What I did - Atn: Chadhova, 1stgenTL

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 02:26 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I did - Atn: Chadhova, 1stgenTL

I wish that I had the digital camera with me when I replaced these yellow covers of the fog-lights and replaced the stock fog-lights with the Xtreme Whites. However, I'll do the best to give the instruction. This also the instruction I got from 96TL. Thank you again.

(You can start on the right or the left, whichever you desire)

Remove the connector to the fog-light:
There is a little thing (button?) on the connector. Press that in and pull the connector out.

Remove the rubber cover of the fog-light:
There is a tab, just pull that tab and the whole rubber cover will come out.

Remove the bulb:
Unhook the pin that secures the bulb, and pull the bulb out.

Remove the screws:
There are two phillips type screws that hold the yellow cover housing. Unscrew both of them. It will be a little difficult to put
them back in later. Be patient, take a little time. They are not very difficult.

Remove the yellow cover:
After you unscrewed the screws, the whole housing will pull out. The yellow cover is secure by a ring w/ three hooks. Push and twist the yellow cover inward. Remove the yellow cover. Then put the ring back in.

Put everything back:
Reverse instruction as you take them out. Remember to take time put those two screws in.

If you want to replace the stock fog-light bulbs with superwhite bulbs. H3 is an easy option to go. Since H3C is very hard to find. Since H3 bulb is a little different than H3C, it only has one wire/connector (positive), you will have to modify the other wire/connector (negative). This is what I did.

Modifying H3
Since, I replace the stock bulbs at the same time that I removed the yellow covers, I wired the other wire/connector (negative) to one of the screw that holds the fog housing. Then I tapped that wire to the black wire from the original connector, using one of those quick parellel connect (from Radio Shack). Make sure before you tap the wire (negative) to the black wire of original connector, run that wire through the rubber cover of the fog-light. Plug the other wire of the H3 bulb to the orginal connector/the red wire one.

That's that.

If there are any confusions or any more question, feel free to ask.
By the way, the bulbs that I use are PIAA XTreme White H3 for fogs and H4 for heads
Old 10-24-2001, 05:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs up

just did it ... it took me like 20 min very easy but ive also taken apart my fogs b4 so i sort of knew how to do it
Old 10-24-2001, 06:03 PM
Pro

That's great! Post your pictures to share with others... that'll be better!