White face speedo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Rollin'... White 2 seater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White face speedo?

IS there anyone that live maybe within 3hrs of Charlotte NC that has white face gauges and would install mine for a fair price? The shop in Charlotte haven't been too helpful.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:11 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Come on... you can do it yourself... there's nothing like a weekend working on your car by yourself or with some buddies drinking a couple Coronas... lol... anyways, sorry i'm in CA... but here's a good tip... A hammer does wonders... lol... but i'm sure there is someone near you that can do it... take some pics on the process because i wouldn't mind knowing how to put them on... thinking of getting some this weekend with the aluminum gauge cluster bezel...

†§pôôkÿ†
Old 08-16-2004, 10:23 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for whats its worth, check out my cardomain website (link found in my signature). I had a hard time with the smaller guages, but got the rest...basically make sure you have the black part totally removed and out of the way...then just put the new gauge over the old one...and bend it so part of it goes under the needle as much as possible and just try to get it over the back part of the needle so it fits on. this took me forever...then I actually taped part of the sides to keep them flat so the needles didnt stick. the temp and fuel guage I actually made a little gut in the white guage so I could get the damn thing over the stock guage. I wish I was closer I could help, I know it frustrated the sh*#@ out of me when I was doing it. It took a lot of patience.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:05 PM
Attorney- Will Sue 4 Food

ya I was so frustrated with mine that even after I got them on, I was pissed becuase they didnt look that good considering all the fiicking time I spent trying to get the needles over the gauges. With the prospect of then having to run the wires, I just said fIIck it, took the gauges off, put the dash together, then I spent the remainder of the afternoon smoking some weeed, drinking heineken, and playing xbox
Old 08-17-2004, 04:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
and then he gave the guages to me... ... its really easy... i mean i was supposed to move down to SC and i was in charlotte 3 weeks ago... sorry i mean right now im like 9 hrs from u... if u can find a way i will do it for u... did the place u go to screw it up??? i had to fix a few needles that stores thought they would put white guages on and screw up.. if mailing the cluster is kewl i can show u where to wire everything after i install the guages... what exactly u need help with.... if u have AIM im on all the time KaMLuNg888 all the time... drop a msg...

switch...

Old 08-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Rollin'... White 2 seater

I am not to gooo with the whole patience thing, I really dont have any. I went to the shop and they were talking really crazy like 200 dollars b/c they siad they could mees it up and it was a big risk, I was like to hell with that, its arisk if i give u 200bucks for you to donothin, i might go crazy. I guess I will have to wait or just say ofget it, i really just wanted te gauges b/c i hate that greenish puke color of the original, and plus the indiglo would dim as much when the bass hits, well thanks fellas, if any of you come down my way let me kno, I will help fosho and I can show you some southern hospitaliy.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by oulaw29
ya I was so frustrated with mine that even after I got them on, I was pissed becuase they didnt look that good considering all the fiicking time I spent trying to get the needles over the gauges. With the prospect of then having to run the wires, I just said fIIck it, took the gauges off, put the dash together, then I spent the remainder of the afternoon smoking some weeed, drinking heineken, and playing xbox
I did the same thing man, half way through I had to go spark a few with my roomie, then have him come out to the garage and help me out with some ideas. shit was frustrating, but I'm glad I did it, i love em. I just stuck the dimmer in the dash, it wasnt long enough to run somewhere, and I just made it blue, a little under half dim, and left it in back in the dash. the other day when i was on a long trip in the dark, i wish I couldve dimmed them some, but if I brightened the stock one's, that helped