Your moderators are depriving you...READ ON.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your moderators are depriving you...READ ON.

Hello,

There is a very good chance that this thread will be deleted very soon, if not immediately, but I think it is only fair that someone let you in on a not so nice secret in your forum. Your moderators (not all, but a few that I know of) are depriving the members of this forum the chance to view/learn about/purchase products that you may have never even knew existed for your 1st Gen TL.

It started 2 days ago when I posted a thread in this forum about 2 very rare items that I had for sale for the 1st Gen TL. Now, in order to follow the rules as of posting in these forums, I will not mention what these items were in this thread. Some parts of quotes will be omitted with ????? marks to eliminate names and other 'things' that I am not allowed to mention in this forum.

I'll do this in chronilogical order to help you understand the storyline. This is interesting and has a bit of drama...oooh....drama!!

A PM that I received from a moderator who had deleted my post pertaining to the items for sale:

????item name???? for sale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: jdmisme

Welcome to the forums.

I deleted your thread in the 1G TL forum. All sale threads must be posted in the Black Market Forum.

Please read THE BLACK MARKET RULES and be sure to post an asking price.

I am the ???moderators position???, so before you post your thread, I would like to ask you where did you get these, and are they your own personal items.

Are you in ???my location???, and do you have a business selling these?

Do you have any references from other forums or ????selling method???? ?

When I get your reply I will let you know about posting the thread.

cc: ???(moderator's name)???
Once I received this PM I immediately started looking for the ''black market'', found it and then read the rules. When I first came here with the intention of letting the members know about the items that I had available, I could not find any mention of rules for posting items for sale anywhere in the main FAQ's or rules sections...which is why I posted here in this section....

After reading the black market rules, I then sent this PM in reply:

First off, to answer your first question, these parts were purchased by me, here in Japan. Yes, they are in my possession.

It is unfortunate that your forum has rules against selling items without a set price and rules against mentioning ????, because that is where my items are sold. My name is ???? my name?????. I have been selling nothing but JDM items ??selling method???? for the last 4 years, or so. I have ???dead give-away to my selling method?????? and only sell quality used items. My ??selling method?? id is ????my id name????.

I thought I had thorougly read through the stickies and FAQ's (as I try to do with all new forums that I intend to participate in) and did not see anything against selling an item without a price attached. I hadn't even seen any mention of the 'black market' until you pointed it out and I then saw it down the main list. I don't like to break forum rules where I intend to offer my services in selling JDM parts anymore than the moderators like thier rules being broken. I apologize for that.

I do think that it is unfortunate that you have a rule against even mentioning ??selling method?? in a post because that is where I sell 100% of my items. I did notice, on the other hand, that it is ok for someone OTHER than the seller to post a link or make mention of an item ???selling method???, though. Is this some kind of loop-hole? If not, I don't understand the reasoning behind letting anyone EXCEPT the seller of an item post a link ???sellng method??? item. I'm not trying to argue or contradict your rules, I'm just trying to understand. Please take a tour through my ????deat give away to selling method????? sold within ???slight give away to selling method????. You'll see that I am an honest and serious seller of JDM items.

I like to post info/heads-up threads in forums because alot of the items I sell are very rare and most people do not even know that they exist or do not actively check through ??selling method??? for parts available for their specific vehicle, for whatever reason. These same people don't often bother to check through the 'for sale' ads in forums because they have no idea that they want to buy the items that I have for sale until they know that they are available. Again, not to be contradictive or argumentative, but it would be irresponsible as a modertor to not allow this type of information to be passed on to your members. I have seen other forums with the same rules (for sale posts not allowing ???selling method??? or for sale posts only allowed in the 'classified' sections) and have presented them with the same statement that I just presented to you. Some of those forums understood the argument and allowed my posts. My type of 'advertising' is beneficial to you and yours as much as it is for me. Or is this just a mis-understanding on my part? If you deleted my post because I just registered and have no prior posts, I would understand. You're looking out for your community memebers. I would commend you for that effort.

