New Honda Information for 2002 and 2003

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2002 | 09:14 AM
Pro

New Honda Information for 2002 and 2003

Honda
2003 Accord (Midsize Car)
With much stronger competition from the new Camry and Altima sedans, the best-selling Accord will get a full redesign for 2003. Dimensions are expected to increase all around, and Honda officials have even hinted that it will get a V6 with upwards of 240 horsepower.

2003 Civic Type R (Sport Hatchback)
The Civic Si has finally returned to the States, but with only 160 hp, which may leave Honda fans a little disappointed. That may change soon, as industry rumors suggest that Honda is seriously considering importing the Type R version already available in Europe. Introduced at the 2001 Geneva Motor Show, the Type R features the same 200-horsepower i-VTEC 2.0-liter found in the Acura RSX along with various other performance-enhancing goodies.

2003 Model X (Compact Sport Utility)
Honda announced that it will build a production version of the Model X concept. Although the vehicle is scheduled to start production this fall, Honda has yet to decide on a final name for the vehicle. For a more detailed description, check our Concept Car Spotlight.

2003 Pilot (Midsize SUV)
Honda introduced an all-new mid-size SUV at the 2002 North American International Auto Show to replace the aging Passport. Set to go on sale in the summer of 2002, the Pilot features a low-emissions 3.5-liter V6, three rows of seating, and "class leading" cargo space. For more detailed information, click on the link above.
Old 04-05-2002 | 01:24 PM
Banned

So that would mean the best Accord would be better than the regular TL...so that means there is probably a horse power upgrade for the TL too! Also the Civic Type-R sounds pretty good and the ricers are going to go nuts over that one...
Old 04-05-2002 | 02:55 PM
Banned

The accord is a cheap piece of $hit
Old 04-05-2002 | 03:31 PM
Pro

How can the Accord be a cheap piece of **** when in Japan our TL is a "HONDA ACCORD Inspire".

I have had 3 Accords and presently a TL and I think they are great cars. Especially since when I open up the hood of my TL and see the word HONDA right across the engine.

Hey if the hook up the Accord I say more power to them. Accord is the main basis from which our car was derived from.
Old 04-05-2002 | 06:48 PM
Banned

that is not my point moron. Which car cost more the TL or accord? Just as I thought. Hmmmm well I quess if you like cheap cars more power to you. I will stick to acura, Infinity, audi ect... and not the cheap crap like honda, VW, and nissan
Old 04-05-2002 | 06:53 PM
Safety Car

reeefers you've been herbed before for talking that dumb@ssed shlt, why dont you shut the fvck up you idiot. You dont know jack shlt and its proved by your idiotic listing of 'luxury' brands. you're one dumb@ssed fvck.. I have to be honest, I've been on this forum for a while, and you ALWAYS have the dumbest posts. From everyone here on the forum- SHUT THE FVCK UP
Old 04-05-2002 | 06:55 PM
Safety Car

Mods- Im sorry but I had to do that, He keeps asking for it
Old 04-05-2002 | 11:19 PM
Burning Brakes

damn come on! we're not IS300 owners! stop acting like the TL is the best car in the world and everything else is crap.
Old 04-05-2002 | 11:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

we have already had this discussion with reefers ... he is a fvcking moron and he cant get it through his thick skull that Honda is Acura Nissan is Infinity and VW is audi but they are lower level.. then you must love jags cause all they are is basically luxurious FORD's .

i said it b4 and ill say it agian Dumba$$' should think before they start typing and this goes double for reefers

i also said his in the other thread that if you notice that the only reason that the 2.5's ahve a lowerig kit is because of the fact that there is an ACCORD which means our chassies are basied from a Honda yeah thats right you ignorant fool a H-O-N-D-A
Old 04-06-2002 | 06:35 PM
Pro

