Performance parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Performance parts

Hey guys, where can i find any performance parts for Gen 1 TL's? I have a '98 and i cannot find anything. All I see for TL's are the '99 and up models. Thanks
Old 09-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Instructor

You can get a Weapon-R secret weapon intake at www.sromagazine.com for about 180.00 dollars or you can get a weapon-r dragon intake from www.partsandaccessories.com for 120.00 As far as exhaust go go to a good exhaust shop in your town and have them custom make an exhaust and put a Remus muffler on it. Tell the shop you want a free flow style exhaust or as free flowing as possible and put a high flow catylatic converter on it. The exhaust and catylatic converter that you buy need to be any application type fit. Good plugs Good wires AEM fuel regulator for more fuel and I think MSD makes high performance ignitions for are car as well. More spark more power. And you could put on a Type II intake maniflod off of a Acura Legend coupe that will bolt on some good power but it costs about 150 for the part. Get it usd and take it to a machine shop and have them hone it out and polish it. Parts ar hard to find but with some ingenuity and time we can make are cars pretty nice.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Racer

u can also but groundwires for more responce on ur rpm. i wounder if they make any chips for our cars that would be nice..
Old 09-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Hurricane Game

Originally Posted by Kicker09
Hey guys, where can i find any performance parts for Gen 1 TL's? I have a '98 and i cannot find anything. All I see for TL's are the '99 and up models. Thanks
what engine do you have? i have some plug wires for a 2.5 liter.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Racer

And you could put on a Type II intake maniflod off of a Acura Legend coupe that will bolt on some good power but it costs about 150 for the part.
Hi,
This is interesting. Type II Acura Legend coupe eh? Do you know what year and type would it be? And did anyone tried this before and did you feel any difference?
Old 09-12-2005, 10:58 PM
Racer

Hi,
Is this what you're talking about?

If this is it then I can't see how it can fit the 2.5 TL
Old 09-13-2005, 01:24 AM
Intermediate

wazzup namesake! lol! Parts Train have the acura parts you're looking for. If my memory serves me right they had parts from a 1995 to 98 tl, juz check the link I go tfor yah
Old 09-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ysidro
Hi,
Is this what you're talking about?

If this is it then I can't see how it can fit the 2.5 TL
No this is not a mod for the 2.5 it is for the 3.2 TL
Old 09-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ysidro
Hi,
This is interesting. Type II Acura Legend coupe eh? Do you know what year and type would it be? And did anyone tried this before and did you feel any difference?
You canget the the type II intake off of the late model legend. just make sure that the it has a 3.2 liter V6 engine with the type II head. If you know about cars this is somting you can do your self just remeber to order new gaskets. you can also order the type II heads which contain the valves, valve springs, lifters, rockers. wich will also give you more power. If you do this I would call Acura and ask them if there are any after market valve springs that are used in any other honda engins that are stiffer, at this point I would try to find bigger cam shafts and custon fabricate a under pulley. I not sure but I think that 3.2 block is the same for a NSX, some one correct me if I am wrong, and use the camshafts out of that. If not just find a camshaft for our blocks. ie 3.5 or other.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:23 PM
Intermediate

thanks

Thanks guys. I will check out all the stuff. I knew about the intake and fuel pressure regulator. I can't seem to find a fuel rail, lowering springs/shocks. thanks again
Old 09-13-2005, 10:44 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry for the question, but what engine Kicker has? Couse I didn't know legends with 2,5 engines, so I can't understand how the intake mainfold from C32A will fit with G25A... May be my pure english don't let me understand everything?
But, mblackmarr, you damn right about heads of C32A and C32B from NSX they are the same in part of bracing and fits lovely, but NSX head requare NSX "brains" (really uncommon thing) and some fixes in transmission, couse drivetrain with such power will not lives long enought Some of my friends from Krasnoyarsk have found really crazy car - dark green Honda Inspire (Acura TL) UA3 with C32B heads and tuned (in Japan) ECU from NSX... Whow, buddy, this is really 300+ hp and burning on the 4th gear. I've asked him to make some pictures of this car and if he does I'll put it here.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:35 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Inspired[RUS]
Sorry for the question, but what engine Kicker has? Couse I didn't know legends with 2,5 engines, so I can't understand how the intake mainfold from C32A will fit with G25A... May be my pure english don't let me understand everything?
But, mblackmarr, you damn right about heads of C32A and C32B from NSX they are the same in part of bracing and fits lovely, but NSX head requare NSX "brains" (really uncommon thing) and some fixes in transmission, couse drivetrain with such power will not lives long enought Some of my friends from Krasnoyarsk have found really crazy car - dark green Honda Inspire (Acura TL) UA3 with C32B heads and tuned (in Japan) ECU from NSX... Whow, buddy, this is really 300+ hp and burning on the 4th gear. I've asked him to make some pictures of this car and if he does I'll put it here.
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttt!
Old 09-14-2005, 12:45 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Inspired[RUS]
Hey Inspired RUS (Russia WOW!! Whats up commrad just playin) If NSX heads require the NSX brains what would it take to do a computer component swap. And what type of mods to the tranny. I do lots of custom fabrication if all it needs is gears I could mill those out on a CNC. I likw the sounds of this!!! gimme a holla
Old 09-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Racer

