Merry F-in Christmas!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 10:15 AM
giggity giggity giggity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Accidente pre-Christmas...the best present ever (sarcastically)

Well, I got in an accident last nite. The traffic was absolutely insane. Anyway, you can look at the drawing I did to see what happened.

People were yelling at me to get my car outta the intersection, although I wasnt really in the way. Needless to say, they got an earful of obcenities back at them, even when I was on the phone with 911. No tickets were issued, so we're not sure who's at fault. Basically, I gotta go through all the bull$hit now with the insurance. God this sucks!!!

The guy tells the cop that he stopped to let people go and then I came across and he hit me. I must say that there is no way his P.O.S. civic w/90 horsepower could have accelerated to 20-25mph in about 10-20 feet, so I don't think that he stopped to let people go, or even hesitated when coming to the intersection becuase from the drawing, you can see that there was another car right next to him that stopped...

Get this, the guy who hit me was cool with everything until the end when he says to me, "You can't go through intersections like that." Oh man, I almost freaked out, but the cop was right there.

you can see pix of the accident here---> http://www.picturetrail.com/hoovedaddy2

Sorry some pix are $hitty, between the mode on the camera and my hands shaking after being hit, that's the best i could muster.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
wait did he have a stop sign too??? man as long as u r okay that is all that matters... remember a car is fixable, sometimes u may not be... just think of it this way, what if it was on the other side and up one door??? it would have been straight for u... just be glad it wasn't... i know ur baby is hurt but cars are replaceable, lives aren't... and also insurance will help u so look at it this way at least the tl will get a new paint job on one side...
Old 12-23-2003, 10:43 AM
giggity giggity giggity

Originally posted by KaMLuNg
wait did he have a stop sign too???
No, but my argument is that I was already in the intersection and he didn't even attempt to stop...the other car did...

i know ur baby is hurt but cars are replaceable, lives aren't...

so look at it this way at least the tl will get a new paint job on one side...
Yeah, while it's in the shop I might have them repair all the dents, dings, scratches that littered the rest of the car...I also want them to repaint the whole thing...only a $500 deductible so i'm hoping this guy doesn't throw me some curveballs like "Oh, my neck hurts...cough cough...lawyer...cough.."

At least you are concerned about my health cause my dad looks at the car, looks at me, shakes his head, and drives away...doesnt even ask if Im alright...that got me more pissed than anything. He's just angry cause our rates are gonna go up. They are already sky-high cause my bro totalled his car like 2 years ago, my dad god in an accident this past summer, and now this...oh well, I always say..."$hit happens"
Old 12-23-2003, 11:12 AM
Instructor

yes, but the 3 of you are ok?
that's all it matters
I know how bad is when the rates goes up and everything but kamlung is right
cars are replaceable
Old 12-23-2003, 11:38 AM
ballin and baldin

man i feel for ya on that one
thats bad
you have some $$$$ damage there man - probably $4k or more if you getting the dents and the whole car painted.
where were you at?
isnt he at fault? - if so you can sue his insurance company for your deductible. he did have insurance right?
did you drive it home? is it drivable? i see the window is flexed to sh*t. if not your insurance has to give you a rental car.

the reason i know is because i just got into an accident on i-95 in philly like 3 weeks ago. jersey tl'ers arent doin too well. but i have no where the damage you do. i just need a hood and grill and my bumper is a little bent. i will have to take some pics to show.

man i hope its not a curse haha

the way i look at it - you just have to laugh and forget about it. i know it sucks but now it will look better than ever.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:11 PM
Senior Moderator

[i]
At least you are concerned about my health cause my dad looks at the car, looks at me, shakes his head, and drives away...doesnt even ask if Im alright...that got me more pissed than anything. He's just angry cause our rates are gonna go up. They are already sky-high cause my bro totalled his car like 2 years ago, my dad god in an accident this past summer, and now this...oh well, I always say..."$hit happens" [/B]
hey my dad was like that w/ my first car... i was driving for only 1 yr and i totalled my car... it was my first car, i was a freshman in college... and it was my fault... my dad got to the body shop where they towed the car... looked at the car, looked at me and started balling... i could understand he was mad because it was my fault and all but it shows that they give u alot of responsibilty and something bad happens so they get mad... granted that this particular incident may have not been totally ur fault u still have to get some **** from them... u know why??? cause it would be too easy if u didn't get any **** from them
Old 12-23-2003, 12:13 PM
Senior Moderator

oh yeah as for the insurance rates... join the club... new jersey is ridiculous.... i pay 4200 for my TL full coverage...
Old 12-23-2003, 12:59 PM
giggity giggity giggity

Originally posted by AC_DADDY
man i feel for ya on that one
thats bad
you have some $$$$ damage there man - probably $4k or more if you getting the dents and the whole car painted.
where were you at?
isnt he at fault? - if so you can sue his insurance company for your deductible. he did have insurance right?
did you drive it home? is it drivable? i see the window is flexed to sh*t. if not your insurance has to give you a rental car.

the way i look at it - you just have to laugh and forget about it. i know it sucks but now it will look better than ever.
I was in East Gate Square and there were traffic jams everywhere, my interection included. He did have insurancer and everything. I drove the car home and actually drove it today too. The window doesnt close cause the middle of the door bent, therefore making the top stick out. I hafta cover it with a tarp at noight in case it rains...
Old 12-23-2003, 01:15 PM
Banned

Damn that sucks. Get it fixed.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:34 PM
Intermediate

Thats some crazy stuff man...good thing your ok!!
Old 12-23-2003, 02:32 PM
Ex-Mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At least you're okay bro. The damage isn't too bad. Make sure you go to a good shop though. You don't want that door to open and close all goofy. That looks like about $4500 in damage. I know a really good guy in downtown Brooklyn but he's really expensive and really busy.