Reefers is just a ignorant fool. He reminds me of that character that Damon Wanens played in Living Color, you know where he was in Jail and Talking all sorts of smack and using incorrect words in the wrong tense. He is just a ignorant mo fo and we must pray that he doesnt reproduce. "Honda Sucks Ass" as he would say then I guess in japan he would be a loser since there is NO SUCH THING AS ACURA, JUST HONDA.
Old 04-06-2002 | 08:43 PM
Banned

wow. everyone here needs to chill. Holy $hit. Im a TL lover like everyone here. Just because I have a diffrent opinion does not make me stupid. What I find ignorant is calling someone stupid you don't even now. If you want to have a discussion on smarts im all game. I came to this site for ideas on modding my TL and have loved the help I have recived from the many great people on this site. Now because I have a diffrent opinion then you all you have to act like kids. My family takes pride in our cars and the cars we own. I can tell you that if I had a choice between a Honda or Acura I would always go with acura. I guess mayby I love my TL too much. And 96 TL my dad owns a jag and if you want to call that a ford you are a fool. ITS A JAGUAR. I dont care who owns the company. The day you own a car even as close to as nice as that then open your mouth...until then talk about cars that are more in your price range. The main point of this is that I did not join this forum to piss people off with my opinion but rather to be informed of the many diffrent types of mods that are out there for our cars. If my opinion offends you tell me, dont call me stupid because I am far from that. So please lets just all enjoy this forum for what it was intended for, us talking about the car we all love and enjoy.
Old 04-06-2002 | 11:11 PM
Safety Car

Im sorry man, but there's opinions and then there's just stupidity, and most things you say fall into the latter. You talk like some snooty bltch about expensive cars and luxury... You drive a 5-8 year old 'Affordable Luxury' car that was only 30k to begin with, and you are probably the 3-5th owner.. get off that shlt. Im not even gonna talk about all your idiot babble about fast cars either. No one says Honda and Acura are equal, but they are 80 percent the same, so you sound mad dumb when you shlt on Honda. Im trying to show you why you sound dumb, not cuz Im angry at you. you're also mad stupid bragging about your Pops car.. .. I dont know anyone who does that and isnt in middle school
Old 04-06-2002 | 11:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Reefers3.2TL
and not the cheap crap like honda...

then, in essence, youre calling our acura's a POS since honda designs, builds, and owns the name.
Old 04-07-2002 | 01:07 AM
Banned

all I really care about is what the fvck did I do with the pot?
Old 04-07-2002 | 01:15 AM
Banned

Ive been reading what my brother and yall have been talking about. I dont think hes really doggin on Honda's guys....He just uses the word Honda to categorize the economy cars made by Honda. He's got legitimate arguments when he says Accords are crap. I mean, if you guys were offered a choice between a new TL and a new Accord, I think we all know which one you guys would pick. And I guess it could depend on personal preference as well. You could compare this whole situation with soft drinks, the Coca-cola company makes Coke and Mountain Dew (maybe Sierra Mist? I dont know) Just because the Mountain Dew says coke on the can doesnt mean its coke. Sure its made by the same company, but it just isnt the same. Obviously you cant argue that Mountain Dew is better because soft drinks are entirely personal preference. But can we all not agree that a TL is a far better car than the Accord?
Old 04-07-2002 | 06:04 AM
Banned

But when he goes on about owning a Jag and all that it's retarted...Not ALL JAGUARS are expensive you moron... For your sakes I hope it's a XJ or XK series or else just shut your mouth and stop bragging about a stupid Jaguar...As for his other comments about the Accord, I can sort of see your opinion but you just express it wrong which is why people get mad. You come off as an ignorant assholish person which is why everybody is ripping you.

PS:That soda comment made no sense...
Old 04-07-2002 | 10:41 AM
Racer

Originally posted by Reefers3.2TL
The accord is a cheap piece of $hit

this guy is just trying to get a rise out of us. forget his response. he is just looking for play................out.................
Old 04-08-2002 | 07:57 AM
Pro

He is pretending not to want to fight, meanwhile he (reefers) is the one to begine calling people Morons for stating the Honda makes Acura. He likes to get a rise out of us cause he is immature and doesnt seem to know much by the way he speaks about Acura and Honda.
Old 04-08-2002 | 04:26 PM
Banned

oh yeah its an xk8. It cost my pops $70,000. Is that a nice enough car for you? Now come on lets stop *****ing. we sound like a couple of women on the rag. Lets chill out and have fun talking about our TL's!