Speechless

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 01:37 AM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Speechless

I am a previous honda hybrider. I owned a turbo h22a civic, a b18c1 civic, a 93 da integra/b16a, and now recently purchased and gave up the smaller cars for a 98 3.2 tl. I began by lowering iut with all i could find (eibach 1.5 inch). Then added 18 inch dazz wheels, a full 5.1 stereo/video system, and currently have ordered a 97 3.5 rl kit for it. I now acidentally stumbled on this forum, findout theres all sorts of jdm parts, kits, and stuff for this car.. I dont know what to say, im speechless. If anyone can lead me in a direction to go id love it. I didnt know they made kits for this car so i allready bought the 3.5 rl kit from wings west. has anyone modded that to fit on here? I was going to put an integra greddy power extreme muffler on it and have new pipe made for an axle back.
Whats the largest wheel to fit comfterably under a tl without much mods.

tia
Colt
Old 04-15-2002, 03:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the board. You will get a lot of help here. So your gonna modify a RL kit to fir your TL huh?
Old 04-15-2002, 01:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

i say screw the RL kit and just go and buy the skipper kit with us. there's a group buy going on at the other site. PM or e-mail me if you're interested.
Old 04-15-2002, 05:45 PM
Pro

welcome to the board and i love your fine premium malt liquier
Old 04-15-2002, 06:13 PM
8th Gear

good to see a fellow hybrid head on the board. I am also a ex turbo civic and currently b18c1 civic owner. Just bought a 98 tl also. I'm pretty happy with it, but the aftermarket isn't extensive like for the b series motors. I kept my eg, my wife got the tl, but I dig both cars.

kearns.
Old 04-15-2002, 06:38 PM
Drifting

What kind of times where you running with your turbo H22? What kind of civic did you put it in? If it was a hatchback, how the hell did you fit the turbo in there with the lude engine?
Old 04-15-2002, 06:44 PM
B A N N E D

Allright

Thanks fellas! Ive got extensive skills and knowledge of building 5-700 hp turbo civic's, so if anyone ever needs any assistance or has any tech questions regarding a "speed buggy" , i would be more then happy to answer any questions.

As for the tl, ive cancelled the kit, and called the bodyshop to tell them not to order the taillight to replace the one that was damaged in a recent accident.

I want to get the skipper kit and the azect spoiler and grill, however im clueless to the quality of these products. Is the skipper kit a fiberglass kit, and if so may i add in "damn!", if its fiberglass, does it fit well? Im curious where I can get one pronto, and if you all do get this kit in a group buy, when is the soonest I could recieve one?

I had a few other questions also.
1. The yellow fog light deal.. Is that hard to do and does it require taking the headlight apart with a heat gun?
2. The ground control coilovers... I have the eibach 3.2 tl kit now, the car looks like a flipping stagecoach and my wheels look like 10's. Do the groundcontrols dramatically drop the car, or can u still raise it to the level im at now? Does the car ride like a 85 minitruck with the coilovers?
3. does anyone have any used aftermarket stuff they would sell me off their tl? I have a 98 3.2.

Thanks alot for all the help and freindly words. Pleasure meeting you all.. Much more mature group then the hybrid forum...

Colt
Old 04-15-2002, 06:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

1) the yellow fog light thingy requires no heat guns or what not. there should be a sticky on the top of this forum to show you how to remove the yellow "condom"

2) i assume you have either the eibach prokit or sportsline which would only drop your car to at most 2.5 inches? i think groundcontrols go all the way down to 3.5 or so inches. ground controls are just like any other coilovers where you can raise or lower your car to your desired level.

3) no cause i have a 2.5

as for the skipper kit, i'm not sure what it's made out of, i don't know if the topic ever came up.
Old 04-15-2002, 06:57 PM
B A N N E D

The hatchback

Id put a pic up of the tl and the hatch and my integra but i cant figure this out.

The hatch was a 93 dx, fully gutted, no dash, no heatercore, nothing but a motor, and a seat, and a shifter. I ziptied the cluster to the column, had a radio in the floor board, lightened everything including the harness and bodypanels. The car weighed about 1800 even with me in it and a full tank of gas. Fiberglass body panels. Yes it had turn signals, headlights, and roll down windows. I drove it on the street, never ran it. It had a h22s prelude type s engine, and a fmax t4/t3 52 trm turbo kit converted to fmu rather then the junk ass additional injector stuff. I made a removeable coresupport and notched it so the radiator would sit 3 inches farther forward. I never ran a fan, the turbo sat about a desicron from the radiator and i never really had any trouble with it. Id say the car ran about a 10.5 when i had it to its full potential. It has 11.0:1 cr pistons and 13 psi. Hahaha,yes you read right, 11.0, i ran it on c16, with 8 degrees of timing retarded.

Theres some early pictures of the swap at this site if your interested in looking. It was a 95 h22a with the s pistons and rods.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/nichle...c=bc%26.view=l

the pictures are colts civ

there are pictures of my tl at this site

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/coonta...c=bc%26.view=l
Old 04-15-2002, 09:20 PM
Drifting

That is a tight fit with the turbo. 11:1 compression ratio is high, did you ever want to run more boost than the 13 psi you had? Then again, with that kind of weight reduction you wouldn't need a ton of boost to run nice times.

What kind of engine management did you use?

The type S is JDM, no? Runs something like 222hp.

I am trying to get my friend to swap in an H22 into his LX sedan. He complains it weighs too much, I tell him that is crap.
Old 04-15-2002, 09:43 PM
Ex-Mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Allright

Originally posted by Colt45
I want to get the skipper kit and the azect spoiler and grill, however im clueless to the quality of these products. Is the skipper kit a fiberglass kit, and if so may i add in "damn!", if its fiberglass, does it fit well? Im curious where I can get one pronto, and if you all do get this kit in a group buy, when is the soonest I could recieve one?
You can get all those parts including the red/clear tails at www.value-caraudio.com. Theres a few different kits on the site. Shipping takes 2-3 weeks since all these parts come from Japan. Allso keep in mind that the body kit is big and shipping for the complete kit is about $700. :wow: BTW, the Azect grill only fits 2.5's.
Old 04-15-2002, 09:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

nice pics... i like the cow theme you had going

the tl is nice i love those matiz wheels ( i was lookin at them but thry dont make em in 4 lug ... what shot you runnin of NOS
Old 04-16-2002, 12:54 PM
B A N N E D

the cow is my friends old car.

the cow is a friends old car

the nitrous is not installed, i was going to do a 75 shot

And the wheels on the tl are forsale for 2300 18x7.5 dazz matiz 225 40 zr 18 nt555 nitto, 6k miles, 5 wheels, 4 tires. new they were 710 per wheel.
Old 04-16-2002, 03:30 PM
8th Gear

your an animal

damn, you are an animal to run your civic on the street like that. I don't think I could make it down the block without getting pulled over with something like that in cali. My eg looks pretty stock, but i still get hassled all the time. With no interior and a look like that, the cops would have a field day.. ahahha... I dig the head unit on the tl, clean install too.