What do you think of...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007 | 06:17 PM
Safety Car

What do you think of...

..our steering wheel design, mainly our horn? Do you hate how our horn buttons are just 1" squares? Have any of you had a last minute close call and wanted to use your horn but couldn't place your fingers onto the horn fast enough or couldn't place your fingers on the damn small horn button?

Why can't our horn button be the whole airbag portion?? The former cars, honda and acura, had it and I believe the later acuras/hondas have it but why did our generation get rapped in the ass without lubricant?
Old 05-07-2007 | 08:29 PM
Instructor

LOL i dunno but my old prelude was like that and I constantly accidently hit the horn. My moms TL ,3rd gen, is like that and I constantly hit it. My MDX is like that but I don't hit it because its preety solid. But I do feel you I catch myself all the time beating my airbag to death.
Old 05-08-2007 | 07:34 AM
B A N N E D

my horn was a momentary switch on my center console, but its totally gone now. When i need to use it i apply the brakes and roll the window down and yell like a new yorker.

Just this morning some dude was sitting through a green arrow and i rolled em down like AYE MOTHERFUCKER LETS GET THIS SHOW GOING..

Worked fine and its more vivid.
Old 05-08-2007 | 10:42 AM
Cruisin'

The only time it pisses me off is when i get mad and feel the urge to hit something that makes a "honking" sound! and i dont mean press, i mean hit! Its like hanging up the phone on someone with a cell. You cant slam it down, you just press a button. Its not very satisfying.. hehe
Old 05-08-2007 | 11:04 AM
Safety Car

I prefer thumb button horns. I feel it is more accessible than the center mounted one. If you drive with your hand at 3 'o' clock or 9 'o'clock, your hand should be in the perfect position to use the horn. Most of my previous cars have had button horns.

I'm also used to a motorcycle where the horn is a thumb button so maybe that's it.
Old 05-08-2007 | 12:37 PM
1998 2.5TL

I can never get the horn buttons during close calls. By the time I find the button, the offender is usually far away.... and I'm left feeling high and dry!
Old 05-08-2007 | 12:56 PM
大日本帝国

I rarely use my horn, a simple glare, tail, and cut-off usually works for me. On the SC, I find that when I'm backing into spots, I usually hit the horn a few times since 95% of the wheel is the friggin' horn. On my Accord, I had disconnected it since I rarely used it, but right after I did, I found myself needing to use it more and more.

~Cheers~
Old 05-08-2007 | 03:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bpjadhav
I can never get the horn buttons during close calls. By the time I find the button, the offender is usually far away.... and I'm left feeling high and dry!
I am with you on this one....