KaMLuNg, $4200!? Holy sh*t! I was paying $2400 for my TL and now pay $3600 for my 330 and I ***** all the time about NYC rates. My brother in Florida pays like $1000 a year for a brand new A4.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:01 PM
10th Gear

That stinks man. Sorry to hear that. However, I do like your freehand drawing.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:06 PM
giggity giggity giggity

Originally posted by barracudagsr
However, I do like your freehand drawing.
Why thank you, haha.

On another note, my mom is driving my aunts company car, so I'm gonna drive her '95 bimmer while I am home...
Old 12-23-2003, 03:27 PM
All about JDM

Sorry to hear that bro. And like everyone said, its good that you are ok.
Old 12-23-2003, 05:33 PM
ballin and baldin

Originally posted by KaMLuNg
new jersey is ridiculous.... i pay 4200 for my TL full coverage...
what co. do you have damn?

i have NJ skylands and i pay $18xx a year full coverage

thats way too high - you have mad points? what is your age?
Old 12-23-2003, 05:35 PM
ballin and baldin

Originally posted by HQuakers
I was in East Gate Square and there were traffic jams everywhere, my interection included. He did have insurancer and everything. I drove the car home and actually drove it today too. The window doesnt close cause the middle of the door bent, therefore making the top stick out. I hafta cover it with a tarp at noight in case it rains...
at the moorestown mall?

that sucks because its gonna rain tonight too.

you have something so someone dont mess around with your stuff?
Old 12-23-2003, 08:45 PM
giggity giggity giggity

at the moorestown mall?

that sucks because its gonna rain tonight too.

you have something so someone dont mess around with your stuff?
Yeah, right behind it. I am gonna put a tarp over top of the car..im hoping that'll work.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:42 PM
Pro

Hey bro - I feel bad for you man especially at this time of the year. Cheer up
Old 12-24-2003, 08:55 AM
Senior Moderator

what co. do you have damn?

i have NJ skylands and i pay $18xx a year full coverage

thats way too high - you have mad points? what is your age?
allstate... they are so damn expensive... i just turned 21 and i have 2 accidents under my belt... and its not totally in my name... my mom's name but my dad has an accident in there too...
Old 12-24-2003, 09:02 AM
Advanced

Sorry to hear about the car, sounds like if the damage is real bad, they could total it and you buy it off them to fix it.

full coverage in st louis is $500/year for my TL and $600/yr for my older Accord (which only has liability). Allstate cut me a deal when Geico, AIG were all quoting me over $4000/yr combined.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:55 PM
giggity giggity giggity

Got the estimate today, $4300 to fix. I also got the accident report and, as if I wasnt expecting, it was my fault. I gotta wait for a letter from the insurance company, sign it, fax the letter and the police report to them. Then I pay $500 and the car goes into the shop...now we play the waiting game..
Old 12-30-2003, 06:50 PM
Ex-Mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by HQuakers
Got the estimate today, $4300 to fix.
Wow, I estimated that pretty good. Good luck with the repairs. Go to a shop that you know and trust.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:38 AM
ballin and baldin

hey, i guessed $4k first

j/k
Old 12-31-2003, 09:48 AM
Banned

Sorry to hear about your accident.

Here's hoping that next year will be much better for you.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:59 PM
ballin and baldin

hey, i guessed $4k first

j/k
that was my d ickhead brother posting
Old 01-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Advanced

well atleast your car is getting repaired. i got into an accident with my girlfriend's car and like it was totalled (suzuki esteem...15 mph into a car's rear and it's totalled...the car i hit got off with a dent in the bumper o_O)

err getting back to the story, my dad was acutally driving by and saw me and he stopped, looked at me, shook his head and drove away...haha same thing like your dad. no lie.

well ya its my fault, but funny thing is...now 2 years later, i check up my driving record NOTHING appears to be on there about any accident. i asked them and they were like "...you got into an accident?" i just quickly said something like, ohh no, i was with a friend in his accident...does that count to me?" (making him think i was some stupid kid. ;])

the guy you hit cant come back and say his neck hurt or what not anymore...police report has been written, and guy prolly didnt say anything at the time, so pretty much he can't come back and say something....and if he does, ask him to get a doctor's letter and conditioning report.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:39 PM
giggity giggity giggity

Im not too worried about the other dude. I went to a body shop today (repuatble) and he told me there might be more damage than estimated, but he knows the estimator(?) so its all good. Plus, he told me since he was doing this much work, he would get out the dents, as long as they dont require major work, and he would polish up all of the nicks and scrapes. In addition, due to 2 hit-n-runs, he said he would repair my front and rear bumper (strip paint, sand/repair, and repaint) for $500. I think it's a pretty good deal...just gotta talk it over w/ the 'rents first..
Old 01-06-2004, 03:00 PM
ballin and baldin

as long as you can trust them

also i had my old honda and almost the same situation as you with the front and rear bumper (car was hit from both sides in 2 weeks at the same parking lot) they were not painted yet along with my side skirts and i had a local body shop repair and paint the kit for $380.
so i would think twice about agreeing to that deal because it doesnt seem to me like he is cutting you any special deal.

one more thing, why dont you have the entire car painted? i think that would be a good idea because you are now having front bumper, back bumper, hood (?not sure?) and one whole side painted - so to perfectly match it i think it would be in your best interest to paint the whole car. because the last thing you want is to have your car fresh out of the body shop and be disappointed. its seems logical to me so i am just suggesting it to help you out