Whats the story with your TL??

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2001 | 01:10 PM
Banned

Whats the story with your TL??

Hey guys wondering when and why you decided to buy Acura TL's? I will tell you mine. I have an 89 accord that I show, and I have had it for 6 years now and love it. So I wanted something to drive around in while my accord chills in the garage. I have always wanted a legend or a TL, and one night I went looking and found the TL I wanted. I still drive my accord couple times a week, but I usually drive the TL. And now I am so into modding up the TL, hehe. Something I said I wouldn't do, lol. It's in my blood to mod up cars. I love my TL!! Can't wait till I get 18's for it. Will wait to get them till weather gets better.
Old 11-01-2001 | 01:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

well i got my TL when i was 17 years old i believe. the reason i got a car was cause i made a bet with my mom. She said that if i did well on the SAT's she would buy me a car. well i just barely made the mark when my score came and boy was i excited. well i dind't know what kinda car i wanted. first i wanted a sports car (3000 GT), then we kinda moved on from there. i was going to get an integera, but then i realized everyone has an integra so might as well get something special. and lo and behold there was the TL at the acura dealer. well that's how i got my TL. been driving it ever since. we've had our ups and downs, but it's been one awesome ride. i don't think i'll ever part with this car.
Old 11-04-2001 | 12:25 PM
Instructor

That story brings a tear to my eye...

I love my TL...definitely the best investment i have ever made, that and my current girlfriend
Old 11-04-2001 | 01:42 PM
Banned

Hey

Dfunmaster you got any more pics of your car? Big question for you. I plan to get 18's soon and lower it an inch. I want to know how your car rides now compared to when it was stock? Right now mine rides so nice. But with 18's and lowered an inch can you tell me how it rides? I have my accord that is lowered 2.25", so I know about this stuff, but dont know with TL's.
Old 11-04-2001 | 02:17 PM
Instructor

The ride is still very smooth...actually not much difference from stock. Its just the bumps you have to worry about, especially the big ones cuz you feel them a lot more. But when the road is nice and smooth (how often does that happen ) it rides bee-yoo-ti-ful...better than stock IMO.
Old 11-04-2001 | 02:19 PM
Instructor

here is another
Old 11-04-2001 | 02:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Well my story is...I had a 92 Nissan pick up for about 7 years, put 168,000 miles on it. I have been saving up for about 4 years to buy a car or something for myself, I looked and looked for month on end. I couldn't make up my mind to which car to get. I finally saw an Acura TL driving down the road. Drop on some 18's it looked clean and sweet. From there I started to look online for 1st GEN tl's. I really did not like the style of the 2nd GEN tl's so I stayed away from them. I could not find many used TL's for sale. i was pretty suprised. I searched and search, visited the Acura dealer and few times, I found a white 96 2.5TL, but it had more miles than I was looking. I thought for a good price I might, then they said high teen, first thought was not worth it. So I went on and on found a 98 3.2 TL at another dealership online. I went down there, they sales guy got me to test drive and I fell in love. It was over from then of. Traded in my truck(which I should have kept) and drove the TL home.

Here's my baby
Old 11-04-2001 | 03:13 PM
Banned

Info

Hey thanks for the info dfunkmaster. I would get 18's now, but our weather in winter is bad, so I am going to wait till early next year. Can't wait. I may just order them now, so I have them. Your ride is sweet dfunk. Hey you should paint your tails like I did. Hey Wampum, good story man.
Old 11-04-2001 | 05:52 PM
Instructor

Thanks Mike

Wampum...those wheels look so good on your car! If I was gonna do anything else to my car, I was gonna get those wheels. Now I know I got good taste because that sh!t looks dope!! Nice Job...get those clear bumper lights
Old 11-04-2001 | 06:41 PM
Pro

I'm an Airforce Brat and been traveling with my dad base to base, country to country since I was born. My dad got stationed in Japan and I was in high school at the time. I was really into the racing scene and sports coupes. The popular cars in school were Integras, Celicas, Skylines, & Supras. Well one day a kid came to school and he had a black 92' Honda Inspire....and it looked REAL SWEET!! Loved the headlights and interior, it was love at first sight! don't really know why i was sooo attracted to this sedan!! The car I had at the time was a 89' toyota Trueno (corrolla equivalent). Well my dad had orders to go back to the states. I really wanted an Inspire but found out that the closest thing to one was an Acura vigor. What the hell was Honda thinking??? N E way, I decided to get a 96' Integra (back to the racing scene) and I learned that commuting everyday to work and school with a manual transmission SUCKS! And people always wanting to race you! <--- kinda got bored with that. So I decided to sell the Integra to get a automatic....didn't know what car I wanted? I know I didn't want a sports car, I leaning more towards a luxury car. I later found out that you can convert the vigor to an inspire and i was on the hunt for a VIGOR. I found one with 80K, but my bank wouldn't finance it cuz it had too many miles on it! I had to find a VIGOR with atleast 30K on it! but it'll take forever to find one with such low mileage considering that the VIGOR was only produced from 92-94'. VIGORS are hard to find! I wanted a car w/ automatic bad! since i was starting school pretty soon. I went back to the dealer where the vigor with 80K was and I wasn't going to leave until i got a car.....i was looking at a black 97' CL but it kinda drove rough and looked weird to me. Then I saw a 97' green 2.5TL, loved the way it drove...kinda better than my dad's vigor and also loved the interior. So i decided to go with the TL and till this day, I don't regret buying it. wheeeewww.....let me get a drink of water LOL!
Old 11-04-2001 | 06:42 PM
Pro

