Winter car rear windshield shattered!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Winter car rear windshield shattered!!!

Ok, this was a first for me!! So last night about 10:50, my g/f's mom asks me to come and move my car (I am driving her old '84 scirocco whil the Ack is in the process of the Type II swap) so she can back her Suburban out to go pick up G/F's sister (she had plenty of room, but that's another story!) ANYWAYS... I go out unlock the door, get in and close the door. I hear this ting sound like ice falling, don't think anything of it. Move the car get out to go put something in my g/f's car, go back to the scirocco....get in and close the door, I hear this noise again. I look in the rearview and there's a friggin hole...the glass is SHATTERED!!! I'm laffin cause I didnt think it was THAT cold (it was cold though). Anyways, I go back in the house to get garbage bag and tape. So her sis tells me she saw a plow stop right beside the car, and then back away and go down a different street and stop. then a next plow comes and gets out and they talk, then they both leave. So I'm thinkin the plow did it, but I can't see how the plow could have hit it unless he lowered the bom onto it, in which case there should have been more damage to the rest of the rear of the car...unless something was sticking out... I DUNNO. Anyways call the cops, they come and check it out, he says he can't see how it could have done it, must have just been the cold. Writes up the report anyways, and that's that. It just seems to suspcicious to me that thses guys sat there right when I had just heard the alarm go off on the car. SOOO I am gonna have to go now and look at one of these big plows to see if there is any way it could have ONLY hit the glass, and go from there. Pain in the butt though!!!! But at least now I am taking my g/f's VR6 GTI home at night now and picking her up in the morning. I LOVE driving this thing...makes me miss my integra more and more!!! ( TL w/ 250 HP will soon overcome that I'm sure though!!! :P)
Old 01-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The plow could have picked up a rock or something it threw it, thats my first guess.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Possible but there's no rock in the car or around it even...really wierd. I will have a better look at it today when I get to my g/f's house (where I left the car) after work today. Went from my baby, to old school VW bucket to NATHAN!!! :'(