View Poll Results: Which Color Should I Repaint My TL???
Aegean Blue Pearl (TL Type-S)
60.00%
Jet Black
20.00%
Pearl White (1 St Gen TL)
20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

A Sad Story and A Poll

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2001 | 04:35 AM
10th Gear

Post A Sad Story and A Poll

I was on my way home from a friend’s house. I hit the first turn in his neighborhood, this big truck hits me in front (left hand side, front headlight). Making me lose control of my car (6 Months Ownership). I was trying my hardest not to hit any thing, my car was spinning out from the truck hitting me. I ended up half of my front hood into a wall. What makes it sad is that the other guy just took off, and I had to deal with a ****ed up cop! My friends came to my aid after hearing all the tire sounds and the impacts of the car. I was knock out, my car was full of smoke from the broken radiator. The ambulance came. What saved me from going out the window was my seat belt. I had some 1St degree burns on my neck, some neck pains, and back pains. So now my car is in the body shop.

My car is going to be repainted over. So now I am deciding what color I want for my car. I think I’m going to go with the TL Type-S Aegean Blue Pearl. What do you guys think???

Another thing what can I do about this bad cop??? He was yelling at me when I was down on the ground, talking **** when my friend wasn’t there!!! But my friends did see and hear everything that the cop said to me. He even gives me a ticket for unsafe speed!!! How the hell does he know when he wasn’t even yet there???
Old 11-15-2001 | 09:20 AM
Instructor

Glad to see that you are still living. Your car can always be repaired or re-purchased.

The truck digging out really blows. Hope your insurance is covering the damage.

Don't know what you can do about the cop. Maybe file a complaint, but there could be some reprisals. Basically its your word against his. Cops can be real a-holes.

Best of luck my TL brother,

--Teflon
Old 11-15-2001 | 02:53 PM
Advanced

Man, that sucks, glad to hear your ok. I say time to get on the phone and talk to NCAA and a lawyer, that's messed up what happen with the cop.
Old 11-16-2001 | 12:03 AM
10th Gear

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Old 11-16-2001 | 08:43 AM
Instructor

I say time to get on the phone and talk to NCAA and a lawyer, that's messed up what happen with the cop.
I dont think he should call the National College Athletic Association. I'm not sure if they could help much

But I do agree that you should call someone. Especially to get out of the ticket. Unless the officer is trained in investigating accident sites to the point he can take measurements and calculations to determine your speed. And this is HIGHLY unlikely. I used to be a police officer and know that usually only the highway patrol does such investigating. And this cop sounds like a big headed jerk. Anways my point, DEFINITELY fight the ticket. Get a lawyer if you feel more comfortable. And DEFINITELY go file a complaint especially if you have witnesses. A "fileable" complaint with witnesses will get the officer in trouble and maybe even suspended for a day or two. And a "fileable" complaint also looks bad on his record for future incidences. Heck, he may already have a nice little file goin...
Old 11-18-2001 | 01:57 AM
Racer

glad to see that you are alright. sucks about the car though. i know how it is to get in a accident with my TL. i had 2 within 2 weeks, and neither were my fault. i think you should go with the ABP.
Old 11-18-2001 | 09:33 PM
Pro

First of all I am glad to hear your ok.

Secondly I love black and would suggest you paint it black, BUT I recommend against it and go for the blue only cause I own a Black TL and let me tell you, that you will see every inperfection in the paint wether it be a ding, scratch or swirl mark, its really high maintenance, but it looks classy when its mint. That is why I recommend the blue cause its different and takes less effort in looking good.

Just my two cents.