As for references other than ???selling method???, you could check with the maker of the site ???special vehicle forum???, ???site creator???? or some of the members like ???forum member???, ??forum member???, ??forum member???. My member id there is ????my member id???? . Or you could check the forums at ???another sepecial vehicle forum site??? where my member id is ???my member id ????. I have spent the last 4 months, or so, there trying to set people up with the rare jdm parts that they have been looking for but had nowhere to get them. That started when I had a Mugen front bumper, Mugen rear wing, Spoon ECU, Spoon speedometer for sale for the ????forum give away????. From there, it moved onto finding specific parts for members. If you would like, check with moderator ??moderator from second forum mentioned??? or members like ???forum member???, ???forum member??? or just check out the posts that I have made. I will even bet that some of your own members have purchased from me.

I make waves at any forum I 'advertise' at, this is true. This is for 2 reasons...1) I sell items that people want but don't have access to, 2)because I just don't have time to put up with the ever growing number of 'haters' who have nothing better to do but complain about things that they don't understand and are too ignorant or lazy to take the time to learn about. I make it known that I won't deal with them. Once the members understand this, most people end up liking me. This is because I am a straight-foward and honest seller.

Where am I? As you saw in my IP address, I am from ???my location???, yes. I am probably the most direct link to Japan and JDM parts that most people ever get, because I am actually here, pulling, cleaning, ??selling method give away???, packaging, shipping the parts, myself....and this is my business....selling JDM items to interested people. I've sold a number of items for the TL in the past, such as the JDM rear wing with 3rd brake light and corner tip LED lights, JDM clear/red taillights, JDM chrome housing headlights, JDM smoked housing headlights, JDM flat black housing headlights, JDM Honda Access Auto Headlight Controller, JDM Honda Access 'No Smokers' ashtray. That is the extent of my sales for the TL owners. I'm sure that there are more that people would be intersted in, but this is where my interaction with the communites/forums come in. Before I started conversing with the ??vehicle type?? forums, I only looked for headlights and door sills. After the forum, it went to JDM Honda Access Option Air Refiners, gauge clusters, center consoles for navi units, reclining rear seat assemblies, grilles and much more. This is why I say that with my knowledge of JDM and your knowledge of what you want, my presence in the manner that I do business would be beneficial to both the members here and to myself.

Sorry that was so long-winded...that's just the way I am....as thorough as possible(with my conversations AND my parts). If I have upset you anyway with the wording of my message, I apologize...that was not my intention.

thank you,

jdmisme
The reply that I received to the above PM was as follows:

Re: Grilles for sale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your informative reply.

I see by your posts in ??forum name?? that you ???method of selling??? for items. We don't allow that here, which is why we require a price to be posted.

The reason we allow the seller to link to ???method of selling??? is if there is information or pictures there that would help his sale.

That said, if you want to sell things here, we would welcome you aboard as a paying vendor.

I am forwarding this entire PM to ????moderator's name and position????. He can give you ??moderator's slight job description?? and other information.

Please do not post any more threads for sale until you hear from him, or you can contact him directly by PM. His user name is ?????.

cc: ???? (above mentioned moderator's name)
With that, I then received a PM from the above mentioned moderator...it read as follows:

hello

I see you've been corresponding with ???1st moderators name????.

While your comments are well written and understood, we aren't interested in adding you as a vendor here. As such, i'll ask that you refrain from posting about items you have, things you're selling ??selling method??, or taking advantage of our black market forum.

Any attempts to go around this will result in your account being disabled.

cheers,

????moderator's name????
I then sent a PM to a different moderator looking for someone that I could talk reasonably with, but I never received a reply to that PM...

I would also like to add that I have already found at least 1 of your members who has purchased an item from me. I would also like to add that I NEVER asked to be a vendor...so I'm not sure why I was 'declined' vendor status....??

And that was the end of it. I was deprived of the chance to let you members know about very nice products available for you vehicle and with that you were equally, if not more-so, deprived the chance to have a chance to obtain these items . Many of the blotted out sections of the above quoted PM's show that I am a reputable person to purchase from, which leaves no reasonable reason to not allow me to get this information out to YOU, the MEMBERS of this forum.

I'm not looking for sympathy...I honestly don't need it. I don't expect my account to be here much longer as I am fairly sure that this post will be deleted and my account, along with it.

For those of you that get the chance to read this post, I would suggest having a heart to heart with your moderators and ask them why they are depriving you of information that could very well get you in contact with parts for your car that you have been searching for far and wide but never found.

Why would I waste so much time making this thread?? Because I think it's a pity that the information that IS getting to you is being 'controlled' by the moderators....sounds like another type of Government, don't it?

I hope things change here for the better...for the members, that is.