by monkeybutt
Just saw this thread, but if you just wanted your 2.5 exhaust manifold fixed take it to an Acura dealer and they will replace it for free under extended emmisions warranty. I did mine and the cost was $0 for a $1500 job. Dealer also dropped me off at work and picked me up when the car was done. I believe the warranty was up to 150,000 mi. and 14 yrs from production date.
Really thats crazy...! i didnt noe that... what if u take it to a honda dealer ship..? yeah thanx for the idea that wouldnt work cuz my car got 215,000 miles on it so am over the mileage limit..! am doing it my self and am almost done i havent spent that much tho... ive spent like around 200 bucks total..! i wixh my car had less miles then i would of done that...! thanx for the idea tho.....! do you noe were you can find out for sure what the mileage is on the warrenty thing..?

Last edited by bigwerm187; 11-11-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It is discussed here: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...light=warranty Even if you are out of the warranty mileage you might give Acura a call and see if they could make you some kind of deal.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Str8 Home built

Originally Posted by monkeybutt
It is discussed here: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...light=warranty Even if you are out of the warranty mileage you might give Acura a call and see if they could make you some kind of deal.
so it has to be an acura dealership right..? cuz there isnt a acura dealership around here. we got dealerships here but no acura dealership tho... we got a honda dealership.. will that work..?
Old 03-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
warranty

if its a 96 it is out my car is got the same problem ran out in oct 2010 good luck im welding mine bd