Thanks everyone

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004 | 03:50 PM
Intermediate

Thanks everyone

Hey all:

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you during the past four years that I've had my 2.5TL.

It is sad for me to report that I am selling the 2.5TL.

Onto bigger cars--1997 Toyota Landcruiser.

My dream car and I finally am getting one.

Best to you all in Acura land--she's been a great car and this is a great community.

Best.
Onur
Akron, OH
Old 08-24-2004 | 03:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Thank you

Enjoy the Land Cruiser, they're great vehicles.
Old 08-24-2004 | 04:49 PM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Best wishes with the LC. G/F's dad just bought her uncle's 2000 Lexus LX470, love that truck!!
Old 08-24-2004 | 05:56 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Toyota still makes those? I saw an old OLD one on Monday, but there were none in the dealership or on their website. Do they just make them in the US now?
Old 08-24-2004 | 07:16 PM
Banned

Going the SUV route huh. Can't blame ya they are awesome, except for the gas guzzling.
Old 08-25-2004 | 06:58 AM
Intermediate

I've always kept my TLC matchbox car that my mother gave me from many years ago--I keep it on top of my computer monitor at my office.

I was actually thinking about getting a mid-80's FJ60 model...but those are so hard to find not completely rusted to the frame....Landcruisers were (are) notorious for having one of the most durable engines around, but unfortuantely, Toyota made the body with recycled metals, which rot quick....

Anyway, gas guzzler--indeed.

Dream come true--oh yeah!!

Peace.
-onur
Old 08-25-2004 | 12:36 PM
Safety Car

at least he/she has the decency to say goodbye to us! especially when hes an old school member with only 23 posts. Those toyotas will last forever if you just keep up with the oil changes and tune ups. we had a toyota previa (egg shaped van) and it had 500k+ miles. It was going strong too until we wrecked it and totaled it. I had a feeling it could prob go for another 500k miles!

You going to DUB it out with some 24" chromies?!?! LOL good luck to you and post up pics here for us to see.
Old 08-25-2004 | 01:35 PM
Intermediate

TLBaller:

No...no pimping of the TLC.

I like the old school look to the older ones, and the newer ones really are beautiful trucks.

I'm kind of disdainful of how the 1999 and newer TLC's look. Everything kinda looks generic, which is why I am going with an older one.

Besides, it has awesome creature comforts like a tape player for my iRiver!!

And of course, plenty of room for my Old English Sheepdog Raj in the back.

I'll post a few pics. in a couple of weeks.

Best.
-onur (male)
Old 08-26-2004 | 07:42 PM
Intermediate

Hey all--

If you want to see pics of the--now gone--Acura you can check out the link below (all 2 of them)--they are in the "bye-bye Acura" folder.

The new 'old' Landcruiser pics are in the folder named 1997 TLC folder.

Again, thanks to you all--you've all been very, very helpful, informative and quite funny sometimes.

Best.
-onur

http://www.picturetrail.com/onurazeri
Old 08-26-2004 | 09:43 PM
Instructor

Someone's going to be real excited to get your old TL. It looks to be in pretty good shape
Old 08-27-2004 | 06:17 AM
Intermediate

Yeah--

It's treated me real, real well.

I have never had any problems with it at all and it is, in tip top mechanical shape.

The interior is a bit run down though (6+ East coast--->West Coasts, smoking, and a big sheepdog in the back seat). I customized the back seat area for the dog which means no seatbelts. Stock cd player is out too.

But mechanically, she purrs:

Brembo Rotors up front, Honda OEM back (new <10K)
Axxis brake pads (<10K)
K/N unit
4 brand new Potenza RE90's
All windows tinted out max
No lowering, no rice-y-ness
2nd Timing belt/H2O pump job done 5K ago
New power steering pump
New Radiator

It' still hard to find anyone that could go faster than me on the highway in this thing...

If anyone is interested, let me know and I can tell you who I traded it into...in Northeast Ohio.

Best.
-onur
Old 08-27-2004 | 09:13 AM
Safety Car

what the... how come you didnt part out your aftermarket parts and resell them to us??? you would have mode a little extra money off of that than to sell the car with it on. the new owners wont appreciate those parts!

i want those brembos!!!!!
Old 08-27-2004 | 02:48 PM
Instructor

If I'm correct, those Brembos he has are the ones off nopi online. Good deal at 42 bucks a pair, but they seem to be stock rotors (no Brembo marking, oem-type casting). Definitely beats the price you get quoted from the dealer for oem ones though -

Good luck with the TLC beno; I recently gave my TL to my brother to buy a Toyota truck or suv... but fate took it's toll on me, and i ended up with a 95 Wrangler (another childhood dream - Jeeps have been in my dreams since i was a child )

But anyways, Toyotas are incredibly well-designed vehicles (remarkably close to japanese sedan quality, such as the TL...) and should be just as faithful as your TL was.

Good luck and keep your filters clean!

Brandon