Pic of Trueno:
Old 11-04-2001 | 06:43 PM
Pro

side view:
Old 11-04-2001 | 06:45 PM
Pro

Pic of Teg:
Old 11-04-2001 | 06:50 PM
Pro

side view of trueno:
Old 11-04-2001 | 07:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by DFUNKMASTER
Thanks Mike

Wampum...those wheels look so good on your car! If I was gonna do anything else to my car, I was gonna get those wheels. Now I know I got good taste because that sh!t looks dope!! Nice Job...get those clear bumper lights
thanks DFUNKMASTER
Old 11-04-2001 | 07:48 PM
Banned

I got it from my aunt, We bought a new Nissan Altima and my dad gave me the choice between the 2000 Altima or the 1996 TL and I choose the TL
Old 11-04-2001 | 09:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

well i was 16 and my parents cars were 96 2.5 and a 95 chevy tahoe. so basically they were my choices at first i really wanted the truck cause i could slam it have a crazy system and get some 20's ( i work alot) so as i was lookin for stuff to do to the truck i had eveything priced out and i was like 5000. so i was like thats way too much for that thing. so then i was on the car little did i know that everything has to come from japan so started lookin for stuff for it and i found this site and a couple place that had clear bumpers.i actuall started likeing it more and more adn was looking for performance and exterior (almost put a terminator stylw wing on it ... stupid kid) and found out that thy made nothing so i got a system, tints ,exhaust , air filter, lowred it , rims. then april came around and i had my car sittin in the garage and no license to drive it with so it sat there till may 29 and been driving it since .... glad i picked the car atually funny thing i cant stand even being in te truck now
Old 11-06-2001 | 08:30 AM
Burning Brakes

me and my dad (i was 18 at the time in 1997) were about to put down the deposit for a gorgeous 97 Maxima SE white, stick... but my mom hated nissan, so she literally pulled me and my dad by the ears out to the acura dealership which was right next door...

i had thought about getting the TL back then, but the fact that it was $7000 (canadian) more than the max and it was automatic made me think twice...
but when my mom was like "$7 G's is worth getting something than a shi--y nissan", i was like... cool! i get an acura...

best day of my life!
well next to meeting my gf (token brownie points from gf needed )
Old 11-06-2001 | 11:49 AM
98 3.2 Flamenco Black

Wanted to get a nice "used" daily ride, found a 2000 Maxima, 12K on it, stick shift. I made an offer, he did not take it, there was only $300 between us.

Next day, cruising on AutoTrader, I came upon a blind ad for a 98 3.2TL. Turns out a broker was selling it. So, the bidding and negotiating began

3 days later, I was the owner of the TL. Never stopped loving it since then. I paid more than what I wanted, but it did not bother me.

The next best thing is this forum.

I spent 2 sleepless nights cleaning up the baby.

Now it is serving its master quite handsomely.
Old 11-06-2001 | 04:31 PM
Din
Pro

I also had an 89 Accord like Mike moded it up with almost everything I could do. I drove that car around for 6 years it was getting old everyone was getting newer cars and I was tired of fixing one thing and another thing would go wrong so I so the car to my friend. This was in 1999, at that time I really wanted a 2dr Legend went looking around found a couple of them but most of them had high miles which the bank wouldnt finance it, then one day at an Acura dealership I saw a green 2.5TL and a black 3.2 TL, I test drove the 2.5 and I really liked the ride, went back looked at the 3.2 with had higher miles so I knew the bank wouldnt finance it. The 2.5TL was price about the same as the Legends that I had wanted, so I was like hmm why not get a newer car with less miles for the same price so I got it drove it off the lot. I put 18in wheels on it In dash TV, system and some other stuff. Had it for 2 years till someone stole it in March of 2001. I really miss that car.......
Old 11-06-2001 | 07:23 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Wampum
Well my story is...I had a 92 Nissan pick up for about 7 years, put 168,000 miles on it. I have been saving up for about 4 years to buy a car or something for myself, I looked and looked for
Here's my baby

Hey are those orginal Acura rims? Those look solid.
Old 11-06-2001 | 08:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

no there the stock rims of of the acura cl-s