Question about sound/subs HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 09:34 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about sound/subs HELP

for some of my songs, actually for most of them i have annoying ass rattling inside my car. i figured out that it was coming from the space between the back window and the platform with the speakers. i stuck pencils in there ( i know its ghetto) and it helped a little for about a week... now its back again and i am pissed. i was wondering if anyone else has this problem and any tips on what i should do?

okay another thing that i dont understand- my friend has two 12s in his accord. they are shitty subs and he has an even shittier amp, its like a 200 watt amp. i have 2 12 power acoustics with a MONO 600 watt roxkford amp. his sound good my are shitty. his have no rattle whatsoever in the inside and have like the perfect bass for every song...mine is opposite...WTF????

another quick question- do you guys unhook your subs for the winter, ive heard people say that theyre subs have cracked because of the cold...

PLEASE HELP THANKS
Old 12-05-2005, 10:06 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah no matter what you do, your trunk is going to rattle. My cousin dynamat his 96 TL and had 3 12 IDMax and it still rattled. I had 2 JL 12W6v2 and my trunk rattled. I got rid of the JLs and I now rock a Digital Design 3512 and it hits really really hard.

The rattling usually comes from the trunk latch. What i did was i put electric tape around the medal part of the trunk latch and it stopped it for awhile but it came back. I also put a dishwashing sponge behind my license plate. I was thinking of putting those things that goes around the refrigerator door around my trunk lining (if I do do this, I have to remember to cut a slit around it otherwise it'll be like a vacuum when i try to open the trunk ). Have you ever tried taking out the stock 6x9s in the back?? is your box ported? it will sound better without the 6x9s and have the ports shoot through the 6x9 space or have it shoot out the ski slot. since you have 2 subs back there, you dont need the 6x9s if you have some components or speakers on the front stage.