For Phildo!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005 | 08:52 PM
Banned

For Phildo!!!

Do this at ur own risk.
hah juss had to say it buddy..

ok to do the grill mesh like i did, its will be hard [i think] for me to exp. cuz i only have pic of it already done... so bare with me.. but it is easy to do if you know how... if that made sense..

open your hood... [im sure u dont need a pic of how to do this ]

and look behind your grill and you will see 4 [four] plastick black nuts holding the grill in..

and like 4 tabs holding in the grill..but i dont have these anymore cuz i didnt know they were there so i broke them , so if u want to not break stuff becareful when u pull it out lol..

so now ur grill should be off,
so now there should be like 9-10 siliver screws holding the black plastic to the "chrome" plastic outer thingy.. and 3 black screws holding the black metal to the bottom of the grill...

bottom-

here is almost what u would have when its apart

BUT!!! not the grill mesh part.. that is what u have to make..

so take the main part of the grill .. the one with the black 'fins' with the A in the center.. take the A out with 2 screws in the back.. and the black 'fins' is what u will be cuting off... what u see in the pic as empty space now.. hah

to cut it you can use what you think would do but i used a dreml [sp?] tool to cut it out.. if you dont have one i guess u can use a manual lil hand saw.. but it will take forever..

i did it rough tho. you can do it nice ofcourse.. you option.. BUTTTTTTT dont cut off the plastic part the would holds in the screw.. ya know in the top pic u see where 3 'bar' of plastic is sticking up.. thats where the screws need to go to so it can be placed back on your car..

now you need to buy some guttergards [again SP?] its for homes can be found at Home de pots. lowes and them kinda stores and stuff.. but i find it funny that its also sold at autozone under the name of High Speed Race Mesh.. cost more juss for the Fast n Furious name.. buy that if u want.. haha ,

Six pack from homedepot for $6 ish' to the $20 for one at autozone..

take one and cut it, to the shape of the grill.. ya know..

AHH-la so.. [ah like so]
^heres it painted black with the A 3M taped on.....

so now all u do is put the grill back together juss now with the Mesh in between the black plastic and chrome one.. ..

and it should look like the first pic if you didnt paint it.. [duh]

or like mine now painted black

and if you dont want that bar showing behind the grill paint it.. lol

here it is painted.. let me tell u how scared i was to point a spray paint can at my car.... umm i was very scared hah
[BTW you dont habe to paint it or paint it ur own color or juss make ur own kind .hah that would be even better ]
ok so that should be that.. if u have q's man juss ask

Im Out!
Old 11-01-2005 | 09:45 PM
Cruisin'

Alright awesome! One question, are you happy you did it?

Thanks alot man that looks like itll be fun and easy (even if it takes 5 hours :P)
-Phildo
Old 11-01-2005 | 09:58 PM
Banned

o trust me the cuting of the plastic fins took a good 4-5 hours to do [for me i might be slow] but im sure ur a fast type of guy u be finish in a few mins right? hah j/k!!!

happy yes.. becuz i plan to blackout my headlights and tint/nightshades the amber turns.. match the grill, so the front of my car is ganna be "blackouted" u can say, something diff i guess.. .. im very happy..
Old 11-01-2005 | 10:14 PM
Banned

juss watch out for this guy

he'll pop some bottles cap in ya'!
Old 11-01-2005 | 10:18 PM
Cruisin'

lmao look like a panda bear with a TMP, whatchoo mean black out your headlights?
Old 11-01-2005 | 10:30 PM
Banned

^^hah, dont make fun of my younger brother..too much haha he was trying to look like the guy[s] in Dead Presidents. the movie.. n i thought his make up was good hah if you seen the movie..
^blackout the lights.. take them apart and spray the shiny part lol um iono a better way to exp. it.. maybe i can get a pic soon.. its black housings.. JDM i guess...
Old 11-01-2005 | 10:33 PM
Cruisin'

Do they still..well..light?
Old 11-01-2005 | 10:39 PM
Banned

??? ummm yes..? lol they will work haha its juss the housing the shell the "surrounding" to the lights will be black.. but the light will still light.. i dont have powers i cant see in the nights hah ill try to get u pics of what im talking about or im sure someone else has em'...
Old 11-01-2005 | 10:44 PM
Cruisin'

OK I get it, thought you meant the light cover, like the clear part thats why I was confused. You just mean the rim right?
Old 11-01-2005 | 10:51 PM
Banned

well i hope my retarded jokes didnt get you mad haha but yes, .. i guess thats what i mean.. didnt ment to confused ya ..
Old 11-01-2005 | 10:55 PM
Banned

HERE WE GO BUDDY!!

again sorry for the confusion
Old 11-02-2005 | 12:55 AM
Cruisin'

Lol, dude, you help too much its not normal