Need Help Please-Probably posted befor

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 05:17 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help Please-Probably posted befor

Hi Im new to this site so i dont no if this is a re post.I bought my car about 3 months ago,the previous owner took out the factory alarm device for the remote so that way there was an alarm but no remote.Now i still have the alarm but not the remote.When i get out and lock the doors the anti theft alarm will arm and dis arm when i unlock the doors. About a week ago i was in my house and started hearing the alarm going off,now usally i just stick the key in and unlock the doors to turn off the alarm,but when i went to do it,it wouldent shut off,i tried putting it in the ignition and that wouldent disarm it either,so i had to disconect the bettery so it would stop.I took out the horn fuse to stop the noise.When i turn the key to on,everything works accept it wont turn over, anyone no what this could be?Thank you
Andrew
Old 02-09-2005, 06:13 AM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmm, from my understanding (didn't understand all of the beginning) the fuse for the alarm is out. Maybe thats why, the ignition being linked to the alarm, so if the alarm is removed, it won't start, sort of like an added layer of security. I'm really not sure though, just a guess.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Regardless if the horn isn't going off... the alarm is still set... which is still sending the signal to your horn so it can sound... the only thing you did is stop it from reaching the horn/siren... with that said, i'm not sure but your ignition won't turn over because the alarm is still set and most likely... (not 100% sure but i think our OEM alarm might have a relay under the steering column that prevents the ignition to turn your engine on... had the same problem on my 96 Accord...) Check this 1st Gen sticky:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84352

That will help you in programming your key fob thingy magiggy... my only guess so that you can get your car to turn on is open and close your doors from the outside manually with your key... in other words... Close all your doors... with your key in your hand... while out of your car lock your doors with the key and leave it... then open your doors about 1 minutes later... this should disarm the alarm... if it doesn't... the following is what is wrong...

1. You'll need the Key Fob Thingy Magiggy... (not sure if you can program it while alarm is armed...
2. Your ignition is shot... which is probably the only problem this type of car will ever have...

Good Luck...

InsanePyro... i forgot to tell you... i'll PM you the pics today during lunch since I havn't been home... I have my camera with me...
Old 02-09-2005, 10:52 AM
3rd Gear

Thanks for the help.the acura dearlership want 180 to come out and look at it.Do you no if theres anyway to bypass the alarm/anti theft device?
Old 02-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

i too dont use the key fob all the time since i only have one. Unlocking the doors with the key shoudl shut it off as I have done this many times. Many the system just had a brain fart...try reconnecting the battery and seeing whether everything is ok. If not, try seeing if there is a fuse for the alarm itself, that might disable the system. MAYBE, getting a key fob might do it, though i dont see how your going to program it if the alram is going off.

If nothing works, the dealer might be the only option.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
i agree with the others... try resetting the alarm by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery... then u may need to lock and unlock the doors from the outside of the car like spooky said... usually if u lock the doors before u close the door and then shut it, the alarm will activate... when you unlock the door with the key it should disarm... just like u said... now the other day with it tripped, and it didn't disarm, did u try locking and unlocking from the keyhole???? if the alarm is tripped then the kill switch is activated and your ignition is locked...

if nothing works then i say find a wire diagram and take the oem alarm out and put in an aftermarket one...
Old 02-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Registered Driver

If you disconnect to battery, be prepared to have to enter the radio code. It may be in the owners manual, or on a piece of paper somewhere. If you don't have it, I did a write up on how to pull everything out and get the serial number so the dealership can give you the code (they would charge you to get the serial number if you don't have it).