Radio Code Radio Removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 05:13 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio Code Radio Removal

I know this subject of a lost radio code has been addressed numerous times but here is my story. My mother has a 1998 2.5TL that she has had for about 6 months. I have an extensive collection of service records that came with the car. The battery had been changed at an Acura dealership in 2001 so the battery was about 5 years old. The car always started easily but the starter didn't turn the motor over as fast as I felt it should. Rather than wait for mom to get stranded one day with a dead battery, I decided to change the battery as a precaution. I tried using one of those gadgets that you put a 9V battery on and then plug it in your cigarette lighter before disconnecting the old batter in order to keep the system energized so I wouldn't lose the radio codes. It did NOT work. Once the new battery was installed, the radio would no longer work. I searched this website for help. I learned that there may be a sticker with the 5 digit radio security code written on it in various locations in the car. I looked under the ashtray, under the lid to the fuse box, in the trunk, in the door jamb and everywhere else I could think of. There was no code to be found. So, I searched this website for information regarding how to remove the radio so that I could get the serial number off the radio and have Acura look up the security code. Removing the radio looked like it would be a difficult task. Instead, it was VERY simple. I won't go in to the specific procedure as it has been addressed in this group many times. Simply do a search if you need that information. The good news is that when I removed my radio, someone had written the 5 digit code on the unit itself. So, I didn't have to have Acura find the code for me. Not only did I record the code in the glove box but I also put the code on the Honda Owner Link website. Thanks to everyone for writing about your experiences with your car. You never know who it may help. Should anyone need help with removing their radio, l let me know. I'll be glad to share my experiences. It requires very little mechanical ability and should take only a few minutes. Stan
Old 08-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Khmer Pride

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
i think everybody knows how..there one way to get your serial with out removeing it by pressing the numbers and then turn it on..good thing u found ur code
Old 12-01-2006, 12:05 PM
3rd Gear

what numbers do i press to get serial numbers for my radio
Old 02-26-2008, 11:30 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by doctormdds
I know this subject of a lost radio code has been addressed numerous times but here is my story. My mother has a 1998 2.5TL that she has had for about 6 months. I have an extensive collection of service records that came with the car. The battery had been changed at an Acura dealership in 2001 so the battery was about 5 years old. The car always started easily but the starter didn't turn the motor over as fast as I felt it should. Rather than wait for mom to get stranded one day with a dead battery, I decided to change the battery as a precaution. I tried using one of those gadgets that you put a 9V battery on and then plug it in your cigarette lighter before disconnecting the old batter in order to keep the system energized so I wouldn't lose the radio codes. It did NOT work. Once the new battery was installed, the radio would no longer work. I searched this website for help. I learned that there may be a sticker with the 5 digit radio security code written on it in various locations in the car. I looked under the ashtray, under the lid to the fuse box, in the trunk, in the door jamb and everywhere else I could think of. There was no code to be found. So, I searched this website for information regarding how to remove the radio so that I could get the serial number off the radio and have Acura look up the security code. Removing the radio looked like it would be a difficult task. Instead, it was VERY simple. I won't go in to the specific procedure as it has been addressed in this group many times. Simply do a search if you need that information. The good news is that when I removed my radio, someone had written the 5 digit code on the unit itself. So, I didn't have to have Acura find the code for me. Not only did I record the code in the glove box but I also put the code on the Honda Owner Link website. Thanks to everyone for writing about your experiences with your car. You never know who it may help. Should anyone need help with removing their radio, l let me know. I'll be glad to share my experiences. It requires very little mechanical ability and should take only a few minutes. Stan
98 3.2 TL. Just tried removing the wood trim yesterday. Seems like the first thing to do. Any suggestions or where to start removing it from. My cd player says (peo) and ejects my cd's. Thinking about replacing the uniy. Thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Originally Posted by sammysback
98 3.2 TL. Just tried removing the wood trim yesterday. Seems like the first thing to do. Any suggestions or where to start removing it from. My cd player says (peo) and ejects my cd's. Thinking about replacing the uniy. Thanks
you start from the passenger side end to remove the wood trim... once you get it off, it is pretty self explanatory..
Old 02-26-2008, 01:08 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 01:50 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 99 Likes on 91 Posts
If it keeps ejecting your CD it is probably because the lens is dirty and might need to be cleaned because that it what I read one time and the guys radio ended up working after that.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:36 AM
3rd Gear

Will definitely try that first. Cool