this is some shit, i got to see this even do it my self..
how much money u think are we talking about to do crazy tuning? i was still thinking about a custom turbo by centrol florida turbo. they do some good work but i think i cant afford...
look it up guys i think they have a web sit...
Old 09-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Instructor

Thanks guys. I will check out all the stuff. I knew about the intake and fuel pressure regulator. I can't seem to find a fuel rail, lowering springs/shocks. thanks again
get some spring. I just bought intrax springs at www.drivewire.com for 203.00 dollars and those will lower a 3.2 1.7 inches vs the eibach springs wich lower only 1 inch. You can still get the ebachs on ebay and I have not been able to find a fuel rail, but I have no cross refrenced the fuel rails yet. Give it a shot
Old 09-14-2005, 04:26 PM
Racer

how about a performance chip, is there one out there for us. that would make a big diffrences in hp.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Intermediate

engine

cool, thanks for the info on the springs. by the way my engine is the V6 3200 SOHC. thats all i know..i just got the car and don't know much of the specs on it so.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mblackmarr
Hey Inspired RUS (Russia WOW!! Whats up commrad just playin) If NSX heads require the NSX brains what would it take to do a computer component swap. And what type of mods to the tranny. I do lots of custom fabrication if all it needs is gears I could mill those out on a CNC. I likw the sounds of this!!! gimme a holla
Well, I don't know much about this car, wating information from mine Krasnoyarsk's friends, but in my opinion "brains" should the same in part of connecting. Some problems must be with vtec system, couse I even can't imagine what management system is there, but my expirience tells me, that vtec management - not so difficult thing, usually vtec and non-vtec engines difference lies in couple of wires and actuators (exept cylinder's head of course), at least that was in swap europian H23A non-vtec head to japaneese H22A vtec head on prelude. What else? Compression ratio can be different and for the best perfomance will be nessesary to change pistons to NSX's. Conrod bushes is not really strong place in C32A engine - god knows how long will them live with +100 hp more pressure. Unlikely, but some differences may be in ignition system. And of course manual transmition is really nessesary for real fast car and NSX got it, so... As for cost of this swaping... Somthing about 10-20 k$, depends how many used parts you'll find.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:14 AM
Racer

The NSX and the Legend block shares almost nothing in common, well maybe the oil filter and a bunch of other parts.

For starter, the NSX engine is a lot wider than the C32 found in legends/TL. This is due to the DOHC heads that takes up more space. Also, the NSX engine sits on a latitude axis while the Legend/TL engine sits longitudinally (sp?).

We cannot simply exchange rods/crank/etc because they are different. Though the bore is the same, the stroke is different. Put in the NSX crank and your pistons will probably be above deck height at TDC.

Cheapest, yet effective mod for the 3.2L would be the Type II intake manifold swap as earlier mentioned.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:07 AM
Hurricane Game

Please......buy my product.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by GSteg
The NSX and the Legend block shares almost nothing in common, well maybe the oil filter and a bunch of other parts.

For starter, the NSX engine is a lot wider than the C32 found in legends/TL. This is due to the DOHC heads that takes up more space. Also, the NSX engine sits on a latitude axis while the Legend/TL engine sits longitudinally (sp?).

We cannot simply exchange rods/crank/etc because they are different. Though the bore is the same, the stroke is different. Put in the NSX crank and your pistons will probably be above deck height at TDC.

Cheapest, yet effective mod for the 3.2L would be the Type II intake manifold swap as earlier mentioned.
Yeap, sorry lads about C32A&C32B, but what is under the hood there? May be there is C30A head?