New Headlights for a 2.5TL

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Headlights for a 2.5TL

what are my options as far as new headlights for a 96 2.5TL?

nothing to expensive.. but something nice and something I'll be able to tell a difference from my stock.

Old 01-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Burning Brakes

the only thing that you can get are black housing headlights. you can find them on ebay sometimes for a couple hundred but if you want to spend some more money, you could get projectors retrofitted inside your stock headlights.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:14 PM
ballin and baldin

i will give you a set of blacked-out headlights for $280 plus your old headlights.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:15 PM
ballin and baldin

email me at camsauken@yahoo.com if you interested
Old 01-22-2007, 12:46 AM
Cruisin'

what about replacing the bulbs on my headlights... I meant that..

I apologize
Old 01-22-2007, 01:21 AM
Burning Brakes

oh, well then there's lots of options. depends what you want to use them for, showing off or seeing at night. you could go to autozone and buy some "cool blue" lights and look ridiculous by trying to seem like you have HID or you could just do HID. another option is using sylvania silverstar bulbs which burn whiter so you get more light output at night but IMO, paying $80 for them both is a waste of money. just save up some more and buy HID lights. there's absolutely no comparison between standard bulbs and xenon. as far as HID goes, it really doesn't matter what kit you get, they're all pretty much the same. here are some options:

www.cqlight.ca
www.oznium.com/hid <<i have the 6000k kit and i love it
www.ebay.com <<search for HID or xenon

our standard bulbs are H4 so when you're looking at lights, that's what you'll want to get.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:32 AM
Intermediate

Check out mod-express.com, I had a 3000k kit for my civic and actually sent em back after i was done usin em for a month b/c i sold the car. but i did have to pay a restocking fee. kits are 220
Old 01-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Advanced

"sylvania silverstar bulbs which burn whiter so you get more light output at night"

Just bought these at Pep Boys - after reabte they were $40 installed for both.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gokartmozart
"sylvania silverstar bulbs which burn whiter so you get more light output at night"

Just bought these at Pep Boys - after reabte they were $40 installed for both.
i have them in my fog lights but they look yellow compared to my HIDs and i dont even have the condom in the fogs anymore. i've had them as my driving lights in other cars and i just couldn't justify the price with the results.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by daemonicus
www.oznium.com/hid <<i have the 6000k kit and i love it
Did you get the bi-xenon? If so, how well does that work? And how is the lighting pattern on the street? The aftermarket Xenon kits I've seen never do as good of a job as standard bulbs in terms of coverage/beam pattern.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jeph
Did you get the bi-xenon? If so, how well does that work? And how is the lighting pattern on the street? The aftermarket Xenon kits I've seen never do as good of a job as standard bulbs in terms of coverage/beam pattern.
i just have the conversion, not bi-xenon. at the time when i ordered my kit, they didn't offer the bi-xenon but since i've had them, i haven't even had the urge to try and turn my brights on. there's no need to, the point of brights are to see further ahead than you can with your low beams, but the xenons travel so much farther than my halogens that i dont even need brights. as far as the coverage goes, it's a lot different than stock bulbs. the stock bulbs cutoff line is kinda messed up, looking like this _ _ _ /_ _ _ / and the xenon is like this _ _ _ _ _ _.

the lights go farther out to the sides and they most definitely project forwards more. after putting the xenons in, i decided to put my old bulbs in just to see what it was like and the standard bulbs light was so scattered compared to the xenons direct beams. this might be due in part to the built in glare shields that oznium puts on their H4 bulbs. if you get the bulbs from www.cqlight.ca they wont come with the shields and you'll spend another $50 buying them. the shields create a cutoff line and also help from controlling glare into oncoming drivers eyes.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Burning Brakes

here are actual shots i took against my garage one night. there's absolutely no comparison between the two in light output and color. notice though, the cutoff line on the xenons is pretty much straight, whereas the cutoff line on the halogens is scattered. the only thing i'm going to change on my next car, is that i'll get the 5000k kit instead of the 6000k. i dont really care how the car looks, i just love light output at night and the 5000k would give me more than the 6000k.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:27 AM
Cruisin'

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

these will fit correct?
Old 01-23-2007, 01:10 AM
Burning Brakes

it says they fit a 1995-1998 TL but they never once tell you what size bulb it is. to be blunt, it looks like shit. these are the kind of bulbs you'd find at walmart. not only are they cheap as hell, but they're lying too...

"An astonishing color temperature of 7000K
No other bulb offers this ultra high color temperature at this price! With this color temperature, you can be sure that this is the nicest you'll ever come across at this rock-bottom price. Most other eBay sellers offer only 5000K at best for this price. Why settle for less? "

first of all, 7000K is a measurement of kelvin rating, NOT intensity. second, a 5000K light is going to give you more light clarity than a 7000K light so that whole "most other stores only offer 5000K" line is a load of crap. 5000K is a brighter, whiter bulb than a 7000K so "settling for less" is actually better in this situation. that probably sounds contradictory so think of it this way; a standard halogen bulb burns at about 3000K and that puts out a yellow light. as you go higher up in the kelvin scale, the light gets whiter. 4300K is the brightest, whitest light you can get. after that, it starts to change colors by getting more blue. 6000K is a white light with a blue tint. further on up, you lose the white light and at 8000K it'll be mostly blue. by 10000K, your light changes again to a purple tint. obviously, the bulbs burn at the same intensity, but what's going to put off more clear, white light? blue or white?

the only way you can measure light intensity (brighter lighting) is to measure the lumens it puts out. if you were to email this company and ask them how many lumens these put out, they'd probably sit there and scratch their head. if you got those, the light will look blue-ish but it will still burn like a stock bulb. i gaurentee you though, that the pictures they show on that site comparing bulbs, are going to look nothing like what you'll get.

i'm sorry, that was really damn long. if they say they will fit, go ahead, give them a try. hey, it's only $15 i guess. but if you're looking for better light output at night, dont buy these or any other knockoff light that claims to "look" like HID. it either is HID or it's not, there's no imitation.